It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCOTUS should NOT Make Former Presidents Immune to Prosecution for Crimes Committed in Office.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

I am of the Opinion that if Mr. Trump Ever Became a " Dictator " he would be for the Sake of the Country he Loves a Benevolent One . And he Will Only have 4 Years to Prove that If he is Reelected as a Lame Duck President then going back to Public Life a Happy Man with a Legacy of knowing he Served his Country WELL........*)

edit on 1-7-2024 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Biden openly weaponizes the DOJ and the rest of the government against Trump
SCOTUS calls out the bs
The libs and media call Trump the dictator 🤡

CRAZY isn't it?!

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: JinMI

This doesn't cover congress or impeachment.

It covers "absolute immunity" for official acts, even if those acts break a law. This opinion concludes that Nixon would not have had to turn over those tapes, that had evidence of malfeasance for Congress to use to impeach, today.

The Jan 6th Committee wouldn't have been able to subpoena White House officials or the Zelinsky phone call, used in Trump's impeachment trials.

You don't have to prove that you didn't read the opinion.

I'm already convinced Sookie.

All your talking points have been addressed in it.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Biden openly weaponizes the DOJ and the rest of the government against Trump
SCOTUS calls out the bs

They did not, so put your clown away. They legalized it.

LoL
When Chutkan finally holds that evidentiary hearing, you’ll know it was only because of SCOTUS.
And I’ll remind you. 🤗

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 07:23 PM
link   

That's not what I mean. SCOTUS opined that it was perfectly legal for the president to collude with the DOJ to go after political opponents. That's the exact thing that you guys have been crying about Biden doing, weaponizing the DOJ. Well, SCOTUS just confirmed that's absolutely immune conduct.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 07:51 PM
link   

That's not what I mean. SCOTUS opined that it was perfectly legal for the president to collude with the DOJ to go after political opponents. That's the exact thing that you guys have been crying about Biden doing, weaponizing the DOJ. Well, SCOTUS just confirmed that's absolutely immune conduct.

What law stopped Biden from doing that before? 😀

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Geez , You Guyz Never Learn..............

Sorry .....
edit on 1-7-2024 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Clearly Biden’s actions in persecuting his political enemies has always been immune from legal action; he has been doing it for a few years now with no legal ramification. So what is new today?

These partys should have left their "political" squabbling in the political arena ... it's the only place were their actions can be correctly judged.

edit on 1-7-2024 by Dandandat3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Dandandat3

I don't know. The House of Representaives sure was hot on proving Biden weaponized the DOJ.

In January, one of the first acts of the new Republican House majority was to establish a special subcommittee devoted to rooting out the ways the FBI and other federal bodies have supposedly been used as tools of political persecution.

“We have a duty to get into these agencies and look at how they have been weaponized to go against the very people they’re supposed to represent,” said Representative Jim Jordan, the Trump ally who chairs the body. Even less Trumpy members, like the establishment GOP stalwart Tom Cole, agreed: “It is undeniable that in recent years, the executive branch of the federal government has abused its authority and violated the civil liberties of American citizens often for political purposes.”

And House GOP Conference Chair Elise Stefanik, D-N.Y., who heads the messaging operation, said in a statement that Trump’s indictment “is the epitome of the illegal and unprecedented weaponization of the federal government against Joe Biden’s leading opponent, Donald J. Trump.”

www.nbcnews.com...

Now what are they gonna do? It's an "official act", perfectly within POTUS' perview.
edit on 5420242024k28America/Chicago2024-07-01T20:28:54-05:0008pm2024-07-01T20:28:54-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

You aren't going to win any persuasion points with me by pointing out the political maneuverings of the Republican party; I dislike them almost as much as I dislike the Democrat party.

But I will say this for them; at least they have been keeping their persecution of their political enemies in the arena of politics were it belongs.
edit on 1-7-2024 by Dandandat3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Monday, July 1, 2024

Today, President Joe Biden was so angry at the Supreme Court for giving former President Trump IMMUNITY FROM PROSECUTION for his actions on 1/6/2021, because they were OFFICIAL BUSINESS, Biden was ORANGE with outrage!

He spoke for 4 minutes at 7:45pm, and went right to bed...or back to bed.

posted on Jul, 2 2024 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Biden making an official statement to attack the Supreme Court.
Seems odd given that a few weeks ago he made an official statement after the Trump NYC sham, saying that we need to respect court decisions or it undermines democracy.

I am also seeing, predictably, the left saying the supreme court needs to be expanded.
Straightforward way to deal with that is to ask whether they still want it expanded if Trump wins the Presidency... if they answer no, then they just admitted the ONLY reason they want it expanded is to make it partisan in their favour.

edit on 2/7/2024 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2024 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Biden making an official statement to attack the Supreme Court.
Seems odd given that a few weeks ago he made an official statement after the Trump NYC sham, saying that we need to respect court decisions or it undermines democracy.

a reply to: UKTruth
Such a comical figure Biden is, cue the Benny Hill Show music. Add how Biden and the left constantly mocked Trump for demanding loyalty, now we are seeing Biden demanding loyalty and so many dems coming out and bending the knee.
This is what the Biden presidency looks like.

posted on Jul, 2 2024 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

this one should age very well. The American people weren't allowed to see how far gone Biden was for 3 years. But now we all know, even those on the left.

But it's sad that they don't realize that when they cheapened the remedy as they did, (two impeachments) they made it harder to use it when it really is necessary. As usual, they have no vision.

eta:

Where does the idea that the president is immune from criminal prosecution come from?
The Supreme Court has never held that a president is immune from criminal prosecution. It’s the Department of Justice that says that. And because the Department of Justice controls all the federal prosecutors, it means that no federal prosecutor, including the new special counsel [investigating Biden’s offsite storage of classified documents], can prosecute a sitting president. The Office of Legal Counsel in the Department of Justice thinks there’s such a rule in the Constitution because it believes a criminal indictment and prosecution — and of course, punishment — would effectively incapacitate the presidency. And they further believe it’s unconstitutional to incapacitate the sitting president, and that the only means by which you can [legally] incapacitate the president are impeachment, which removes the president from office, or the 25th Amendment, which sidelines an incapacitated president. The OLC does not believe that a state prosecutor or even a federal prosecutor should be able to prosecute the president and eventually put him or her in jail, because they don’t think the Constitution would allow a local or federal prosecutor to incapacitate the chief executive.

www.law.virginia.edu...

Watching them DERP this hard is side splitting funny.
edit on 2-7-2024 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join