It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Immigration Outlawed in Oklahoma Starting July 1

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Way to answer a question with a question.
Yes, the punishment fits the crime. Criminal trespass deserves jail time. They didn't just get pushed across the border by their friend and got picked up the moment their little toe crossed the line. They knowingly came across the border illegally, and continued to travel further into the country illegally. Dangerous or not, they've broken the law and they should face jail time as well as deportation with prejudice. If they didn't want to be separated from their children or their family, they shouldn't have broken the law.

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I'm not a fan of this administration's disinterest in enforcing the current immigration laws. This could all be solved if the Fed actually did one of its few constitutionally mandated duties. Alas here we are where states have to do something or nothing will get done...and its not any states responsibilty to worry about other states...only their own citizens.

Out of curiosity what would you propose states do in this situation, where the Fed isn't doing their duty? You say you don't like this law...can you offer an alternative that isn't just doing nothing?

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 04:07 PM
link   

When arrested for trespassing do they allow you to stay on the property you were trespassed from?

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 04:15 PM
link   

No they aren't. Illegals (undocumented) don't get EBT cards or HUD. If they have an EBT card and are getting social services, they aren't undocumented.

Nothing a anchor baby wouldn’t cure. I saw two ladies at a job I was doing for Human Services share the same baby to get benefits. One came out changed babies clothes and the other took the baby in to get benefits. How they pulled off the paperwork idk. I talked to one of the workers, she told me it happens often. They also claim they’re unmarried when they are, daddy’s off working under the table and often not paying taxes. They know how to scam the system and they cost this country billions of dollars a year. Is that the type people you want in the country? You’re always against anything that’s good for the country, so… your stance on this is par for course with you.

Illegals take jobs away from citizens and stagnate wages. I know, I worked with them almost daily for 45 years in construction.

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Oh dear!

An invasion.

Run for the hills.

Oh wait, immigration hasn't affected me one bit.

Skip that.

a reply to: DAVID64

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: KrustyKrab

Illegals take jobs away from citizens and stagnate wages. I know, I worked with them almost daily for 45 years in construction.

I'm not arguing that they don't. I have personally worked with a lot of illegals too, when I worked in restaurants in Southern California. Most of them had someone else's ID, some of them have had stolen identities since they were little kids in public school! Their parents made them criminals, that also happen to be ineligible for Dreamer status because of it.

I just don't like this law. I don't think it really solves anything.

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Disgusted123
Oh dear!

An invasion.

Run for the hills.

Skip that.

a reply to: DAVID64

Immigration has affected millions of people. It greatly affected me in the construction industry. How very complacent of you.🙄

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: KrustyKrab

I'm not arguing that they don't. I have personally worked with a lot of illegals too, when I worked in restaurants in Southern California. Most of them had someone else's ID, some of them have had stolen identities since they were little kids in public school! Their parents made them criminals, that also happen to be ineligible for Dreamer status because of it.

I just don't like this law. I don't think it really solves anything.

It’s better than doing nothing. They’re taking lots of jobs here, they’re also a burden on state taxpayers, they never pay their hospital bills either, we pay for their education, medical and often benefits that they’ve not paid one red cent into. They also smuggle and sell a lot of the drugs in the state.

I live in OK so I’m familiar with the situation here. Lived in CO, S CA and AZ also, I’ve seen them destroy entire neighborhoods in all those states, some of those neighborhoods are completely unlivable now.

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Good.

2nd line.

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrGashler

Way to answer a question with a question.
Yes, the punishment fits the crime. Criminal trespass deserves jail time. They didn't just get pushed across the border by their friend and got picked up the moment their little toe crossed the line. They knowingly came across the border illegally, and continued to travel further into the country illegally. Dangerous or not, they've broken the law and they should face jail time as well as deportation with prejudice. If they didn't want to be separated from their children or their family, they shouldn't have broken the law.

So, even though they are not dangerous, you want to lock them up and take their kids away for a misdemeanor; not for any dangerous criminal activity, not for protection of their children but as punishment for being in the country illegally.

edit on 4520242024k58America/Chicago2024-05-02T16:58:45-05:0004pm2024-05-02T16:58:45-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Do you live in Oklahoma?

Maybe the people there don't want illegal aliens taking resources, spaces for homeless, for vets.

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

How do feel about getting full planes and busloads of undocumented aliens from Oklahoma, Texas, Florida or wherever, dropped off at your local YMCA? Do you think shipping migrants from state to state, like "Hot Potatoes" is helping anything or anyone?

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 05:07 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

How do feel about getting full planes and busloads of undocumented aliens from Oklahoma, Texas, Florida or wherever, dropped off at your local YMCA? Do you think shipping migrants from state to state, like "Hot Potatoes" is helping anything or anyone?

I live in a blue state, so already happening.

My vote doesn't matter in Oregonistan.

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 05:09 PM
link   

They shouldn't be here to begin with. But since they have snuck in and 'line jumped' because the Democrats have invited them, then load 'em all up on buses and planes and ship them to the sanctuary cities that want them so badly. No reason for Oklahoma or Texas or Florida to have to support them and put up with their lawbreaking and clogging the hospitals and schools. Give 'em all to the sanctuary cities in blue states. I"m all for it.

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 05:10 PM
link   

So, even though they are not dangerous, you want to lock them up and take their kids away for a misdemeanor; not for any dangerous criminal activity, not for protection of their children but as punishment for being in the country illegally.

You want to keep your kids and stay out of jail?
Then don't break the law and come here illegally.
Very simple.

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I see you don't seem to want to reply with answers to the questions I posed to you. Almost seems like you haven't got any answers or none that don't sound ignorant. I would love for you to prove me wrong...however I won't hold my breath as you seem to have no issue replying to other posts after mine...

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Disgusted123

Said while sitting 2,000 miles away in Connecticut. I'm in Western Kentucky. It doesn't effect me either, but that doesn't make me blind to the problem.

Denial is not just a river.

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Yes...then ship them back to where they came from.

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Send them to the places who purport to want to allow them...until it breaks those places as bad as the border states already trying everything they can to get rid of them. Maybe then we can all get on board with enforcing the federal laws and kick them all out until they come in legally...

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
a reply to: FlyersFan

Let me get this straight....

Illegal aliens are here...illegally.

So they are making it a crime to be here illegally?

I thought being an illegal already made it a crime.
My bad, should have known.

That's funny, but states doing states, irregardless of federal law, may be the best way the states have always stayed together.

Oklahoma must see it as a problem the federal doesnt address. Maybe illegals are taking all the agricultural jobs depriving a naturalized workforce the chance to work for 7.25 an hour? Going up to 9 in 2025!

In any case, Biden administration only has about 7 months left to sue them for invoking state's rights.
edit on 2-5-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-5-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join