It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian journalist Dmitry Kiselev sent a request for an interview with Biden

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Hello ATS!

The CEO of the Rossiya Segodnya media group, Dmitry Kiselev, said during the Vesti Nedeli program that he had sent a request for an interview with American leader Joe Biden. RIA Novosti reports this.

We believe that our countries lack the opportunity to listen and hear each other, and we believe that the President of the Russian Federation, Vladimir Putin, set a worthy example by agreeing to an interview aimed at the American viewer The interview is planned to be conducted by me, Dmitry Kiselev, CEO of the media group “Russia Today” and the host of the highest-rated information and analytical Sunday program “News of the Week” on the country’s most popular TV channel “Russia 1,” the letter says

He also noted that the interview will be translated into different languages. According to him, a mirror interview of the US President with a Russian journalist would be the best answer.

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

I think you'll find the man known as "Putin's mouthpiece" is a sanctioned entity in the US and EU so it's highly unlikely his request would be granted.

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I think you'll find the man known as "Putin's mouthpiece" is a sanctioned entity in the US and EU so it's highly unlikely his request would be granted.

Tell me openly and honestly: "We got scared"))))

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Tell me openly and honestly: "We got scared"))))

Doesn't bother me if he interviews Biden , perhaps someone not under sanctions could try but facts is facts.
edit on 18-2-2024 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 05:06 AM
link   
What's good for the goose is good for the gander no? No way in hell will Biden or the WH agree to an interview sadly.
If nothing else, and regardless of people's individual opinions on what he said during that interview, Putin set the bar by agreeing to be interviewed by Tucker Carlson.
Rainbows
Jane
PS this reminds me of Frankie Goes to Hollywood song: Two Tribes

edit on am25America/ChicagoSunday2024-02-18T05:09:36-06:0005America/Chicago02000000 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

I agree with you Jane

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 06:20 AM
link   

For optimal balance it should also be a 2 hours uncut interview. It's not gonna happen of course but I am morbidly curious as to what Biden's gaffes per hour count would be.

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 07:34 AM
link   

You could always find a Russian CGI fake of the interview to post up??

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Now that we know Mr. Putin wanted Hillary...and he has recently endorsed Biden and assured everyone that Biden has a great mind...I would expect a puff piece.

Of course, this interview will never happen.
Joe's handlers don't want Joe speaking from anything but the teleprompter they provide for him.
edit on 18-2-2024 by CarlLaFong because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 07:40 AM
link   

So you nailed how they will get out of it quick.

You can can say he is sanctioned, but even the dumbest Americans know it won't happen.

And the reason it won't happen is not bc the reporter is sanctioned......

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

If nothing else, and regardless of people's individual opinions on what he said during that interview, Putin set the bar by agreeing to be interviewed by Tucker Carlson.

The interview was definitely worth the watch. In the lead up to the interview, Tucker said that no western journalist bothered to interview Putin since the invasion. Several western outlets and journalists noted they had repeated denied requests. Even a spokesperson for the Kremlin came out and said that they had denied several prior requests.

That said, Putin did take one interview with a western journalist.

Biden even said no to the softball pre Super Bowl interview… So this isn’t really a surprise.

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Yes because I'm sure this "journalist" is far more dangerous to America than the likes of someone like Rachel Maddow, or Sean Hannity. We as Americans survive on an steady drip of propaganda from the establishment. It's beyond me when I see people choose to have a more restricted contrite view of the world.

You should be talking about the fact Joe Biden wouldn't be capable of conducting a 10 minute interview off the script. In fact in don't think there is a single American politician that can give a detailed history of American like Putin did.

You need to learn if the most corrupt government on the planet is sanctioning something or silencing someone it's not because they are protecting you they are protecting themselves at your expense. The more people like you support this the more people will needlessly die in Ukraine.

How you are incapable of seeing the similarities in how Israel treats the Palestinians and how Ukraine treats the Russians living in eastern Ukraine is beyond me. Looks a lot like anti-Russian bigotry to be honest.

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 08:51 AM
link   

It will never happen because Biden is weak and what better way to show it than an interview that doesn’t have softball questions.
Most of the US media covers for this administration and even they cannot get an honest interview with Biden.

Maybe Kiselev needs to skip interviewing the potato in chief and ask Trump for an interview. Skip the potato and go right for the meat.

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

It will never happen because Biden is weak and what better way to show it than an interview that doesn’t have softball questions.
Most of the US media covers for this administration and even they cannot get an honest interview with Biden.

Maybe Kiselev needs to skip interviewing the potato in chief and ask Trump for an interview. Skip the potato and go right for the meat.

I think Trump will give an interesting interview. And, in my opinion, an attempt to interview Biden is level 90 trolling on Putin’s part))))

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 10:17 AM
link   

The White House won’t let any American journalist interview the idiot in chief so no, he will not be talking to joe.😂

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 10:27 AM
link   

100% a trolling by Putin because he never expected it to happen.
Anyone paying attention knows Biden cannot give an honest interview. Maybe if they get him first thing in the morning when he is the most cognitive, but as the sun goes down, so does Biden's brain.

At least Trump would speak his mind and that is where he gains respect from other leaders.

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 10:53 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Yes because I'm sure this "journalist" is far more dangerous to America than the likes of someone like Rachel Maddow, or Sean Hannity.

I didn't say he was dangerous I said he is under US sanction therefore won't be granted anything due to that , a fact that no doubt isn't lost on Mr Kiselev.

It's beyond me when I see people choose to have a more restricted contrite view of the world.

Yeah , me too.

You need to learn if the most corrupt government on the planet is sanctioning something or silencing someone it's not because they are protecting you they are protecting themselves at your expense. The more people like you support this the more people will needlessly die in Ukraine.

Not ignoring anything just stated a fact , sadly facts seem to upset people on ATS these days , "people like you" seem to think I support things I've shown no support for , belief and bluster don't change the facts.

Looks a lot like anti-Russian bigotry to be honest.

Looks can be deceptive but feel free to toss out another slur against me , it's par for the course these days.

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 12:31 PM
link   

lol

Biden won't do interviews with American journalists.

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Several western outlets and journalists noted they had repeated denied requests. Even a spokesperson for the Kremlin came out and said that they had denied several prior requests.

I worded that wrong. Should be they had been denied their request to interview Putin.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join