It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will become of The Epoch Times after money laundering scandal?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2024 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Falun Gong is a heavy duty anti-CCP anti-Communist org. It's no wonder they may have been infiltrated and set up.

The CCP operating in America (along with MSS China Ministry of State Security) has thousands of active agents working. 💥

Hmmm.

Didn’t O’Keefe suffer a similar fate?

(post by Astyanax removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jun, 6 2024 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: SteamyAmerican

O'keefe was forced out from the nonprofit for financial malfeasance using the donated money on luxury vacations, charter fights, etc. They could have lost their tax exempt status if he continued to benefit himself excessively.

posted on Jun, 6 2024 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogani

originally posted by: SteamyAmerican
What stories have been published by ET that are false?

I don't read them very much at all. I couldn't give you a list. However, there are those that do this sort of stuff.

I'd start with something like this, they have a few examples:

Link

Well, I don't always link to a bias checker with insane bias, but when I do, the post looks like this.

This website is notoriously famous for saying that the hunter biden laptop was fake well past the mainstream media getting it wrong.

I don't know anyone that actually reads this rag, so zero impact to me.
edit on 6-6-2024 by BigDuckEnergy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2024 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogani
I remember the Falun Gong. One of them hijacked one of my Revelation threads back in 2010, because i made the mistake of telling him to go away. I was newish in those days.

edit on 6-6-2024 by DISRAELI2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2024 @ 04:05 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 7 2024 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Mahogani

The establishment cooked up this story to ruin the Epoch Times b/c of the anti-establishment stories they run.

posted on Jun, 7 2024 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Outlets like the Epoch times are getting politically motivated investigations along with the attack on Trump. I don't know the details about any accounting. With how hard they twisted things to 'get Trump', it does raise questions about how fair a trial is it?

One accountant is allergy involved with some transactions. I don't see this bringing down the Epoch times.

posted on Jun, 7 2024 @ 06:15 AM
link   
It only took 22 posts to start claiming it's a direct attack because they are a RW news site, as I stated. Am I psychic? Nah, ATS is nothing if not predictable.

I think it's more that greed always exists and rich people think they are above any consequences coming their way. I, for one have no problem with wealthy people who steal or especially those that scam everyday people out of money being held accountable.

posted on Jun, 7 2024 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
It only took 22 posts to start claiming it's a direct attack because they are a RW news site, as I stated. Am I psychic? Nah, ATS is nothing if not predictable.

I think it's more that greed always exists and rich people think they are above any consequences coming their way. I, for one have no problem with wealthy people who steal or especially those that scam everyday people out of money being held accountable.

Scam? Who got scammed? Regular people? They donated or subscribed to receive non-mainstream news which they got for their money. Of course it supports the activities of the founders, every organization does.

This, and many other threads are so predictable on ATS. Provide a far left wing take on a right wing situation, and engage the discussion. While quoting discredited and false left wing fact checkers - it’s pathetic.

I suppose this is what drives traffic here, otherwise there’d be little discussion on these forums. And most threads are basically trolling sessions.

If you want to talk about scams, there are plenty, real scams, involving billions of diverted / stolen resources from the American taxpayer - not some chump change of a newspaper financier of a religious organization.

posted on Jun, 7 2024 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Interesting. I wonder if this is going to effect their other propaganda arm, Shen Yun?

www.businessinsider.com...

I'm pretty sure everyone has seen these posters around everywhere. Ive heard they are really cool performances but also a load of propaganda.

posted on Jun, 7 2024 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ghandalf

He did not scam, he stole. I said "have no problem with wealthy people who steal or especially those that scam" facing the consequences.

I apologize that I did not clarify when talking about scamming from ordinary people, it was not him. He stole from the company, and did not solicit from followers, etc in a scam such as Gou Weingui did.

Edited: I had to reread. He did scam others:

Guan is accused of participating in a “sprawling transnational scheme" with others to launder at least $67 million to the New York-based media company's bank accounts and related entities. Federal prosecutors said members of the company's “Make Money Online” team, which was managed by Guan, used cryptocurrency to “knowingly purchase tens of millions of dollars in crime proceeds,” including funds from fraudulently obtained unemployment benefits that were loaded onto prepaid debit cards, according to federal prosecutors.

Stolen personal information was then used to open accounts as part of the alleged laundering scheme, prosecutors said. The money was further laundered through other bank accounts held by Epoch and Guan's personal bank and cryptocurrency accounts.

Link

Yikes to anyone who thinks that he shouldn't be charged.
edit on 7-6-2024 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2024 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwaka
Outlets like the Epoch times are getting politically motivated investigations along with the attack on Trump. I don't know the details about any accounting. With how hard they twisted things to 'get Trump', it does raise questions about how fair a trial is it?

One accountant is allergy involved with some transactions. I don't see this bringing down the Epoch times.

well if they get indicted in NYCity, well ... 😬

posted on Jun, 7 2024 @ 04:02 PM
link   

But they are not a right wing website, they are a website that will say anything in order to raise more money for Falun Gong.

It just seems they think talking about right wing topics will get them more donations.

They know what they're doing, they've been doing it for a while now.

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 01:38 PM
link   

And it took less than 22 posts for someone to post a fact checker that is so unreliable that even newsguard questions it. This website is nothing if not consistant and people find safety in consistency.
edit on 8-6-2024 by BigDuckEnergy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2024 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Bump.

Bump?

Not like a Hunter bump though ......

top topics

<< 1   >>

join