It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buddhism saves. Compatible with Christianity. Short read.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Solvedit

If I am to understand the context and meaning of your post, you are describing lost souls and that could be from many different variables (mental illness, trauma, necessity to live life as a sinner, isolation, etc.).

How would prayer and meditation help them without first feeding their physical and mental needs, then would not there be a release where their soul/spirit may then be reached?

Edit: So to address your thread's title: Buddhism saves. Christianity compatible. If done in the right way for each individual's needs, then I would say yes all religions can be a stepping stone to save, in that, I mean being saved through being helped to help yourself.
edit on q00000042731America/Chicago4343America/Chicago7 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

My point was the meditations can help you if your old church has decided not to help you because you're not Communist enough or something.

edit on 12-8-2024 by Solvedit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Solvedit

My point was the meditations can help you if your old church has decided not to help you because you're not Communist enough or something.

So, is your stance is that the Christian church is not compatible with meditative practices, specifically Buddhism?

My point was that neither, in of themselves, is enough to help all people with all things.
edit on q00000027831America/Chicago0000America/Chicago8 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

edit on q00000027831America/Chicago3131America/Chicago8 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2024 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: Solvedit

So, is your stance is that the Christian church is not compatible with meditative practices, specifically Buddhism?

No. I clearly said so in the thread title.

I think God wanted us to keep our souls in good shape with moral living. The point of Christian salvation may be when it's not enough.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join