It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia has reached the lowest level of poverty in its entire history

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: pennylane123

It's not a crime here to criticize our Govt?

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Wow talk about entitled . Wipe it down your self.. Are you saying the grocery stores here have someone wiping down the carts ?

Yes.

That's exactly what I'm saying, there generally called "aces", or they are in the likes of ASDA.

What's wrong with asking staff to wipe down dirty carts?

You're a customer and cleanliness is an issue.

Nothing entitled about it.

Prudent would be the word i would use.

And you're still avoiding the question.

what's your claim to fame have you been to a Russian grocery store?

We will take that as a "No" then shall we?

edit on 13-3-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Morrisons have signs by their trolleys saying "Keeping your trolley clean and ready to go".

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Who's "we"?
Im an American, so us/the west
edit on 13-3-2024 by pennylane123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Wow talk about entitled . Wipe it down your self.. Are you saying the grocery stores here have someone wiping down the carts ?

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying there generally called "aces", or they are in the likes of ASDA.

What's wrong with asking staff to wipe down dirty carts?

You're a customer and cleanliness is an issue.

Nothing entitled about it.

Prudent would be the word i would use.

And you're still avoiding the question.

what's your claim to fame have you been to a Russian grocery store?

We will take that as a "No" then shall we?

I could not imagine asking someone to wipe down my cart.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

I worked in the industry many moons ago carpy2.

Your section should always be clean and pristine.

And nobody likes dirty dilapidated trollies.

Just a fact.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Here in England, one's Butler or one's Manservant undertakes such tasks.

And pushing one's trolley, too.

Obviously.

edit on 13-3-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

link   

So what would your alternative be, to walk around the place clutching onto a manky trolly covered in god knows what putting food off the shelves you are going to pay for and consume in there?

Stuff spending the better part of £300 each fortnight in their stores on food and other household items if that's the case.

Plus you must have seen the pandemic, they were wiping everything down right left and center.

link   
Shopping carts ... here in the US we call them shopping carts. Unless you are in the deep south where they call them 'buggies' for some reason. That being said, store employees wipe them down AND customers wipe them down. It's done both ways here. (Delaware USA)

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 01:43 PM
link   

"I could not imagine asking someone to wipe down my cart."

You don't have to ask. They do it anyway.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 01:45 PM
link   
A reason as to why Russian poverty could be down is because Putin is sending in the poor people to die in war.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

“There are three kinds of lies: Lies, Damned Lies, and Statistics”
Mark Twain.

Statistics are only as trustworthy as those compiling the statistics.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The number of people living in poverty is a crime regardless of nationality.

But these figures do stink of coming from the Commissars in The Kremlin based on a new Gosplan.

Soviet era propaganda is making a comeback - did it ever actually go away?
Mandatory lessons to be taught in Russian schools;

"Fundamentals of Security and Defence of the Motherland".

The lesson is compulsory for high school students aged 15 to 18 in Russia and occupied territories in Ukraine.

The book's authors praise Soviet dictator Joseph Stalin....

"Russian books were burned, monuments were destroyed, Russian songs and the Russian language itself were banned... 'Russian blood' cocktails were served in restaurants."

"Cities in the Luhansk and Donetsk regions, where dissent against such policies existed, were bombarded by Nazi shells and rockets."

The authors state "it was Ukraine and Nato who planned to start the war", bizarrely suggesting "a huge number of Ukrainian troops and armoured vehicles were concentrated at the borders".

www.bbc.co.uk...

Putin replicating Soviet indoctrination.

Not satisfied with that;

Occupied Ukraine encouraged to vote in Russian election by armed men

One resident complained of pro-Russian collaborators with ballot boxes going from house to house looking for voters accompanied by armed soldiers.

"This is ridiculous. What kind of election is it when there are two locals - one holding a list of voters and the other a ballot box - and a military man with a machine gun? This isn't democracy. It's a comedy show."

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 01:55 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 02:09 PM
link   
War actually brings the economy of a nation up sometimes. Especially when the country starts producing most of what it needs for it's people itself instead of having to buy things from other nations. The world market is questionable because your countries dollar can devalue in the world and if you have to buy things from those other countries because you don't produce them in yours, your money is not very valuable and prices of those imported goods is high.

It is just how economy works. Take China for example, they get paid little for their products but it is enough for their people to survive, but if China has to buy things produced outside their country, they are expensive...which hurts their people's welfare. If a country stays independant, it doesn't matter if their money is not worth much on the world market.

That is why Russia is probably doing a little better, no McDs or other American or European economies are sucking their money out and devaluing their money. People who work with this know of this and understand it. The US and many other countries benefit by China having cheap exports, but the practice does have some downfalls. It makes the US dependent on that countries cheap goods. Their production of goods diminishes and it puts their country at risk of collapse. Right now in the US, more money is made on importing than the cost of the imports from China and south America and others.

I know I am off topic with this but I am trying to state how Russia's economy and poverty level could be doing better. This is not something I am close to an expert at, I just know some of the basics of how economy and national financial security works. There are many variables related to this topic, but an expert in the field would have to clarify how to apply that stuff.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 02:30 PM
link   

So what would your alternative be, to walk around the place clutching onto a manky trolly covered in god knows what putting food off the shelves you are going to pay for and consume in there?

Stuff spending the better part of £300 each fortnight in their stores on food and other household items if that's the case.

Plus you must have seen the pandemic, they were wiping everything down right left and center.
I guess if I thought it was to dirty for my delicate little fingers and I did not think it was beneath me I would WIPE IT DOWN MYSELF. Or get a different cart

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Do you carry wiping down stuff when you go shopping?

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: pennylane123

a reply to: RussianTroll

We have seen your supermarkets RT they are crap.

And your people in the poor house.

Outside of Moscow or St Petersburg Russia is a 3rd world nation with mass poverty and deprivation all over the place.

Good luck polishing that turd.

So you have been to a Russian grocery store?

Or just what CNN has showed and told you?

There are enough youtube creators to not have to watch propoganda channels such as CNN or Faux, why anyone would contiue to do so is on them, brainwashed cultists

here is a video from a Russian worth a watch for an insight most of us cant give as we dont live there

decide for yourself

Heres another with a pretty lady to boot
, why are we peasants arguing amongst ourselves when ALL politicians will be eating far better than us, not worrying about energy costs, taking private jets everywhere and being chauffeur driven everywhere. Stop bitching and moaning to others in the same boat as yourself in other nations, turn your ire onto the politicians of every nation from every party, they are the retards who cause this anger and negativity

Im on the side of every human on the planet who wants to live a decent life and raise a respectful famiy, that is all I can control

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
Do you carry wiping down stuff when you go shopping?

My 89 year old elderly mother does.
She has a package of anti-germ goo in her purse.
Most people do not carry stuff with them.

Here the stores wipe the carts often and the shoppers can do so as well.
Wipes are provided at the entrances of stores so shoppers can use them.
It's done both ways.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 03:20 PM
link   

ATTENTION...please read before posting further....

BE AWARE THAT IF YOUR POST IS NOT ON TOPIC AND/OR IS ABOUT OTHER MEMBERS YOU MAY BE ABOUT TO HAVE POSTS REMOVED. OR YOU MAY BE TEMPORARILY POST BANNED!
AND, PLEASE REMEMBER THERE IS NO MORE MUD PIT....MUD NOT ALLOWED. Just because the MUD PIT is gone, doesn't mean ATS allows muddy politics.

Everyone and I mean everyone is allowed to post here on topic and to do so without being called names or becoming the target of others' posts. Debate the topic and leave each other out of it. OPPOSING VIEWPOINTS are encouraged.
Those who refuse to get that concept may be POST BANNED!!!

These rules apply to all threads and if you want to engage in personal attacks there are other sites on the Internet where you can do that. Our goal is for ATS to be above that. For members here to post like mature adults.
YOU are responsible for your own posts

And, as always...
Do not reply to this post.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join