It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver to Defund the Police 8.4 Million To Pay for Illegal Aliens

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Sanctuary City Denver Colorado ... defunding the police 8.4 Million to pay for illegals. Also defunding the fire department 2.5 Million to pay for illegals. The Democrat mayor of Denver refers to the illegals as "newcomers" and says that the amount to take care of the illegals, who are invited to come, will be drawn from public programs and services.

Denver plans to spend the $89.9 million on assistance programs for illegals in 2024, including $3 million to ‘Program Administration,’ $51.7 million to ‘Shelter and Housing,’ $9.7 million to ‘Supportive Services,’ $9.5 million to ‘One Time Capital Costs’ and $10 million to ‘Contingency.’ All paid for by tax paying American citizens. All paid for by cutting programs and services to actual American citizens.

Denver has become a top destination for illegals. 40,000 arrived in 2023 alone to put the total population of illegal immigrants at roughly 710,000. There are so many that the health care system is overloaded and the city is asking citizens to rent out to illegals at reduced rates in order to house them all. And yet they continue to declare themselves a 'sanctuary city' and that illegals are welcome.

The invasion of illegals continues, and the morons on the far left are actually encouraging it ... destroying the country and dragging down American citizens so that they will eventually be living in conditions like that of the poor places in South America. Defunding police and fire and public services in order to take care of illegals who line jumped to get into this country in order to get 'free stuff' paid for by US taxpayers.

Denver to Defund the Police 8.4 Million To Pay for Illegal Aliens

The Democrat-run city of Denver plans to defund its Police Department to pay for illegal immigrants.

Colorado’s capital, commonly referred to as a “sanctuary city,” announced Wednesday that it will spend $89.9 million on services for incoming illegal migrants, pulling some funding from roughly $45 million in public programs and services. The Denver Police Department will be hit with a reduction of $8.4 million— about 1.9% of its total operating budget, the city confirmed to the Daily Caller News Foundation.

Denver became the top destination per capita for incoming illegal aliens in 2023, having had more than 40,000 arrive that year alone to put the total population of illegal immigrants at roughly 710,000, according to NBC News. Last year, Denver spent over $42 million in housing and medical services for the migrants and plans to spend over $100 million on similar costs this year.

The Denver Fire Department also will suffer a $2.5 million reduction, or about 0.8% of its total operating costs, according to the city. Half of those reductions will come from vacant positions

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Almost as if they are planning this out....

Defund the police so there are less cops to respond to all of the violence caused by these illegals, leaving them here to continue to assaults, murders, rapes, robberies, etc until after November so they can get their votes in.

If this is not the definition of Clown World, I don't think there is one.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

Meanwhile, those that swore an oath to uphold the Bill of Rights are working vigorously to destroy them......with your own tax dollars, no less.

They purposely make it unsafe while they disarm you.... that's just evil.

Absolutely villainous.

As for Denver and Colorado in general, what's to say? You get what you vote for.🤷🏻
edit on 15-4-2024 by VariedcodeSole because: eta

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 07:06 AM
link   
It's kinda funny how everyone in my hometown always had aspirations of moving to Colorado. Most did. All of them have moved back saying the state was awful to live in, and they were glad to be home. This is a perfect example of why this has happened and why most of my friends have turned their backs on leftist policies.

Come to think of it, the last time I went to Colorado was to pick up a friend and bring him home to live with his sister. Late night call turned into a 14 hour drive on the spot and a happy to have ya back.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 07:38 AM
link   

These liberal utopias are going to have to be cauterized.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I only have so much sympathy for these people who continue to double down on stupid any chance they get.
Voting has consequences and apparently they continue to turn a blind eye to them.
I have hope they will eventually be forced to see them.
When virtue signalling goes too far.
“What are you, people? On dope?” - Mr. Hand

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Democrats like to repeat the same insane mistakes over and over.
It’s almost as if they expect a different result this time

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 08:55 AM
link   
fantastic news! There shouldn't be any incumbrances for illegalsnewcomers to have when being criminals. They have the absolute right to do whatever they want. And please give them some weapons, they have the right to own some weapons of war. Don't skimp, go full auto. Remember, it's their right.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
fantastic news! There shouldn't be any incumbrances for illegalsnewcomers to have when being criminals. They have the absolute right to do whatever they want. And please give them some weapons, they have the right to own some weapons of war. Don't skimp, go full auto. Remember, it's their right.

Sometimes I consider leaving the country and returning illegally to get my rights back.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I wonder how many the mayor is putting up in their home? How about when the mayor is defunded because of losing the local tax base. I don't think thay think past the next hour to what consequences their policies have.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Texas, Florida and the rest of the nation, that isn't out it's (expletive) mind, BETTER see this and take action now to prevent a local takeover by a idiocracy. This is a show they want to see go "on tour".

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I don't want to hear them crying when they get what they voted for.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 10:22 AM
link   

GO DENVER!

In just a few short months Denver will achieve the Global Elites dream of descent to Third World status.

How many US Cities can descend to third world status before the entire country is a third world Bannana Republic?

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Obama's Third Term and his Plan is falling right in Place.
Destroy the USA and Total Takeover of the D Regime.
When all the Crud coming into this Country Filters out to the Remainder of our Nation
There will be Some Justice from Patriots.

Try that in a Small Town.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 11:37 AM
link   
This plan failed in every city that did it. Here we go again with mental case leadership in mental case infested cities. 😀

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Our next census in 2030 will insure that liberals will always win elections going forward, as states like Californis and Colorado increase their number of representatives, tipping the ballance of majority rule. Theyre even working on changing the way they conduct the census, giving it a boost just like Dominion machines did elections.

Government considering changes ahead of 2030 census – including no more forms for most Americans
The bureau is considering counting most Americans using information the government already has, such as Social Security data, IRS files and other administrative records.

It's well known that our government is very lax on taking dead people off their rolls. How many will be counted from their graves? As many as vote each year?

[www.pewresearch.org...]

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 01:24 PM
link   
They took funding from the fire department in a city surrounded by forest

Even a 6 year old would tell you that's a bad idea

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe1982

Well, I believe Denver has only ever had one Republican mayor but I could be wrong. But the last Republican mayor of Denver was Richard Batterton from 1959-1963. It would appear that Denver is going the way it's population desires so it's impossible for me to be concerned with a city that has made a jointed concerted effort to maintain the status quo. I mean, it's not like this isn't the norm for Denver.

Richard Yates Batterton (November 5, 1905 – July 1978) was an American politician who served as the mayor of Denver, Colorado from 1959 to 1963. He is to date the last Republican to serve as Mayor of Denver.

Their city, their money, their gain or loss. It's completely self imposed and that is their right. It must be the way they want or else they would make different decisions but they're not. Now if they come begging for federal funds or complaining of negative repercussions as a result of their own purposeful, intentional actions, then to heck with them. If actions are buffered against negative consequences then there is no motivation to make logical, intelligent and better decisions.

edit on th30202400000030bMon, 15 Apr 2024 16:17:02 -05002024000000x by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
I believe Denver has only ever had one Republican mayor but I could be wrong. But the last Republican mayor of Denver was Richard Batterton from 1959-1963.

Even if they got rid of the Democrat mayor and put in a Republican to change things ... it's a little late. The damage is done. I don't know how you fix something like this. It's an invasion ..by invitation. Self destructive. Suicidal. Really stupid!

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: StoutBroux
I believe Denver has only ever had one Republican mayor but I could be wrong. But the last Republican mayor of Denver was Richard Batterton from 1959-1963.

Even if they got rid of the Democrat mayor and put in a Republican to change things ... it's a little late. The damage is done. I don't know how you fix something like this. It's an invasion ..by invitation. Self destructive. Suicidal. Really stupid!

Oh for sure!!!!!! They have built their bed, let them sleep in it. For a long. long. looooong. time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join