It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Leguizamo urges Emmy voters to pick non-White candidates in full-page New York Times ad

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2024 @ 01:27 PM
link   
So this actor, John Leguizamo, (never heard of him) took out a full page ad in the NY Times ... he went full tilt racist against white people ... told everyone voting for the Emmys to make sure not to vote for white people.

According to him, it doesn't matter who has talent and who doesn't, and it doesn't matter how good of a job or poor of a job the actor does ... it just matters to make sure that no white people get picked for the Emmys.

Racist piece of crap. Attitudes like his are why Hollywood, and TV in general, SUCK. Gotta' make sure everything is 'woke' ... quality be damned.

John Leguizamo urges Emmy voters to pick non-White candidates in full-page New York Times ad

Actor John Leguizamo ran a full-page ad in Sunday's edition of The New York Times asking Emmy voters to choose non-White nominees.

"I know everyone is exhausted about inclusion but not us who are not included. So that's why I took this ad out in the NYTimes," Leguizamo wrote on X, alongside two pictures of his advertisement.

The liberal actor said White people are overrepresented in top positions across tech, banking, medicine, streaming and Hollywood.

"America is better when it is inclusive. It is more profitable. It is more creative! Let's not give up. I'm still woke! Are you?" he wrote.

posted on Jun, 10 2024 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

And you're mad because you are a white actor or entertainer, presumably appearing in critically acclaimed productions that vaulted you to a prominent status in Hollywood, but this hurts your chances to take home the gold?

I'm just trying to understand why you're taking it personally. Most rational people don't give a # because they know it's all just propaganda. The Emmy awards may as well be happening on another planet for all the difference it makes to my quality of life.

edit on 10-6-2024 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2024 @ 01:49 PM
link   

In a way, I hope all the members of the voting committee do exactly that!

Furthermore, I hope they pick 100% non-white illegal aliens complete with representatives to claim their award because they are in prison for rape, murder and countless other felonies. I honestly do.

Think about it...what could possibly be better than removing the voice of people like DeNiro and so many other liberal apologists in Hollywood just like him? These award programs are nothing more than a narcissist's orgy of Hollywood insiders celebrating themselves anyway, so why should anyone care who they select? If anything, stealing some of the self-perceived 'thunder' of some of these ego-maniacs would be a good thing.

I'm all for it! Mexicans, Africans, Afghani's, Iranians, celebrate them all, Hollywood. They represent your leanings well...now they get your money and fame too!

posted on Jun, 10 2024 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
And you're mad ...

Nope. You are projecting.

I'm bringing forward this news article for discussion and I'm discussing it, just like every other new article that people post on ATS for discussion.

And I gave my opinion of what he did. He's a racist piece of crap. 'Woke' crap running the entertainment industry. Social engineering. Attitudes like his that are why Hollywood, and TV in general, suck.

posted on Jun, 10 2024 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
These award programs are nothing more than a narcissist's orgy of Hollywood insiders celebrating themselves anyway,

TRUE. No one gives a rats backend about the Emmys or the Oscars or the Grammys or any of the other self congratulatory awards these entertainers give each other.

I posted this article to discuss, like any other article, so that people could give their opinions. And my opinion is that it's attitudes like his, and the 'woke' social engineering like he's calling for, that are why the entertainment industry is pumping out crap that people don't like anymore.

People don't want to be preached at or socially engineered.

Well ... most NORMAL people don't ...

posted on Jun, 10 2024 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
Nice post.
That's what liberals do. They bring everyone down to their level of misery until they realize it effects them too. Then they complain all over again. Vicious circle.

posted on Jun, 10 2024 @ 02:01 PM
link   
If the roles were reversed with a white actor calling for only white nominations it would be front page news and there's be 'mostly peaceful' protesters across the nation looting stores and burning buildings down.

Such is life in America now.

posted on Jun, 10 2024 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I agree.

I won’t be voting for Trump or Biden for prez.

posted on Jun, 10 2024 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

They continue to show how moronic they are.

Look at the fundraising for Trump after the conviction.

I only go to movies friends or I had a part in making. Hollywood pushed me away years ago with crappy remakes and in your face virtue signaling and preaching.

As inflation keeps rising, us regular folk have less disposable income to throw away. Many are forgoing spending money, much less going to the movies to be preached at.

If that is what theyend up doing, it will just hasten the slow and agonizing death of Hollywood.

Let's go Morons!

posted on Jun, 10 2024 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I think Dr. King said something about this in one of his speeches..
How did that go?

I have a dream that my kids will be rewarded for the color of their skin and not judged by the content of their character….

That’s how it went right? 🤔

posted on Jun, 10 2024 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Nailed it 😂🤣

a reply to: Bluntone22

posted on Jun, 10 2024 @ 04:15 PM
link   

You've never heard of John Leguizamo? I don't believe that for a minute.

www.imdb.com...

This guy has been acting steadily since 84. 157 acting credits. And more on the way.

Here he is in John Wick.

As for the Emmy's. Screw those guys. They need to be called out.

posted on Jun, 10 2024 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Oh good. Another one of those "white people are the real victims of racism" grievance postings.

The day wouldn't be complete without one.

Or two.

Or three........

posted on Jun, 10 2024 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Boomer1947

Oh good. Another one of those "white people are the real victims of racism" grievance postings.

How do you figure, I am celebrating Mr. Leguizamo's suggestion. I think it's the best thing out of Hollywood since, well, the Emmy Awards!

"Viva Los No Blancos!!! VIVA LOS NO BLANCOS!!!"...repeat after me...VIVA LOS NO BLANCOS!!!!

Los Emmy son para gente ESTUPIDA!!

¡Viva la gente estúpida!

posted on Jun, 10 2024 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I think they've gone too far in promoting racism...

posted on Jun, 11 2024 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
You've never heard of John Leguizamo? I don't believe that for a minute.

Nope. Never heard of him.

Here he is in John Wick.

John Wick movies aren't my thing.
I don't do movies with big body counts.

If he has done that much acting, then chances are I have probably seen him in something. He was probably unremarkable. I do not recognize the name at all.

posted on Jun, 11 2024 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947

Anti-white racism happens, as is shown in the opening post.
Why do you want to sweep this fact under the rug?
Shouldn't we be talking about ALL racism ... including anti-white racism?
I would think so.

posted on Jun, 11 2024 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Ya, Mr. Leguizamo who has a net worth of 25 million and been nominated for 4 emmys, won once, one golden globe nomination, one screen actors guild award nomination and 4 Tony nomination and got a special Tony award on top of that.

Yes Mr. Leguizamo tell me more about how you and people like you who happen to be multimillionaires nominated for several awards over many many years in Hollywood are excluded. I'm waiting.

Not gonna make me stop watching Carlito's way but come. The. F. On. Dude.

posted on Jun, 12 2024 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shoshanna

Ya, Mr. Leguizamo who has a net worth of 25 million and been nominated for 4 emmys, won once, one golden globe nomination, one screen actors guild award nomination and 4 Tony nomination and got a special Tony award on top of that.

Yes Mr. Leguizamo tell me more about how you and people like you who happen to be multimillionaires nominated for several awards over many many years in Hollywood are excluded. I'm waiting.

Not gonna make me stop watching Carlito's way but come. The. F. On. Dude.

Mr Leguizamo clearly addressed his letter to "Hollywood" and signed off as "your peer". I don't know about you, but I am not hollywood and Mr Leguizamo is not my peer. My conclusion therefore is he is not trying to tell you, or I, anything. He is appealing to those on, or above, his level of success in the industry. Mr Leguizamo does not feel excluded, he wouldn't refer to himself as a peer if he did. He is, seemingly, using his privilege to speak to the similarly privileged.

Those that he is presuming, or otherwise, to speak for probably don't have the $150,000 plus in pocket change to take out a full-page ad in the New York Times.

posted on Jun, 12 2024 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
If he has done that much acting, then chances are I have probably seen him in something. He was probably unremarkable. I do not recognize the name at all.

He was Victor Clemente in ER?

But, if you have kids or grand-kids of the right age, you'd know him best as Sid the Sloth.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join