It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Complaints about Star Wars: The Acolyte

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2024 @ 03:38 PM
link   
R2D2 and C3PO are the first intergalactic gay couple in existence. They did not need to be defined. They did not need to show it. We all knew they were in love.

They were BI-Nary......LOL

posted on Jun, 20 2024 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: rdambroso

I'll just leave this here.

I'm a little obtuse sometimes..what was the point of this?

posted on Jun, 20 2024 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

The toxic fans need to relax.

Is that you Kathleen ?

You can't trample over something people have loved throughout their lives and not expect some kickback , fans have voted with their feet and the minority these films are aimed at aren't really interested because the stories are lame.

I'm just enjoying watching the big studios destroy themselves.

posted on Jun, 20 2024 @ 05:25 PM
link   
To those that say Star Wars fans are toxic, I know what real toxicity looks like towards SW.

People who go on other peoples YouTube reaction video's where they totally enjoyed TPM seeing it for the first time in 2024 and tell the reactors they are crazy and TPM is the worst SW movie ever....now that is toxic.

If people are seeing a movie that came out in 1999 for the first time in 2024 and really enjoy it, telling them they are wrong......well as one reviewer said, they have "other" issues.

I have enjoyed all the new SW TV series up until now, this one is just....it doesn't have the stamp or feel of the OT or PT.

posted on Jun, 20 2024 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

How dare you assume the logic of a droids operating system. They might be quantum computer based and therefore not 0 or 1. Could be both, nether, or something in between.

If you remember C3PO did state be could communicate with binary loaders. Why would a droid say that if it was the droids native language?

posted on Jun, 21 2024 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

The fanbase is super toxic.

That damned Fandom Menace! Why won't they just love all the woke nonsense with crappy writing and shut up!

No, sorry man that don't jive. It's not the Fandom in this case, it's the president of Lucasfilm pushing her woke feminist agenda at the expense of the Star Wars branding, all while gaslighting and berating the people who have supported Star Wars their whole lives.

Talk about biting the hand that feeds!

edit on 21-6-2024 by AlroyFarms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2024 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: GotterDameron23

We spoke about how # Star Wars has been becoming on my podcast last week actually

rumble.com...
edit on 21-6-2024 by CosmoJuliusCosma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2024 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AlroyFarms

When the fandom almost drives someone to want to commit suicide or the fandom makes someone want to sell their creation because it's not fun anymore.

It's toxic.

posted on Jun, 22 2024 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The Star Wars fandom is not toxic. That is an inaccurate and unfair generalization. There likely are extremists among the fans, as there are with ANY medium. Nor do I believe it's anything but a small minority and that many of those on twitter and otherwise have done nothing but blow it all out of proportion for additional controversy.

The same fan base that hates The Acolyte didn't hate Season 1 or Season 2 of The Mandalorian. It's not a different subset of people.

The problem is, those on the left tend to use ANY dissent, dis-agreeance, dislike to suddenly exclaim "TOXIC fans!" "TOXIC men" They turn it into a fan problem, when really the problem is that they have taken a well established IP and turned it on it's head and into something it never was, never meant to be and then get angry about it when people don't like their decision to change it all up. Especially when the changes are for a small minority of people who bitch the loudest.

Because it's the same cry among so many of the various IP's across the board - Doctor Who, Star Trek, Indy, etc. etc. A Property is suddenly turned into a vehicle for "The Message" and normal people and fans don't like it and tune out and then get blamed and called names for doing so.

If it was one property, maybe two I could agree, maybe it is a toxic fan base, but so man? no with so many it does not make sense it's a fan base problem, it's a creator problem and it stems back to the sudden, drastic and radical changes to the property.

And the owners of the IP have the absolute 100% right to change the IP in any way they want to, but it's unfair to expect the majority of your fan base to support those changes when they become radically different from the version that were there for long histories of time. But no where does it say fans must accept and have no freedom to complain or stand against the radical changes.

Henry Cavill has a great quote about fansReddit - Passionate fans.

It's come down to the fact if you have a different opinion that the left/that small minority of people on anything, then you are wrong and you are bad and if you are white and male you are bad. History is bad because it isn't sanitized. Fandom is just one facet of the whole thing.

and I seem to have lost my old account somewhere and never managed to recover it.

Anyway, this is all my opinion and belief and what i have experienced.
edit on 22-6-2024 by Thanatos00042 because: spelling

edit on 22-6-2024 by Thanatos00042 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2024 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Thanatos00042

That is an interesting clip from Cavill,
Indeed back in the day when it came to SW PT their were passionate "gushers" and "bashers".

I think it's so interesting that an entire new generation of reaction video people especially woman love the PT seeing it for the first time. They like things I don't care about for instance, they are so excited about all of Natalie Portman's outfits in AOTC, not a highlight to me but to them it is. Some even like the cheesy romance between Anakin and Padme.

Also they are watching all 6 movies within a year or even six month which I think hits different, than seeing the OT when you are 10 and then the PT starting when your 32 for example.

People change and so do their perspectives, of coarse the OT will have bigger impact on 10 year old.
No 10 year old hated the TPM when it came out in 1999, Lucas built it for kids, by the time ROTS came out in 2005 that generation was 15 and could handle the more mature nature of ROTS.

However I am afraid The Acolyte suffers from this:

The term for the reverse of "plot armor" is often referred to as "plot-induced stupidity" (PIS) or "plot-convenient incompetence."

edit on 23-6-2024 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

I'd argue the people making these shows are super toxic.

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: 5thHead

And the fans aren't? what?

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Steinermath333

I heard rumors about such a show, even think I read an article or two. I believe it might be in the making. Too tired to google it right now, but I too hope for such a show. Without all the woke etc.
Think disney just does what they've done with the Marvel movies. Sure it looks pretty and all... But there's just no substance. Flashy effects and no actual story. Nothing that actually matters.

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I understand representation. Heroes were always white men. So, introduce some other characters people can 'relate' too. No problem. All for it. Everyone should be included. But replacing is not inclusion.

However, when you decide to make it all about one group because you feel slighted you are going to get some push back and it is not just Star Wars.

You have a black 'couple', who have twin black clone kids, who are then found by a wookie, another asian man and a black guy. They kill off the white woman in the first episode. They are even making a 'couple' out of a non-binary alien and one of the twins. This is not what should be talked about in a Star Wars movie. We want action not DEI BS.

The show is not that bad to be very honest and I think they are over blowing a lot of it but, like George Lucas said

“They would say, ‘It’s all white men,’” Lucas said, per Variety. “Most of the people are aliens! The idea is you’re supposed to accept people for what they are, whether they’re big and furry or whether they’re green or whatever. The idea is all people are equal.”

Less Dialogue and more action.

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Snarky Jay says it pretty well.

Can't figure out how to pull it up here.

youtu.be...
edit on 6242024 by GotterDameron23 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join