It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New MIT discovery just solved water’s biggest mystery!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2024 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Explanation: Please point out the exact ' textual detritus' aka 'Bullsh!t' on the wiki's that I linked ok.

And then explain why it is actually bullshyte and please provide by what standards are you using to determine that it is actually bullshyte!

Personal Disclosure: Science is ever evolving and just because you learned it one way doesn't mean that that is valid methodology any longer ok.

Sure, Einstein said "science should be simple' but he also said 'it should also be no simpler' and you seem to be holding onto a very simplistic method that is now outdated, i.e. doesn't consider ALL the facts!

Fact: Phonons represent HEAT in crystaline bodies now as the MAJOR form of heat principal energy carrier, replacing IR photons as the MAJOR form of heat principal energy carrier. IR photons are STILL the MAJOR form of heat principal energy carrier in anything else, specifically a vacuume and gases and non crystaline bodies. I have laid out mostly why water should be considered a crystaline body above, but let me go further and focus in on sea water which contains high levels of salt, which is a crystal, and the salt may be acting as a catalyst in this issue?

Looking forward to your debunking of the wiki information that I directly posted. Have at it ok!

posted on Jun, 15 2024 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze

They learned you need no heat to cause evaporation.

How do you “create” light and enough photons with enough energy to evaporate water without using significant energy to evaporate water in a significant way?

Don’t need heat? So this works on water ice? Or the more heat you add the more efficient the effects from the photons become?

posted on Jun, 15 2024 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: OmegaLogos

Do you think this discovery would contribute to the existing theory of why snow evaporates directly to vapour and skips the liquid stage on a cold but sunny winter’s day? AKA Sublimation.
edit on 15-6-2024 by NorthOS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2024 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Quartz glass is best for leting light pass though.
quartz is a lot stronger than glass.
I give this idea to you free.
well untill some parasite patents it!

Use a quartz glass tube to make a sun light Steam Engine.
and use a bigger mirtrow tube to focuse it.
have the steam cool behind the mirrow
so you can reuse the water.
it could last for 100 years!

Yes I know things simlar to this are out there.
But did the use Quartz glass?

CIA will delete this post!

posted on Jun, 17 2024 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Scratchpost
This sounds like over-engineering.

At ~US$900 per ft2 of quartz glass and ~US$6 per ft2 of regular glass, I'll take the 4% loss of light from the regular glass.

posted on Jun, 18 2024 @ 09:11 AM
link   
This works with water!
what light Frequency would brake water down to O2 and hydrogen?
would it eb more efficient thank electricity?

and what about other chemical separation?
some Chemicals are hard to separat.

what other separation has the sun done?
in the the past the sun was not yellow white.
is the sun responsible for most of the Chemical changes on earthg.

how is water made on earth?
maybe now we can find out?

posted on Jun, 18 2024 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scratchpost
what light Frequency would brake water down to O2 and hydrogen?

None. There is Photoelectrochemical Water Splitting but it uses special electrodes and sulfuric acid but that isn't plain light splitting water.

posted on Jun, 18 2024 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lazy88

They learned you need no heat to cause evaporation.

How do you “create” light and enough photons with enough energy to evaporate water without using significant energy to evaporate water in a significant way?

Don’t need heat? So this works on water ice? Or the more heat you add the more efficient the effects from the photons become?

Your (and many other’s) question is answered in the video.

There are two processes separating the water molecules bonds to each other.

1. The heat through previously know process.
2. Green spectrum light without heat using newly discovered process unknown before now.

It is extremely well illustrated in the video.

Seems almost no one actually watched the video. Please watch very good video explaining new science. It’s wonderful scientist are still experimenting and learning new science.

posted on Jun, 18 2024 @ 07:01 PM
link   

There are two processes separating the water molecules bonds to each other.

1. The heat through previously know process.
2. Green spectrum light without heat using newly discovered process unknown before now.

Honestly, I think both camps are mistaking boiling with evaporation.

Large bodies of water don't boil, the water near a hydrothermal vent might get hot but there is no boiling at the surface.

Like in the example I gave, and even in the video at around 9:00, they explain how once the light frees the clusters, the air around it breaks the clusters up. The air up against the surface might be able to free water molecules without heat or light, which is what I did with a pc fan.

Also, while 4 times the thermal limit is a good thing, it is evaporation. We are not talking about boiling a liter of water a minute, we are talking about a very slow process which would still be slow at four times the speed.
edit on 18-6-2024 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join