It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 blanked out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
It was a stupid idea from the first place, but I went to some sites that provide satellite photo's of american soil and I entered the approx. coördinates of Groom Lake / Area 51. Well every site I visited (USGS/TerraServer/...) has these areas blanked out. Off course they wouldn't let you see a UFO parked or taxi'ing so no surprise there

Is it common practice to hide military bases like that or is it a special treatment?
Plus what the ... ar those things:
Alien Crops From X-Files Movie?

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Lol I tried the same thing when I heard Google started doing the satellite maps. Same results too--perfectly clear everywhere around it, nothing but fuzz where the cool stuff is.

I think those circles in the "Alien Crops" are just regular farms. They're circular because of the type of sprinkler that's set up. It's in the middle of the crop and goes around in a circular pattern. Gives new meaning to the phrase "Crop Circles" though...

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Is it common practice to hide military bases like that or is it a special treatment?
Plus what the ... ar those things:

You'll also find things like the roofs of buildings in DC, etc. blocked out. Post 9/11 legislation to classify such things, in the name of preventing easy access to such info by terrorists. If you look though, you can find plenty of pretty recent sat photos of Area 51, including many new buildings and runways....

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Like Gazrok said there are plenty of Watertown pics around, some on this site. As a side note has anybody ever looked up Papoose mountain? Might not be many buildings to look at but I would of thought there'd be some dirt tracks at least etc.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Looks like I was wrong; probably looking in the wrong area. However, you can only zoom down so far and then it blanks out. You can check it out yourself here:

maps.google.com...,nevada& ll=37.247429,-115.804310&spn=0.128746,0.162392&t=k&hl=en

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Actually, there was a thread on S-4 a while back and I had dug up some pretty decent sat photos of Papoose...and the area in question (the little hook that goes out on the lakebed). A road did seem evident, but the res made it impossible to say for sure. One could almost make out where the bus compound is supposed to be, etc.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   

However, you can only zoom down so far and then it blanks out.

I think Google bases the resolution of the images on the population density of an area, or in layman's terms, on the amount of stuff there.

I live on the Eastern Shore of Virginia. I can only zoom in my area to the fourth bar from the top. But when I search Baltimore I can go all the way in.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
www.virtuallystrange.net...

This has been going on for decades..How egomaniacal is this?

This link may have to be cut and pasted...

new topics

top topics

join