It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Francisco Program To Give Free Booze to the Homeless

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 10:24 PM
link   
there are homeless that should be given help.... and there are ones that should be disposed of
edit on 13-5-2024 by HatesFreshAir because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Of all the crazy, wasteful and insane programs out there in places like Kalifornia (and elsewhere), this is actually a program I can somewhat get behind. Now, here me out here...

First, the biggest cost of liquor today is the taxes; the actual product is cheap. So, without too much difficulty, those taxes could easily be removed given this is a government program.

I don't for a minute believe there wasn't a huge amount of graft and skimming in the numbers quoted by the OP. However, that aside, if this initiative stopped all the liquor store looting (which is the first thing to get looted during about every uprising), then the cost of the program could easily pay for itself in short order.

Giving the addicts drugs is an insane idea, but liquoring them up is a great idea. Why? Well, they move slower for one thing, and they're way less coordinated. Sure, there's going to be some fights, but there are already, so why not make the perps easier to catch?

I could go on, but I actually can see quite a few up-sides to an initiative like this. And, I'm a guy who is hard set against many public assistance programs without absolute accountability, but this one, strange as it may seem at face value, might actually make some sense.

posted on May, 14 2024 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
I just found this lecture mode thing on chrome. Wondered what it was, clicked it and a little side window opens and the text of the article, even behind the paywall shows up. So this is what I found interesting.

Seems the person has to be diagnosed and join the program, they get an id card so they can the booze. then:

Program officials said that nurses assess patients and typically dispense the equivalent of one to two drinks three to four times per day — doling out either 1.7 ounces of vodka or liquor, 5 ounces of wine, or 12 ounces of beer

So we are talking a max of 8 units a day. If anyone doesn't know what a unit is, it is what is considered 1 drink based on ABV. So basically the people in the program get enough so that they don't go into withdrawal, also called delirium tremens. It can be fatal and since first responders and public hospitals are not going to stop offering their services, it is cheaper to just give them enough to keep them out of the ambulances and the ER.

Does it really help them, probably not, but maybe they don't want and won't accept that type of help, like GENERAL EYES mentioned earlier, what can the government do? This seems like a good thing given that situation. Cut the cost to just 4 to 8 drinks a day.

edit on 14-5-2024 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2024 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: AwakeNotWoke
Well, the article in the OP said what they offered was vodka.

2nd

That's ... uh ... racism. It's racists against the scots.

Plus vodka is Russian, and we all know that the Russians are the bad guys now, so anything Russian must be rejected.

Single Malt Scotch Whisky it is, dammit!

posted on May, 18 2024 @ 10:39 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2024 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

Not Only that , she is also Obcessed with China..........

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join