It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TLDR post about ATS and why I love it and hope we all stay together somewhere

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Joined in 2008. I think…Can’t even remember what I was doing at that time or what interested me at that time that led me to ATS.

My main interest is political conspiracies. I know a lot of people here don’t like how political ATS has become, but for me, modern politics is THE greatest conspiracy/scam of human history and so much of the other puzzle pieces feed into it IMHO.

My journey and interest in conspiracy theories began in my teen years. I was always an avid reader and in particular loved spy thrillers, crime/police procedurals and mysteries. I guess that’s why I got into reading about the JFK assassination, which led to my foray into conspiracies. The internet was new on the scene and filled with unimaginable amounts of info and I read a lot of stuff about JFK, Charles Manson, and eventually was introduced to MK Ultra and government social experiments, which led me to deep rabbit holes into conspiracy theories about pop culture and its use in brainwashing, Cathy O’Brien and others. Then of course came the Rothschilds, the royal family, the Masons, Jesuits and secret societies. Michael Aquino made his debut, then the Franklin, Nebraska child ring stories…the Bush family history, connections of right/left behind the scenes, the idea that it really is one big global cabal and that actual political theory is out the window and it is all nothing more than theatre for the masses.

I guess my interest in politics began during the Clinton years. That’s when my eyes were opened that mainstream news could not be trusted. I didn’t care too much about actual politics per se, but that’s when I decided that Democrats were worse than Republicans. Bush gave us the NWO and a globalist future and I realized America was dealing with two sides of the same crappy coin. McCain introduced me to RINOs. My dad worked in politics (not as a politician, but as an advisor) and taught me--they act like they hate each other on camera, but behind closed doors, they are all the same. He got out because he wouldn’t play the game anymore.

Late 90’s I got married and had kids and got out of the ATS/conspiracy scene for a while, then came hanging chads, a chasm growing deeper between the parties and 9/11. That perked my ears up because # just didn’t make sense but hey-what did I know? Then I guess I dipped out again until the Obama years maybe. All the whispers about him being Muslim, her being a man, the backroom scheming and dealings. My focus on politics really sharpened as a full-fledged tax paying grown up. And I really started to not like what I was seeing….

Sandy Hook, crisis actors. A lot of WTF is going on?!?! What is real?!?!

Then Trump entered the building…hooooboy. Then Q. Pizzagate. Epstein, Trump as a time traveler…crazy, crazy sh*t. But I gobbled it up!

I never form solid opinions on most of this stuff as far as if I believe any of it but just the psychology of it all fascinates the hell out of me. I don’t spend too much time trying to put the puzzle pieces together or “solve” anything. I mostly lurk. But I love to read about the crazy and take those deep dives into those wild rabbit holes. To sit back and observe and read what others on here put together. I have deep respect for so many members who do the heavy lifting and am frequently deeply impressed with how intelligent folks are here. I really enjoy watching it all play out and of course wonder how much is true. I still am right-leaning politically and think the left has lost their ever-loving minds, but have mostly given up that we'll ever see America the Republic again.

But at the end of the day, I am a faithful Christian and know that I’ll never know for sure the depth of evil in this world, and that I can’t control any of this stuff, just how I respond to it. I do not fear, because what can man do to me? No one can steal my peace.

Geeze, if you made it this far

edit on 23-4-2024 by SideEyeEverything1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-4-2024 by SideEyeEverything1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: SideEyeEverything1

same for me. I was into most conspiracies, and NOT politics, until politics became the largest conspiracy of all. It ties in the NWO, with the scummyness of the CIA and other alphabet douche bags. I'm amazed at the level folks have to go to discuss justice and fairness.

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: SideEyeEverything1
....and hope we all stay together somewhere

DENY IGNORANCE.COM

It was my 17th ATS Anniversary yesterday so been here a while too.

It will be sad if this place disappears for good but the show must go on as skeptics will always enjoy discussing the ins and outs of the world and beyond and how it twists and turns.

Cheers,

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 11:13 AM
link   

The only modicum of conspiracy with politics is that some people actually believe that politicians speak the truth

Every single politician is a liar, so for me there is zero conspiracy they are doing exactly what I expect, deceiving the tax payer at every opportunity

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown2

The only modicum of conspiracy with politics is that some people actually believe that politicians speak the truth

Every single politician is a liar, so for me there is zero conspiracy they are doing exactly what I expect, deceiving the tax payer at every opportunity

Very valid point!

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

DENY IGNORANCE.COM

It will be sad if this place disappears for good but the show must go on as skeptics will always enjoy discussing the ins and outs of the world and beyond and how it twists and turns.

Cheers,

Denying ignorance is what the government does.

Defying ignorance is what we do.

edit on 23-4-2024 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown2

Every single politician was, at one time, just another citizen, exactly like you/us, until they decided to run for office and you/we elected them to that office!

So, if "every politician is a liar", then it us who are to blame for placing someone who was a liar to begin with, in office.

Or is it your contention that everybody who is elected to a political office becomes a liar as soon as they assume their elected office; regardless of their honesty prior to election?

If that is your position, then I would have you consider that it is the nature of governance, not those who are chosen to govern, that makes liars of all.

Yet we do nothing to change the system.

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 04:21 PM
link   

DENY IGNORANCE.COM

Cheers,

George Knapp has entered the Q & A on that site.
They must get Bob Lazar to answer a few questions.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Consvoli

Probably the best alt site to this with similar setup and so many familiar faces.

Cheers,

George Knapp has entered the Q & A on that site.
They must get Bob Lazar to answer a few questions.

This site is super awesome. Up and coming. Welcoming and in many aspects at least for me
Slightly easier to navigate with some familiar people

DENY IGNORANCE.COM

edit on 24-4-2024 by Cre8chaos79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 03:17 PM
link   

DENY IGNORANCE.COM

Cheers,

Wtf first time I read about this new website, and I come here almost daily, and asked a few times if this is the end of ATS. Noone replied with that link.. Why isnt it spammed a bit so everybody knows where to go?

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown2

From the days of Warren G. Harding and his Ohio Gang in the 1920s to the present, it's all the same. Nothing has changed in the slightest.

top topics

join