It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

carbon emissions from First lady's flight

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 07:41 AM
link   
flightfree.org...

A plane leaving from Washington DC and going to France, round trip.

Distance (each way): 3,812 miles or 6,135 km
Round-trip emissions per passenger: 2.2 metric tons CO2 equivalent
Avoiding this trip is as climate friendly as being vegetarian for: 4.1 years
Avoiding this trip is as climate friendly as carpooling for: 2.2 years
This many people in the world emit fewer greenhouse gases in one year: 1.5 billion
You could travel this far in an electric train like Eurostar: 9.2 times around the world
These emissions melt this much Arctic sea ice: 71.5 square feet or 6.6 square meters

Jill Biden flew back to DC, and then back to France. She did it to support Hunter during his trial. That's nice. But is the climate thing still an issue? I was under the impression that we needed to do things like scrap using gas stoves, and avoid using ICE vehicles to save the planet. If that's really true, then how on God's Green Earth, is this not an issue? Or is the whole climate change thing just really a big grift? it sure looks that way. And nobody in the MSM seems to have an issue with this. As if this is totally good, but we little folks don't need to be using things that cause carbon emissions.

I don't subscribe to the Al Gore version of all this. I think the Earth has cycles, and they would exist with, or without us and what we do. I also believe that we pollute a lot and that should be fixed whenever, and wherever possible. But the two are not linked. But for those who buy into the climate agenda with all they have, what do they have to say about this? Is it OK like John Kerry being so important that he can fly private to accept an award for saving the planet? Find some consistency, or admit it's a farce.

thehill.com...

The first lady was in France on Thursday for the 80th anniversary of the D-Day landings, joining President Biden for his speech at the official ceremony and to meet with veterans.
She is expected to be back in France on Saturday to join Biden for an official state visit with President Emmanuel Macron and first lady Brigitte Macron.

Between trips across the Atlantic, she was in Wilmington for the start of day 5 of the trial. President Biden has not attended the trial and is not expected to.

edit on 8-6-2024 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I have come across one geoengineering act from around the 1980's that put all the weather manipulation under a national security blanket. Been a lot of cloud cover this year, one or two days over 35 degrees C during the summer compared to the two weeks over 35 degrees C as a kid. Also been a very dry year, not much rain here.

I don't know all the details of what exactly is being done. A lack of candor on the topic does not bode well. To just attack CO2 is an assault on all carbon based life.

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I believe that anyone with half a brain already knows that all of the carbon emissions garbage is about control and not the climate. There are so many holes in the green movement you wound need to try hard to miss them.

Rules for thee, not for me…let the peons suffer.

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 08:23 AM
link   
It's time for the elites to shut up or put up. Everyone must come together on all the aspects of protecting this planet. There are so many more violations that are worse than this though.

But yeah, the important people don't get exemptions. And for the record, Hunter can't stand Jill which was discussed earlier in another thread. There was no need for her to make this extravagant trip.

In 2016, it had been posted over a thousand private jets would take off for the super bowl.
ftnnews.com...

Every year it's the same thing. And it isn't just this annual event that is cause for concern. There seem to be no rewards or motivation to encourage many of the upper crust to do their share, while the pheasants are drinking from paper straws and and forced to make expensive and ridiculous changes to their quality of life.

Basically, they're a bunch of rich hypocrites.

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Exactly..
Every year the elites, our moral and intellectual superiors, fly private jets and ride in limousines to the climate summit instead of leading by example and using skye or zoom…🤷‍♂️

Tesla even gets to sell billions of dollars in carbon credits..
Bought by other automakers…😂

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 08:46 AM
link   
There needs to be a Congressional investigation ! 😀

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I don't think you get it...

Her carbon emissions pale in comparison to the threat to democracy and the assault on the 2nd ammendment that is this faux trial against Hunter.

I can't believe you would complain about her emissions, when the very balance of humanity hangs on this trial!

/sarc?

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

sorry, I forgot about saving democracy in the context of AGW. My bad.

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I believe that anyone with half a brain already knows that all of the carbon emissions garbage is about control and not the climate. There are so many holes in the green movement you wound need to try hard to miss them.

You don’t live in Hotel Commiefornia do you

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 11:19 AM
link   
She flew back after the trial. X2

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Start measuring the Carbon for The State Dinner in Paris!!!
🤣

French President Emmanuel Macron and Brigitte Macron welcome U.S. President Joe Biden and First Lady Jill Biden at the Elysee Palace for a state dinner.

SCHEDULE:
11:45 a.m. ET - Arrival of guests
1:00 p.m. ET - Emmanuel and Brigitte Macron welcome Joe and Jill Biden
1:30 p.m. - Toasts by Macron and Biden
1:40 p.m. - State dinner (no media access)

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Hypocrisy on the left???? (GASP!!) NEVER!!

Say it isn't so, SLO-JO; please say it isn't so!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 02:47 PM
link   
That’s crazy talk and you know it.

Want an insect recipe?

a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Is this OP more about pollution or hypocrisy?

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 03:25 PM
link   
It's classic do as I say, not as I do.

I'm tired of the hypocrisy, the stupidity, and the unwillingness to see.

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 03:29 PM
link   

It must be important enough to task the risk.

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 03:34 PM
link   

It's 'Do what I say... not what I do' with the Elites!

They give all this BS out to us... the billions of people, whilst they carry on as before..
edit on 8-6-2024 by xWorldxGonexMadx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndTime

Is this OP more about pollution or hypocrisy?

the facts are here, what do you think? one or the other, or both?

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 04:46 PM
link   

For reference, a modern passenger jet (B777, A350) gets around 65 miles per gallon per passenger seat and averages about 80% full on a typical long-haul flight. So that's about 53 miles per gallon per passenger.

The real-world fleet average for cars and light trucks in the US is about 25 miles per gallon, with an average occupancy of about 1.5 passengers. So that's about 37.5 miles per gallon per passenger.

Flying is more fuel efficient when you're going long distances.

However, most people can't afford to travel long distances very often for any reason, due to cost.

Make of that what you will.

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Boomer1947

ONG...do you REALLY think the "royals", travel on commercial airliners of which you speak? Seriously???????

You must be a sadly mistaken old man!!

Edit...remove the most of your equation down to 2-3 people, and the rest are along as "baggage", "spin" and "propaganda".

Now, do those calculations again...2-3 people, versus, HOW MUCH carbon foot print????

You are SORELY mistaken, sir. (I don't capitalize "Sir", because, well, you should know why....as a citizen of the order of the King.

edit on 6/8/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join