It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps Golden $400 Sneakers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I pay $50 for cheapo New Balance sneakers at Kohls. I can't imagine paying $400 for a pair of sneakers. But then again, Air Jordans go anywhere from $200 to $1600 a pair. So maybe his collector edition $400 sneakers are not that unreasonable. Most of Trumps supporters are NOT wealthy though, so I'm not sure who is buying them, but they were immediately sold out. I would imagine he'll have more in production soon. Say what you will, but this guy knows how to make money selling himself. All politicians sell themselves, but this guy has figured out how to personally make money doing it.

Trump Launches Sneaker Line

The former president unveiled “Trump Sneakers” at Sneaker Con in Philadelphia. He placed a pair of gold sneakers, which a new website has listed for $399 and named the “NEVER SURRENDER HIGH-TOP SNEAKER,” on the podium as he spoke.

“This is something I’ve been talking about for 12 years, 13 years, and I think it’s going to be a big success,” said Trump, who is marching closer toward the 2024 Republican nomination and a potential rematch with President Joe Biden.

By Saturday night, the $399 sneakers were listed as sold out on the website. There had been 1,000 pairs of the sneakers available for purchase, according to the site.

The former president is also selling two versions of sneakers that have “T” and “45” on the sides for $199, according to the website. Cologne and perfume are for sale at $99 each.

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Waiting for Biden's new line of bladder control products.
My Grandmother is Joe's biggest fan.

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I don't really think he knows how to make money with something like this, I think he knows people who do though.

It's just a License agreement if you read the small print.

My question is: Are they Made In America?

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

That' is an excellent question.
And I"m not able to find the answer.
As far as I know, New Balance are the 'made in America' sneakers.
But Trumps sneakers are specialty and could possibly be too .... dunno.

Everything we know about Donald Trumps Sneakers

However, a disclaimer on the website reads: “‘Trump’ and the associated design are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of CIC Ventures LLC.

“Trump Sneakers are not designed, manufactured, distributed or sold by Donald J. Trump, The Trump Organization or any of their respective affiliates or principals. 45Footwear, LLC uses the Trump name, image and likeness under a license agreement which may be terminated or revoked according to its terms.

CIC Ventures is out of Florida. But that doesn't mean the production is. It could be anywhere.
CIC Ventures

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 09:22 AM
link   

I don't really think he knows how to make money with something like this, I think he knows people who do though.

My question is, how many pairs just went online for triple the original price? I'm looking at never surrender high tops going for a thousand or more. Apparently the idea isn't to make money for Trump (who is still absolutely loaded even after 440M in damages) but to exhibit how easily his capitalist ventures translate to profit for his fans.

edit on 19-2-2024 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I don't own any sneakers or trainers as we call them in UK.
My kind of exercise involves bare feet.
Besides, for 'fashion' reasons thay are sooooo gauche!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Yeah, I'm going to guess those who are buying them, are doing so for the investment. Hang on to them for 5 or 10 years, sell them for a profit.

I do the same thing, only with Lego sets. Broader fan base with the Legos I'm guessing though.

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Trump really knows how to troll the libs!!! I mean this is one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time. I thought seeing that even Dakota Johnson wouldn't watch Madame Web was the funniest thing I had seen all week but this is even better.

Hilarious to see the lefties melt down over a pair of shoes. And of course they are almost as ugly as Jordans and are GOLD !!!

Yesterday there were even all kinds of "news" reports about how the crowd chanted "let's go Biden" LOL. You can't make this stuff up. Anyone with a brain knows they were chanting " f@ck Joe Biden" and "let's go Brandon". LOL. 😂

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Most of Trumps supporters are NOT wealthy.....

I'm not sure where you get the idea that trump supporters are poor from. MSNBC ? I've seen lots of videos of wealthy people in big fancy boats with trump flags. Whatever. It's nice to see you are concerned about how "poor" people waist their money. /S. ...kinda like how communists think.

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Find a local Neiman Marcus (or search it) and look at the price on their tennis shoes. I’d say on average they’re $500, going on up to $1500. Golden Goose are pretty popular and average around $500.

Now my cowboy boots are $500 and my wife’s were $600, but boots last a decade pretty easily.

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 10:59 AM
link   

No. They're made in China. There are close-up photos of the shoes on the internet that show the label, if you look.

You can get almost the same shoe, without the big "T" and Stars and Stripes on the side from Temu for about 40 bucks.

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
My kind of exercise involves bare feet.

Jane

You minx!

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Why not work boots?

A good pair of work boots is getting more difficult to find.

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: 5thHead

The lefties laughed and mocked the hell out of the Trump Trading Card NFT's too - until they shot up over 5X in value.
They'd be wise to shut their mouths regarding Trump ventures, but we all know that they're too dumb and triggered to actually learn a lesson.

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Most of Trumps supporters are NOT wealthy though

It was either eggs or $400 dollars sneakers *shrug* what is a poor Trump supporter to do?

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947

No. They're made in China. There are close-up photos of the shoes on the internet that show the label, if you look.

You can get almost the same shoe, without the big "T" and Stars and Stripes on the side from Temu for about 40 bucks.

Sure those up close pics are not fake? 😃

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 11:35 AM
link   
what are these costing?😀

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: CarlLaFong

Waiting for Biden's new line of bladder control products.
My Grandmother is Joe's biggest fan.

I assumed he was sponsored by (D)epends

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I wonder where they're made , seems that information is hard to come by.

Must say they are suitably tacky though , well done Don.

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5thHead
I'm not sure where you get the idea that trump supporters are poor from. MSNBC ? I've seen lots of videos of wealthy people in big fancy boats with trump flags. Whatever. It's nice to see you are concerned about how "poor" people waist their money. /S. ...kinda like how communists think.

What the HELL are you talking about? VERY strange.

I never said that Trump supporters are poor. I said that most Trump supporters are not wealthy. And that's true. Most are just average people. That's what his donation levels say. Most are just average size donations. You get a few mega donors ... but most are average. That's what is reported on tv.

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I usually buy my New Balance tennies at Meijer when they have a buy one pair get the second pair for a buck. Usually about thirty six bucks a pair that way. Of course, mine are more expensive, I wear a 14-EEEE shoe in The New Balance brand.

They are pretty decent quality sneakers. Way more comfortable for me than the ones that are higher in price. But I just wear the tennies and no boots when outside in the winter, and the snow and water does mess up the stitching by the end of the winter. So I put a new pair on after the snow is gone and wear those till the next spring. I usually keep the old ones for gardening and working on the car or house though.

I like those New Balance better than every other kind I have tried on.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join