It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Nuclear Submarine Visits Cuba

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2024 @ 11:24 AM
link   
X

The Cuban Ministry of Defense announced earlier today that 3 Russian Naval Vessels, possibly including the Yasen-Class Nuclear-Powered Cruise Missile Submarine, Kazan (K-561), will arrive in the Port of Havana next week for an Official Visit as well as to Kick-Off Exercises in the Caribbean. The other Russian Ships that are expected to Participate in the Visit are the Admiral Gorshkov, a Project 22350 Frigate alongside the Replenishment Oiler, Academic Pashin and the Deep-Sea Tugboat, Nikolay Chiker. The Cuban MoD has further stated that None of the Russian Vessels will be carrying Nuclear Weapons during their Visit or during the Exercises.

Reading this, triggered my spidey senses and I immediately suspected something fishy about this report. Why would any government send out a nuclear-capable naval force halfway around the world unarmed? That probability is not logical and makes no sense to me.

I understand it is another attempt to warn the US to back off in Ukraine by threatening nuclear armageddon being on our doorstep, but would they honestly send unarmed nuclear-capable forces to this hemisphere knowing that further escalations could develop at any moment? Knowing the west's belligerence toward them and their (the US) being just crazy enough to commit to an unannounced first strike at any moment?

I don't see Putin's logic in sending unarmed ships here and think his announcement of their present unarmed capabilities is in fact just an attempt to not provoke insanity, but to let it be known again they will defend their sovereignty at all costs against hostile US NATO aggression, again for about the 10th time.

Tick Tock, Tick Tock, the Doomsday Clock strikes 90 seconds to midnight.

posted on Jun, 7 2024 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: charlest2

Russia is also holding War drill's in the Caribbean .------- Never mind I should completely read the post before commenting lol

edit on 7-6-2024 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2024 @ 11:33 AM
link   

It is such a relief to know that after getting Trump out of office, the world, including our enemies, have so much more respect and fear of us.

posted on Jun, 7 2024 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

Would, or does the United States practice wargames with unarmed vessels? I doubt it!

I highly doubt it!
edit on 7-6-2024 by charlest2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2024 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlest2

Would, or does the United States practice wargames with unarmed vessels? I doubt it!

What happens if said sub with nuke's gets to close to US waters "Which I'm sure they will try and test"

Didn't the Ukrainian war start out with "War games" on their border ?

posted on Jun, 7 2024 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Outside 12 nautical miles is international waters, dude. They can see the city lights of New York City and still be in international waters.

My keyboard is FUBAR!

posted on Jun, 7 2024 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Seems like a tit for tat response to the NATO exercises going in the Baltic Sea.

Hopefully it doesn't escalate, but Biden's allowing Ukraine's use of long range missiles within Russia's borders sounds like there will be some kind of additional response.

posted on Jun, 7 2024 @ 12:15 PM
link   

The submarines won't carry nukes during the exercise but they might be testing their supersonic Yakhont cruise missiles. Those probably can only fly faster than Mach 3 for about 300 KM, so Washington DC will stay safe.

posted on Jun, 7 2024 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skinnerbot

The submarines won't carry nukes during the exercise but they might be testing their supersonic Yakhont cruise missiles. Those probably can only fly faster than Mach 3 for about 300 KM, so Washington DC will stay safe.

Putin reminds me of the Aliens from the movie Mars Attacks - everything he says expect the opposite .

posted on Jun, 7 2024 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Putin is totally doing this as a political stunt to evoke memories of the missle crisis.

The Cuban MoD has further stated that None of the Russian Vessels will be carrying Nuclear Weapons during their Visit or during the Exercises.

I hope that is the truth-but I wouldn't be operating on that assumption if I was in charge of US missile defence.

posted on Jun, 7 2024 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: onestonemonkey

Impotent sabre rattling, again.

posted on Jun, 7 2024 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Boy, when Biden gets back from crapping his pants in France is he gonna be mad!

I can almost hear the "DON'T"s already!

posted on Jun, 7 2024 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CarlLaFong

At least he stayed for the ceremony. Unlike our PM.

Who is probably also crapping his pants right now.

In fact, he was just on TV. Wearing brown trousers.

Massive backlash over here cos he left early, to record a Party Political piece, to be broadcast next Wednesday.

posted on Jun, 7 2024 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Aw, the Cuban missile crisis- where the war mongers in DC wanted to strike first and blame it in Fidel. I hope tehy're not thinking of trying the same or similar strategy, but it would certainly fit this administratioons MO.

posted on Jun, 7 2024 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

The Cuban missile crisis was sabre rattling and hostile Russian aggression. But I see that that was all the US fault too.

Since when has a first strike been this administration's MO?

posted on Jun, 7 2024 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
Aw, the Cuban missile crisis- where the war mongers in DC wanted to strike first and blame it in Fidel. I hope tehy're not thinking of trying the same or similar strategy, but it would certainly fit this administratioons MO.

Joe would love an 'October Surprise' war with Russia.

posted on Jun, 7 2024 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy

It is such a relief to know that after getting Trump out of office, the world, including our enemies, have so much more respect and fear of us.

They do. If Russia didn't respect and fear our response, their naval vessels would have nuclear weapons on board.

posted on Jun, 7 2024 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Cuba is 95 miles from Florida. (Key West)

posted on Jun, 7 2024 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947

originally posted by: theatreboy

They do. If Russia didn't respect and fear our response, their naval vessels would have nuclear weapons on board.

We only have their word that their vessels are not carrying nukes.
Do you believe everything Russia tells you?

posted on Jun, 7 2024 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: CarlLaFong

What, like those nice trustworthy Messrs Putin, Medvedev and Lavrov?

Never known to tell porkies, so I'm told.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join