It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Complaints about Star Wars: The Acolyte

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2024 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I've heard absolutely nothing but complaints about The Acolyte. The new Star Wars show on Disney+.

And all of the people who worked on it aren't blaming themselves.

They're blaming The Fans.

They're blaming Men.

Instead of realizing that they suck at entertaini8ng, it's everyone else's fault.

When people can't admit their mistakes,
they can't correct their mistakes,
and keep making the same mistakes over and over again,
expecting a different result each time...

Hey Disney, that's the definition of something...

posted on Jun, 20 2024 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: GotterDameron23

Kathleen Kennedy has done more to ruin Star Wars than George Lucas could have ever dreamed!

In fact she ruins everything she touches. Even Spielberg throws shade at her publicly.

And yes she has always blamed and attacked the fans for not liking her woke pandering.

Edit: I had to check to see if she's still president of Lucasfilm because there's been talk of her being replaced for years.

Kathleen Kennedy recently claimed that Star Wars projects that are led by women don't work because of the fans

Really Kathleen? Because most people think Carrie Fisher as Leia is a freaking icon. She was smart, sassy, sexy, resourceful, courageous, and everything a rebel hero should be, while still displaying tenderness and sensitivity. She is shown taking action while Luke and Han were still scratching their heads. "Somebody has to save our skins!"

Leia was a badass!

So tell us again Kathleen how the fans are all women-hating misogynists.

How is Furiosa doing? Bet those horrible toxic Mad Max fans just can't stand it! Not!

edit on 20-6-2024 by AlroyFarms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2024 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Well she proves men can get pregnant.

posted on Jun, 20 2024 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Thing is with Disney now it isn't about entertainment anymore it's about pushing their rainbow message , they're losing Billions but still they plough on blaming everyone but themselves, I see now they're trying to cancel the Critical Drinker and Nerdrotic for their "hateful" commentary.

The House of Mouse is dead , they just don't know it yet.

posted on Jun, 20 2024 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I waited in a long line at the theater when Star Wars first came out in the 1970s. I thought 2 and 3 were OK, but it was beginning to suffer after that. I'm not sure how far I got through all the Star Wars movies and their offshoots, but nowadays I'd never consider watching any of it at home or the theater. As an original fan who saw the first one when it came out, they lost me years ago, and when Disney destroyed it completely, it was long dead in my eyes.
edit on 6/20/2024 by TheMichiganSwampBuck because: Corrections

posted on Jun, 20 2024 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Blatent enforced rainbow messages aside-I wouldn't trust that Leslie Headland person-and would never have employed her in any capacity due to her being Harvey Weinsteins personal assistant for years-and only having good things to say about him..

She never noticed him misbehaving,not even once for all that time-while he was busy being vile to many women.
Yeah sure,we believe you.

posted on Jun, 20 2024 @ 07:51 AM
link   
When they killed off a Jedi Master AKA (Trinity) in the first episode by a girl throwing knives, I knew it was going to be bad.
Then everybody that has force powers die in a fire started somewhere else in a complex like they didn't have time to react too, and it was mostly stone too. Big plot hole.

It's bad writing, bad acting, and a story that doesn't make sense, but I am still watching it anyways, but you can tell the people in charge of this had no clue what they are doing.

Blaming fans for your entertainment production failure is very lame, it's like players on a hockey team blaming their fans in their building for losing a game, take some accountability for the loss, own it.

posted on Jun, 20 2024 @ 08:43 AM
link   

There is two issues here with Star Wars.

1. The fanbase is super toxic.
2. The people making the movies/shows are coming out with subpar content.

This makes for a bad combination.

So it's a vicious cycle that's just spiraling out of control.

posted on Jun, 20 2024 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

There is two issues here with Star Wars.

1. The fanbase is super toxic.
2. The people making the movies/shows are coming out with subpar content.

This makes for a bad combination.

So it's a vicious cycle that's just spiraling out of control.

I won't pay money to watch woke glbtxyz rainbow bullsheet. If I accidentally run accross it on tv or elsewhere I switch it to something else. Isen or whatever his name is said they are going to get rid of the woke bullcrap. Apparently they were LYING. You couldn't pay me to watch one of their movies these days much less go to one of their groomer parks.

posted on Jun, 20 2024 @ 09:20 AM
link   
When one dresses a price of propaganda within a known and liked franchise what other outcome were they expecting?

You want good Star Wars? Disney doesn't know how to do a good Star Wars story.

Have a good one. Carful now, it is a tear jerker.

edit on 20-6-2024 by BeyondKnowledge3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2024 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: rdambroso

I'll just leave this here.

edit on 10Thu, 20 Jun 2024 10:36:06 -0500America/Chicago24580 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2024 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Also this. The toxic fans need to relax.

edit on 10Thu, 20 Jun 2024 10:40:11 -0500America/Chicago24580 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2024 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

I'm getting the impression that "toxic" is the go-to word?

FYI I'm not a fan - they're just movies. If I think they're woke garbage so what? Enjoy your spell-casting lesbian space witches don't tell me I'm toxic for not sharing the same view.

posted on Jun, 20 2024 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Thing is with Disney now it isn't about entertainment anymore it's about pushing their rainbow message , they're losing Billions but still they plough on blaming everyone but themselves, I see now they're trying to cancel the Critical Drinker and Nerdrotic for their "hateful" commentary.

The House of Mouse is dead , they just don't know it yet.

Totally agree. If it's Disney, I'm not watching. I don't even bother to tune in to take a look. It's so blatantly "agenda" driven it's pathetic. The weird thing is they haven't run out of money yet. Maybe they're coasting on residuals?

posted on Jun, 20 2024 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I heard this saying years ago and it really is true. " No one hates Star Wars more than Star Wars fans" . Acolyte is pretty dull after the first couple episodes but whatever, dont like it then dont watch. Its really not that important. I am just holding out hope for a old republic show

posted on Jun, 20 2024 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

I see this as much like when Coka Cola came out with New Coke. Same brand, same name, different taste. Not what people wanted in that particular product.

I see it as a problem of those in charge now are not fans of the first 3 movies. They had a ready made fan base that were eager for more stories similar to the originals. What the fans got was a different flavor set in the same universe.

The same thing happened to Dr.Who. And even the Star Trek reboot movies.

Like the coke incident, content not as expected. Coka Cola adapted to the mistake. Star Wars keeps making the same mistake.

posted on Jun, 20 2024 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I am like a 2 out of 10 on the star wars Fandom. I loved the OG movies and read the books as a kid because the girl I was crushing on was really into it. Hated 1,2, and 3, never saw 7 forward. New crush is really into star wars so I try watching mando and really enjoyed it (bias for it having Katie Sackoff) and though Boba Fett and Kenobi were okay (I guess fans hated it?) Thing is as a life long marvel fan, I get it when Star Wars fans get mad when people who don't care about the IP get involved. This really feels like a current year problem. Back in the 90s and early oughts, it seemed like if you were writing something it was because you loved it. Outside of Kevin Smith, who clearly hated Spidey and Black Cat, they would bring in celeb writers who loved the characters they worked on, even if you didn't really think it was great plot, you could tell they loved it. Now we get projects now where the writers think they have to fix popular things of old. The list is huge.

posted on Jun, 20 2024 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Disney spent billions on Star wars, Marvel, and Indiana Jones. Put people in charge that either don't know the stories or don't care and just want to push an agenda. And drove each one of the massive money makers off a cliff. Then blame the fans for not liking it. There's got to be a point where they say maybe we shouldn't make this crap anymore.

posted on Jun, 20 2024 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61
Enjoy your spell-casting lesbian space witches....

Yeah ... I read about that ...
I wasn't liking the Star Wars Movies (except for #4 and #5) anyways.
And Mark Hamill running around all woke and far left political
being all gleeful about Trump being convicted really turned me off too.

posted on Jun, 20 2024 @ 03:37 PM
link   
undercover video of Disney exec saying NO WAY WE WOULD EVER HIRE A WHITE MALE.
Gee...WTF is wrong with these people and why aren't they being SUED OUT OF EXiSTENCE for racism and discrimination?
www.thegatewaypundit.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join