It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheila Jackson Lee makes idiotic statements about the moon to students

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 07:30 AM
link   
On Monday, Sheila Jackson Lee, who once led the House Science Committee’s space subcommittee, spoke to students at Booker T. Washington High School in Dallas, TX. She proceeded to make several bizarre and completely incorrect statements about the moon.
According to Mrs. Lee:

1. 1. The moon is made mostly of gases
  2. 2. The moon doesn't just reflect light, it also emits its own light and energy
  3. 3. People (presumably on the moon) "shut the [moon's] light down" when they get close to the Earth
  4. 4. The moon is a planet we haven't been to yet, but will someday

Jackson Lee, who once led the House Science Committee’s space subcommittee, made several false statements that stunned a crowd of teenagers

"... a full moon is that complete-rounded circle, which is made up mostly of gases. And that’s why the question is: Why or how could we as humans live on the moon? Are the gases such that we could do that?"

In one statement, she told students the moon not only reflects the sun’s light but also emits "unique light and energy."

"What you will see today will be the closest distance that the moon has ever been in the last 20 years, which means that’s why they will shut the light down, because they will be close to the Earth"

"... I want to be first in line to know how to live and to be able to survive on the moon," Jackson Lee added. "That’s another planet which we’re going to see shortly."

Source

Sheila Jackson Lee had this to say in response to the widespread criticism she's facing:

Obviously I misspoke and meant to say the sun, but as usual, Republicans are focused on stupid things instead of stuff that really matters. What can I say though, foolish thinkers lust for stupidity!

As is obvious, her excuse is clearly a lie in an attempt to avoid looking like a complete moron. It's alarming just how stupid she'd have to be to say or think the things she did. And yet, she's a US representative. She's helping to operate the US government. She led the House Science Committee’s space subcommittee. How?
I'm really curious though who she thinks is living on the moon (or is it the sun, Mrs. Lee?) that "shuts its light down" when they get close to the Earth.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 07:42 AM
link   
How scary is it, that we have people in charge and people on the news and TV, that are really, this dumb?

Think about that....

We are on a down hill train, with the people running it not even smart enough to pull the brakes.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Ladies and Gentlemen...I present YOUR Democrat Party!

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 08:33 AM
link   

We did a thread on this yesterday.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: BeyondKnowledge3

Different person, same idiocy

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Here's her trying in her eclipse glasses at the same event.

x.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 09:30 AM
link   
This woman is amazing. Here's my favorite quote from the article in the OP.

In 1997, Jackson Lee visited NASA and demanded to see the flag that astronauts planted on Mars. She was gently advised that no human being had ever been to Mars because it was so far away.

She then went into a rage and accused the space agency of racism before pointing out her membership on the House science committee.

Jackson Lee also claimed during a floor speech in March 2014 that the U.S. Constitution was 400 years old.

The fact that she keeps getting elected has to be some sort of conspiracy.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Sheila Jackson Lee has held positions on both the House Science Committee and the House Space Committee. And she thinks we walked on Mars. And the moon is made of gases. She also has informed us that the sun is pretty hot. (for real)

If she keeps going, she may top Hank Johnson's Guam capsizing remarks.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 10:00 AM
link   
These are the “luminaries” that want to manage health care, education, AI, miss information, elections… do I need to go on?

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 10:20 AM
link   
How are we to know what the moon is all about as we have never been there.
Oh yea, and it is flat.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeyondKnowledge3

We did a thread on this yesterday.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Different total idiot.
Same Democrat party.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger2

Let's hope the two never have kids together.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 11:30 AM
link   
so now we Know why Biden says Follow the Science.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigginpc
Here's her trying in her eclipse glasses at the same event.

x.com...

Oh My God!
She's literally got the intelligence of a 3 yr. old.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger2
Sheila Jackson Lee has held positions on both the House Science Committee and the House Space Committee. And she thinks we walked on Mars. And the moon is made of gases. She also has informed us that the sun is pretty hot. (for real)

I'm picturing a committee on the rise of idiots spouting ludicrous insane ramblings, and she and Hank can be the chairs. they have some first hand experience and would find that one place they could really use their combined knowledge.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Did she just admit the truth that NASA is hiding?

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Lol she said the sun is mighty hot.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Who the hell votes for her? AND WHY??

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

The idiocy, it seems to be contagious. Should we put on masks again? No, that was a previous idiocy.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join