It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I may have been wrong on Mandella effects.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2024 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Long story short...I used to think there was something to these, then I came across the C3P0's silver leg one and it blew me away.
I spoke to a few mates of around the same age and they all, like me believed he was gold all over....except for the couple who actually had C3P0 dolls. They knew he had a silver leg.

That was the end of me believing in Mandella effects until this morning.

I re watched an old film from the 80's. Made in Britain, Brits of the right age will probably remember it as a story about Trevor, a young skinhead (played by Tim Roth). Anyway, it was much as I remembered, up until the end....I clearly remember at the end, Trevor held a petrol bomb and threw it at the floor at his feet. It was such a powerful image it stuck with me ever after.

Didn't happen in this version and my first thought was that the newer you tube version I was watching had been cleaned up so as not to melt the snowflakes. I looked and looked, I can't find that ending anywhere.
There are synopses and transcripts dotted around, none of which mention that ending.

What is happening here?
Have I finally gone loopy?
Or does anyone else remember Trevor's self immolation at the end?

link cos inline youtubve keeps failing
edit on thpTue, 18 Jun 2024 08:06:48 -050020242024-06-18T08:06:48-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: spelling, natch

posted on Jun, 18 2024 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Fixed...

ETA:

Found an alternative 'unaired' ending, but still not what you remember.

edit on 18/6/2024 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2024 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Thanks mate, now just fix the thing that made me write the post and we are golden!

ETA I have absolutely no memory of the digging scene though
edit on thpTue, 18 Jun 2024 08:39:10 -050020242024-06-18T08:39:10-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: Addendum

posted on Jun, 18 2024 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Maybe it was another film?

A quick search showed that hostage from 2005, has such a scene where one of the characters throws a molotov to his feet...

posted on Jun, 18 2024 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Thanks mate, now just fix the thing that made me write the post and we are golden!

ETA I have absolutely no memory of the digging scene though

Sorry, mate. I wish I could help more. I never saw this, even if I was in Secondary school in North London at the time. I guess I had enough skinheads to deal with at school... didn't need anymore on TV. However, they left me pretty much alone... they'd just salute me and say Mussolini was great.

Anyway, here's why the alternative ending exists.

Despite being a production relatively free of complications, problems arose with the filming of the original ending. As scripted, the final shot of the production was to feature Trevor, now confined to a borstal, digging trenches in the backyard with all the other inmates and encouraging them to 'dig for Britain'. As David Leland noted in a 2016 interview accompanying the re-release of the play for Tales Out of School DVD collection, "I'm a country boy...I assumed everyone knew what trenching was." Director Clarke misunderstood the directions in the script, resulting in a scene where the borstal inmates are digging seemingly randomly placed holes. Deemed unsatisfactory and with insufficient funds to re-film it, the televised film closes on a freeze-frame of Trevor's grinning face in police custody. Screenshots and script directions from the original ending are enclosed on the aforementioned DVD.

From Wiki

posted on Jun, 18 2024 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Possible but I'm shying away from that because the memory of it is crystal clear.

haha yeah, had a mate at school called Marcus, I remember he drew a swastika on his head in biro and insisted we all called him Trevor for the afternoon.
edit on thpTue, 18 Jun 2024 09:02:25 -050020242024-06-18T09:02:25-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: Addendum

posted on Jun, 18 2024 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Well, I am not sure yet.

Because it is BerenSTAIN for me not the BerenSTEIN bears NOW. I remember one and my books have the other.

Also

"Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all" was what I remember.

I have some others but things like Tony the Tiger's nose is easily explained as they changed it since I ate Frosted Flakes in the 80's.

posted on Jun, 18 2024 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Not heard about the mirror or Tony's nose!

posted on Jun, 18 2024 @ 09:09 AM
link   

haha yeah, had a mate at school called Marcus, I remember he drew a swastika on his head in biro and insisted we all called him Trevor for the afternoon.

LOL. By the way, I used get along well with Mods, too... they'd salute me and say Vespas are great.

Actually, come to think of it, I got along well with everyone. The black kids adopted me as one of their own because I was the only white kid in the school athletics sprint team.

Greeks, Cypriots and Turks all treated me equally... and their mothers fed me like a horse when I visited their homes.

posted on Jun, 18 2024 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Haha lucky you weren't the size of a house when you finished school!

posted on Jun, 18 2024 @ 09:31 AM
link   

No worries, they gave me lots of artichokes and stuffed leaves... I was as skinny as a rake.

My English mate's mum was a different matter... chips, bacon and sausages. Too much of that stuff would have turned me into a brick sh!thouse.

posted on Jun, 18 2024 @ 09:31 AM
link   
The movie on fmovies is 3 minutes longer than the yt version. Maybe you can describe where about in time the scene you described was so I can see if it’s there as I couldn’t watch too much of that garbage.a reply to: SprocketUK

posted on Jun, 18 2024 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: CitizenB

Right at the end, its a scene where the camera points exactly at him and he smile and raises the bomb up, smashing it down on the floor at his feet.

And its a great film

posted on Jun, 18 2024 @ 09:46 AM
link   

The wicked witch in Sleeping beauty.

posted on Jun, 18 2024 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

What? Mirror mirror on the wall, make Tony's nose ever so small?

posted on Jun, 18 2024 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: CitizenB
The movie on fmovies is 3 minutes longer than the yt version. Maybe you can describe where about in time the scene you described was so I can see if it’s there as I couldn’t watch too much of that garbage.a reply to: SprocketUK

That sounds like it was cut to remove that scene. Please, report back if you watch this.

posted on Jun, 18 2024 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Now it says

"Magic Mirror"

That one is not right at all for me.

Mirror, mirror was the line!

originally posted by: Justoneman

What? Mirror mirror on the wall, make Tony's nose ever so small?

posted on Jun, 18 2024 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Haha same

posted on Jun, 18 2024 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The Mandella Effect is a load of a crap. It isn't real. It's nothing more than people mis-remembering things because humans are easily susceptible to suggestion.

There are studies showing how easy it is to convince people a memory is true when in fact it is false.

One of the worst causes for this is social media. It permeates everything and when one idiot says, "Luke, I am your father", all the gullible, weak minded idiots think that's what Darth Vader said. He never did.

posted on Jun, 18 2024 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Didn't Roth star in something about the 'Hillsborough 97" ?
HILLSBOROUGH DISASTER
He was a skinhead in that too

I can't remember how that ended, but he was roughly the same age as your film.

I think it was a special episode of a tv detective series. Can't recall the name.
Anybody?

The detective was Robbie Coltrane, big guy?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join