It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll - Catholic Support Swings to Trump By Significant Margin

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I usually don't pay attention to polls. They can be made to say anything you want. And I'm not so sure that Trump and Biden will be the people running on their party tickets in November. Both have challenges to overcome to get there. However, I found this poll interesting, mainly because of the HISPANIC angle to it. Most Hispanics are Catholic, and many of the Hispanic Catholics are swinging towards Trump instead of 'Catholic' Biden. It's basically tied. Democrats have always taken the Hispanic vote for granted.

This article also talks about the polling saying people of Protestant beliefs back Trump, whereas the ones without religious beliefs back Biden.

Poll - Catholic Support Swings to Trump By Significant Margin

Catholics in the United States have swung dramatically against President Biden in recent years, now boasting a significant statistical break towards his GOP challenger. The poll found that 55% of Catholics support or lean towards supporting former President Donald Trump in a head-to-head against Biden. Conversely, only 45% of Catholics support Biden in the same one-on-one pairing. Biden currently leads among Hispanic Catholics with a narrow 49%-47% split, but the close contest marks a major shift rightward for the demographic.

Approximately 60% of protestants expressed support for Trump, according to the April survey. Conversely, about 38% said they leaned toward Biden.

Atheists, agnostics, and the religiously unaffiliated broke in favor of Biden by a large margin β€” approximately 69% said they would back the Democratic incumbent while only 28% voiced support for Trump.

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I have never understood how anyone that claims to be Catholic could vote for a pro choice candidate.

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Biden isn't the only fake religious person

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Boogerpicker

That's the truthπŸ˜‚

Hypocrisy is thy name..

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
"Atheists, agnostics, and the religiously unaffiliated broke in favor of Biden by a large margin β€” approximately 69%"

Biden has the Satanic vote locked in. Go figure.

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 09:52 AM
link   

If you look at the entire study, Trump and Biden are equal among all those that participated in the survey.

www.pewresearch.org...

Not surprised that the republican candidate gets a good portion of the protestant and catholic preference. Nothing new really.

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: EndTime

If you look at the entire study, Trump and Biden are equal among all those that participated in the survey.

www.pewresearch.org...

Not surprised that the republican candidate gets a good portion of the protestant and catholic preference. Nothing new really.

Yes but the equality is a shift right from the same types of polls in 2020.

Biden is loosing support and Trump is picking up support.

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Catholic Democrats keep indulging in debauchery, or being arresting for treasonous activities, or demanding more freedom to kill our children in the womb.

Biden, Bowman, Menendez, Pelosi and now, CUELLAR: www.nbcnews.com...

HOW can a (true) Christian support the DEMOCRAT party? (This might be a good thread!)

edit on 352024 by WeMustCare because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Biden is Catholic. He professes to be 'very Catholic'.
He goes against the Church teachings ... but he claims to be 'very Catholic'.
For some, this means something.
He has lost support among Catholics.
Dems usually get more support from them.

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Biden is Catholic. He professes to be 'very Catholic'.
He goes against the Church teachings ... but he claims to be 'very Catholic'.
For some, this means something.
He has lost support among Catholics.
Dems usually get more support from them.

true story, no joke. He's a great Catholic. That killing babies thing is more for votes, so it's all good.

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I have never understood how anyone that claims to be Catholic could vote for a pro choice candidate.

I'm Catholic and I'm pro-choice.

But then again, I am a failed Catholic.

Catholic school for 9 years and altar boy for 4 years.

God Bless me.

πŸ˜‡

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SchrodingersRat
I'm Catholic and I'm pro-choice.

Someday, we gotta' talk about that.

But then again, I am a failed Catholic.

Actually, the proper term is 'lapsed Catholic'.
And once a Catholic, always a Catholic .. according to the Church.
You can't undo Catholic baptism. It's there FOREVER.

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Someday, we gotta' talk about that.

I know.

I struggle with it every day.

And it hurts sometimes...

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Catholic Bishop says Joe Biden is a "Stupid" Catholic who doesn't understand the faith.

Source: www.ncronline.org...

This Bishop is being kind.

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 12:27 PM
link   
All humans "sin". A Smart/Wise Christian chooses the candidate who sins are the least egregious, in their mind.

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

Catholic Bishop says Joe Biden is a "Stupid" Catholic who doesn't understand the faith.

Source: www.ncronline.org...

Yeah I saw that. Then a few days later he apologized for using the word stupid and explained it with other words meaning the same thing. I thought the word 'stupid' said it pretty well. Although, that implies that BIden doesn't know what he is doing is wrong. He's more like WILLFULLY WRONG .. not 'stupid'. Calling him 'stupid' was kind.

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 01:33 PM
link   

You can't undo Catholic baptism. It's there FOREVER.

That's correct and the Eucharist is actually real flesh, not symbolic!

www.catholic.com...

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: lilzazz
That's correct and the Eucharist is actually real flesh, not symbolic!

I've been to the Eucharistic miracle in Los Teques Venezuela near Betania ... went to Betania too. I touched my rosary to the glass case that houses the Eucharistic miracle. I looked very closely at it. Prayed a rosary in the church there right next to where it is encased and on display for pilgrims.

Eucharistic Miracle - Los Teques Venezuela

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I call it the same as I did back in the 60s. Pro-abortion. Catholics are well aware that it is nothing more then murder and the sacrifice of unborn American children. Blacks should wake up too. They are getting hit hard by abortion, fatherless families and poverty due to DNC policy. Democrats are no friend to African Americans nor Hispanics

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The Catholic Vote coming from the Hispanic Community is probably because they're sick of dealing with entitled assholes giving them # while they're tending their precious lawns, building their stupid McMansions and acting like they're morally superior because they have the ability to wave their money around as if that somehow makes them Superior to everyone else.

I've been noticing a lot of trends online, and a large percentage of the working class is just sick and frickin' tired of the bull# they put up with cleaning up after these self righteous and spoiled pricks.

The rumors of a Civil War keep spreading, hardworking Americans touching base and comparing notes (I haven't seen anyone talking about armed revolution or violence by the way, so it's chill) and most the the solutions for getting back at those who are exploiting the Traditional Values and Sacrifices of the Blue Collar working class are absolutely hilarious with some of the things they're coming up with to protest the pointless spending overseas and the ridiculous pandering to spoiled brats with college degrees not worth the piece of paper they're printed on.

Not gonna lie, I'm excited for the future and watching this play out on the big screen.

It's such a nice change seeing Trump Supporters wearing REAL MEN WEAR DIAPERS tshirts and waving banners with the same logo on it, because to me, that's more American than Nazi and Confederate Flags.

I've been watching the liberal sites trying to understand what they hell is goign on with Trump Supporters this time around, and it's baking their little noggin'. It simply does not compute to them because it's so farout of left field and they feel a little threatened that Trump supporters pulled something out of the ether so ridiculous and mind boggling that it puts their protests to shame in comparison.

This gives me hope.

This is the kind of American Ingenuity and Bizzare Tactics and Brainstorming that helped us win WW2.

If you can't dazzle them with brillance, baffle them with bull#.

Also, I'm a Traditional Catholic and I approve of this administration as well.

Now we just need Majorie Taylor Green to make a backroom deal with Israel for some of those Jewish Space Lazers and gain permission from the Vatican to ressurect the Knights Templar and we'll really have a show on our hands.
edit on 5/3/24 by GENERAL EYES because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join