It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trillions of cicadas are about to emerge in parts of the US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Trillions of cicadas are about to emerge in parts of the US in numbers not seen in decades and possibly centuries.

www.msn.com... 73e6a6867d540fc90ed68510c09c709&ei=38

People in the southeast of the US are set for a "sight to behold", experts say, as periodical cicadas - which usually surface every 13 years - will emerge coinciding with another brood which come out in a 17-year cycle this spring. While annual cicadas, which are bigger and greener than their black-bodied cousins, can be found anywhere in the world, periodical bugs, which are black in colour and have red, bulging eyes, can only be found in North America. The dual emergence of the periodical cicadas, who are infamous for how loud they can be, is a rare phenomenon and is estimated to have last happened 221 years ago in 1803, when Thomas Jefferson, one of America's founding fathers, was US president. Fullscreen button

Wow
I keep thinking of locusts in the bible devouring everything.

Im sure something like this happend a few years ago...

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 11:03 PM
link   
So, I guess they will be grinding them up and making human food out of them this year. One hundred percent meat will be what they call it on the label, high protein food.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: alwaysbeenhere2

I remember back in the late 80's early 90's having pillars at my Baskin Robins completely covered in Crickets.

Bugs appear and disappear.

I'm nowhere close to where this should be happening. But this is a documented thing. No unexpected thing.
And it's likely the two cousin breeds might compete with themselves for food, or may even turn on themselves as food.

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: alwaysbeenhere2

Don't worry,this won't be a problem-the cicadas will send out a few scouts who will discover the surface of earth has slipped into clown dimension.
They will report back ro the hive,who will then decide to remain in hibernation until the next cycle,when hopefully things will have settled back down to some form of reality.

That is the most likely outcome-although there is a small chance that the forever chemicals have reached a mutagenic threshold in the deep earth,wich may result in the cicadas growing up to 15 feet in length and developing a taste for human flesh which they will devour en masse when they emerge during the solar eclipse,thus fulfilling The Rapture/Revelation and the Deagel predictions.

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 07:08 AM
link   
A trillion cicadas?

Since it is rare we actually get to see a trillion of anything...this could be a great learning experience.

US citizens should imagine every cicada they see as another dollar being wasted on paying the interest on the US national debt.
edit on 3-4-2024 by CarlLaFong because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Im patiently awaiting their return

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 06:39 PM
link   
They begun the invasion in my neck of the woods.

There are shells all over the steps to the porch, and young ones waiting for their wings to dry crawling all over the porch.

I saw a large squirrel feasting on one earlier.

Earlier today the din from their mating calls was comign from the Northwest, this evening it's coming from the Southeast.

We're surrounded!

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

How far north are they supposed to go? I have yet to hear them here in the New England.

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TrithFPV

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Still around 150-200 miles from me! Soon

join