It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat Congressman Hits Super Bowl Fans For Not Standing During Negro National Anthem

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Having to stand for a Black anthem being performed before a game is too much like standing for Dixie, a song that would be more race appropriate in my case actually. I'd stand if the crowd started up with "Lets Go Brandon", but that is a chant or cheer, not really a song.

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMichiganSwampBuck

They were supposed to kneel...to take a knee.

posted on Feb, 13 2024 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

"Very very few stood for ‘Lift Every Voice and Sing,’" Rep. Steve Cohen, D-Tenn. wrote on X. "The Negro National Anthem. Not a pretty picture of Super Bowl crowd." Cohen represents a majority-Black district in western Tennessee.

Nothing to see here.

Just another Cohencidence.

posted on Feb, 13 2024 @ 04:54 AM
link   

edit on 2/13/2024 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2024 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: network dude

why not just announce, "All white people stand for the White National Anthem", then do the same for the black one. Or is inclusion the goal here?

No, racism is the goal here...yet again.

I wonder why it's OK when it's done in this direction? I mean, clown world, duh, but isn't there still some folks with brains instead of sh!t?

Cheers

posted on Feb, 13 2024 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: VoiceofReality

One could argue that hundreds of years of systemic racism and discrimination is what is causing all these things to occur. So the argument could be made that racism is what caused things like this to occur. Not the goal, but the cause.

Barack Obama is directly responsible for the current state of race relations and hate for authority. All we are seeing are the same racist policies being pushed. Michelle Obama is the epitome of entitlement...and if America was so racist he would not have lasted a term.

Okay I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, because I felt Obama did more to advance equality amongst races than almost all other presidents combined. I would argue those policies are for the good and not a bad thing. I never saw 1 race policy from Obama that I was against.

Apparently, for reasons I don't understand folks on this board believe that equality is bad. Is it because equality of all people of this nation threatens the feeling of superiority from white folks? I'm genuinely interested, because I don't understand what's being peddled here.

Another poster posted that DEI caused this. No, generations of INEQUALITY caused DEI to be a necessary thing. Do I think it's gone too far? Yes. But how else do you level things out in an very inequal situation? And the fact that we still have white supremacists walking around is an indication we have a long way to go to fix things.

Just to add, I'm not here to fight. I believe in expanding your horizons and taking into account all views, especially on all things political, but this one is something I'm struggling to understand the opposing viewpoint for sure.

edit on 13-2-2024 by VoiceofReality because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2024 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoiceofReality

One could argue that hundreds of years of systemic racism and discrimination is what is causing all these things to occur. So the argument could be made that racism is what caused things like this to occur. Not the goal, but the cause.

Barack Obama is directly responsible for the current state of race relations and hate for authority. All we are seeing are the same racist policies being pushed. Michelle Obama is the epitome of entitlement...and if America was so racist he would not have lasted a term.

Okay I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, because I felt Obama did more to advance equality amongst races than almost all other presidents combined. I would argue those policies are for the good and not a bad thing. I never saw 1 race policy from Obama that I was against.

what policies? could you be specific?

Apparently, for reasons I don't understand folks on this board believe that equality is bad. Is it because equality of all people of this nation threatens the feeling of superiority from white folks? I'm genuinely interested, because I don't understand what's being peddled here.

who is opposing equality??? I have no idea what you're talking about here.

Another poster posted that DEI caused this. No, generations of INEQUALITY caused DEI to be a necessary thing. Do I think it's gone too far? Yes. But how else do you level things out in an very unequal situation? And the fact that we still have white supremacists walking around is an indication we have a long way to go to fix things.

the USA is about as color blind as a multicultural country can be. equality was essentially achieved decades ago. what we have now are leftist demagogues finding excuses to play race cards with no justification; unfortunately the army of journalists promote this to demonstrate their wokeness.
'white supremacists walking around'??? nonsense. who? where?

Just to add, I'm not here to fight. I believe in expanding your horizons and taking into account all views, especially on all things political, but this one is something I'm struggling to understand the opposing viewpoint for sure.

Obama's legacy; when the Harvard teacher had a conflict with local police Obama observed 'it is clear the police acted stupidly'. in fact they were perfectly fair and competent. given the chance to promote understanding and reconciliation, Obama chose to blindly fault the white police.
Obama once said that 'If I had a son he would look like Trayvon Martin'. how about actions? would he be proud of a mythical son that roamed the streets, took selfies with guns, and assaulted a community volunteer? Obama had the chance to promote some healing here--and force some introspection among the apologists--but chose once again to play the race card for political benefit.
edit on 10.20.23 by Coelacanth55 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2024 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Coelacanth55

Obama's legacy; when the Harvard teacher had a conflict with local police Obama observed 'it is clear the police acted stupidly'. in fact they were perfectly fair and competent. given the chance to promote understanding and reconciliation, Obama chose to blindly fault the white police. Obama once said that 'If I had a son he would look like Trayvon Martin'. how about actions? would he be proud of a mythical son that roamed the streets, took selfies with guns, and assaulted a community volunteer? Obama had the chance to promote some healing here--and force some introspection among the apologists--but chose once again to play the race card for political benefit.

Thanks for that I was going to post it in my response and did not.

When Barack Obama was elected president the excuse for anyone of color ended. He was elected to the highest office and one of the most powerful in the world. When he did that, he should have opened the door for all and instead America was told they were racist. The chance was his and he failed. I hoped he would bring the change. I did not vote for him and did not really like his policy coming in but....when he left everything was racist.

If you deny that, then you are not open to discuss what has happened.

posted on Feb, 13 2024 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I felt Obama did more to advance equality amongst races than almost all other presidents combined.

And I think just the opposite.

Apparently, for reasons I don't understand folks on this board believe that equality is bad.

People don't think equality is bad. People think the racist political DEI program is bad. That's two different things.

generations of INEQUALITY caused DEI to be a necessary thing.

DEI is racist and is itself a glaring example of inequality.
It's not a fix. It's a mess.

the fact that we still have white supremacists walking around is an indication we have a long way to go to fix things.

I bet there are more anti-white black supremacists than anti-black white supremacists walking around.

posted on Feb, 13 2024 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Coelacanth55
Obama's legacy; when the Harvard teacher had a conflict with local police Obama observed 'it is clear the police acted stupidly'. in fact they were perfectly fair and competent. given the chance to promote understanding and reconciliation, Obama chose to blindly fault the white police.
Obama once said that 'If I had a son he would look like Trayvon Martin'. how about actions? would he be proud of a mythical son that roamed the streets, took selfies with guns, and assaulted a community volunteer? Obama had the chance to promote some healing here

Don't forget the ol ... 'that's how white people will do you' ...
HERE

AND the anti-white 'don't trust white people' line in his NETFLIX film
HERE

AND we have Michelle Obama complaining that she was supposedly 'invisible' to white people because she was a black woman. Absurd nonsense.
HERE

posted on Feb, 13 2024 @ 01:11 PM
link   

And the fact that we still have white supremacists walking around is an indication we have a long way to go to fix things.

Do me a favor, go outside and take a walk around then report back how many white supremacists you see.
If the number is less than one you should probably rethink your opinion.

edit on 2 13 2024 by underpass61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2024 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Yeah. Michelles BS Ice Cream Story....I remember that one.

posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Joe can't help being a racist. The latest story has him using a black family as a political prop, and he visits them, gives them fried chicken, while he eats a hamburger.

Imagine if Trump did something like that. The leftist news called the food "cookout" food, and obviously did not want to actually list specifically what food the Biden team brought there.

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: Klassified
No, racism is the goal here...yet again.

Having a separate 'black national anthem' and whining that everyone needs to stand for it ... talk about segregation! I don't understand why people can't see this for what it is ... it's divisive and causes separation instead of togetherness and cohesiveness.

Isn't that in line with the nation's trackrecord? The same nation that is glorified by the national anthem. Causing people to worship the state and become infatuated with nationalism.

A national anthem often is, in effect, a hymn or a prayer set to music. The Encyclopedia Americana (1956) says: “Love of fatherland and pride in one’s country are the keynotes of most national anthems, and in many, religious feeling is blended with patriotic sentiment.”

In our age, “nationalism’s chief symbol of faith and central object of worship is the flag,” wrote historian Carlton Hayes. “Men bare their heads when the flag passes by; and in praise of the flag poets write odes and children sing hymns.” Nationalism, he added, also has its “holy days,” such as the Fourth of July in the United States, as well as its “saints and heroes” and its “temples,” or shrines. In a public ceremony in Brazil, the minister general of the army acknowledged: “The flag is venerated and worshiped . . . just as the Fatherland is worshiped.” Yes, “the flag, like the cross, is sacred,” The Encyclopedia Americana once observed.

The aforementioned encyclopedia more recently noted that national anthems “are expressions of patriotic feeling and often include an invocation for divine guidance and protection of the people or their rulers.”

From 1979:

“Twenty-five years ago this June,” observes the Catholic Jesuit magazine America, “Americans piously inserted the phrase ‘under God’ into the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag.” In reflecting on the reason for this move, America says that “most who supported the change in wording (and there were few who did not) frankly admitted that the inclusion of God was a political, not a religious, act.” In those days of fervent anti-Communism, notes the article, “the Catholic War Veterans of Wayne County, Mich., resolved that letting God into the Pledge would give ‘additional meaning to the spiritual defense of our nation.’ God . . . was being recalled to active duty.”

The significance of this was expressed by one religious writer of the time who said that, by putting God into the pledge, America was “adopting a God of war who appears as a nationalistic deity directing bombs and bullets into the hearts of our enemies.” Observes America: “Quite simply, the nation was afraid of the future, and it tried to meet this fear by having its children parrot in singsong fashion just how good it actually was. The Pledge was to be a spiritual boot [military training] camp for babes.”

Do you want your children to learn about a nationalistic “God of war” or, rather, about the “God of peace” as revealed in the Bible? (Phil. 4:9) America draws this conclusion: “The phrase ‘under God’ is the concrete symbol of what was, 25 years ago, and may still be, the established American religion: worship of the state. We ought to drop it.”​—June 9, 1979, pp. 469, 470.

Note God’s command to his prophet Jeremiah, who lived in the midst of a people who professed to serve God but whose society was permeated with stealing, murdering, committing of adultery, false swearing and idolatry: “Do not pray in behalf of this people, neither raise in their behalf an entreating cry or a prayer nor beseech me, for I shall not be listening to you.” (Jer. 7:9, 16; 11:14; 14:11)

Pardon the title of the video below, not my choice (just like "negro" wasn't yours):

How about a song that glorifies Jesus or God instead before every Super Bowl game? Plenty of people in the crowd that profess to be Christians.

Luke 6:46 (Jesus talking): “Why, then, do you call me ‘Lord! Lord!’ but do not do the things I say?”

For example: “Little children, guard yourselves from idols.” (1 John 5:21; technically, John said that, but it has Jesus' seal of approval, it is in accordance with Jesus' teachings, I could probably find Jesus saying something similar somewhere if I look a bit harder.)

Idol, Idolatry (Insight on the Scriptures)

An idol is an image, a representation of anything, or a symbol that is an object of passionate devotion, whether material or imagined. Generally speaking, idolatry is the veneration, love, worship, or adoration of an idol.

Remember? In a public ceremony in Brazil, the minister general of the army acknowledged: “The flag is venerated and worshiped . . . just as the Fatherland is worshiped.” Yes, “the flag, like the cross, is sacred,” The Encyclopedia Americana once observed.

So yes, the flag is an idol (for many people). A nation, or "the Fatherland" can be too (notice the mention of another idol there at the end as well). National anthems help with idolizing a nation or the flag representing that nation. So Jesus' question is quite pertinent and applicable to those I described just before quoting Luke 6:46.

“You hypocrites, Isaiah aptly prophesied about you when he said: ‘This people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. It is in vain that they keep worshipping me, for they teach commands of men as doctrines.’” (Matthew 15:7-9; Jesus talking again)

Just to show what text Jesus was referring to there (so one doesn't misinterpret the "me" in there):

Isaiah 29:13

13 Jehovah says: “This people approach me with their mouth

And they honor me with their lips,

But their heart is far removed from me;

And their fear of me is based on commands of men that they have been taught.

Trinity Doctrine, A False Teaching Of Man, Council of Nicaea

John 8:42-47,54,55

42 Jesus said to them: “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and I am here. I have not come of my own initiative, but that One sent me. 43 Why do you not understand what I am saying? Because you cannot listen to* [Or “accept.”] my word. 44 You are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your father. That one was a murderer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the lie. 45 Because I, on the other hand, tell you the truth, you do not believe me. 46 Who of you convicts me of sin? If I speak truth, why is it that you do not believe me? 47 The one who is from God listens to the sayings of God. This is why you do not listen, because you are not from God.”
. . .
54 Jesus answered: “If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing. It is my Father who glorifies me, the one who you say is your God. 55 Yet you have not known him, but I know him. And if I said I do not know him, I would be like you, a liar. But I do know him and am observing his word.

"Observing" in that context means "obeying".
edit on 17-2-2024 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 04:07 PM
link   

And the fact that we still have white supremacists walking around is an indication we have a long way to go to fix things.

originally posted by: underpass61

Do me a favor, go outside and take a walk around then report back how many white supremacists you see.
If the number is less than one you should probably rethink your opinion.

Or he could just stick his head in the sand (or a rabbit hole) until he dies and he'll never see them. He can also stick his fingers in his ears and go "La,la,la,la" and maybe he won't have to hear them either. He might even be able to follow the rabbit all the way to La La Land/Wonderland (reference to Alice in Wonderland).

In reality though, 2 walking around anywhere in the US, without them being there where you are walking outside your house, warrants the statement that was made by VoiceofReality (what an appropiate name given your rather unreasonable response strawmanning his statement).

Ooh, what a lot of flags, think I just said something about that:

Nah, never happened, 'la la la la'? Or are we gonna do the strawmanning again? Maybe a red herring (making an irrelevant point to distract from the reality/truth of the matter)? Or just silence? Just a simple acknowledgement is probably too much to ask for.

“Look out that no one takes you captive by means of the philosophy and empty deception according to human tradition, according to the elementary things of the world and not according to Christ;” “We have much to say about him, and it is difficult to explain, because you have become dull in your hearing. For although by now* [Lit., “in view of the time.”] you should be teachers, you again need someone to teach you from the beginning the elementary things of the sacred pronouncements of God, and you have gone back to needing milk, not solid food. For everyone who continues to feed on milk is unacquainted with the word of righteousness, for he is a young child. But solid food belongs to mature people, to those who through use have their powers of discernment* [Or “their perceptive powers.”] trained to distinguish both right and wrong.” (Col 2:8; Hebrews 5:11-14)

Matthew 13:13-15 (Jesus talking)

That is why I speak to them by the use of illustrations; for looking, they look in vain, and hearing, they hear in vain, nor do they get the sense of it. 14 And the prophecy of Isaiah is being fulfilled in their case. It says: ‘You will indeed hear but by no means get the sense of it, and you will indeed look but by no means see. 15 For the heart of this people has grown unreceptive, and with their ears they have heard without response, and they have shut their eyes, so that they might never see with their eyes and hear with their ears and get the sense of it with their hearts and turn back and I heal them.’

Ooh, another prophecy from Isaiah (just like in my previous comment). Jesus sure likes to bring those up doesn't he? Perhaps, unlike some others who profess to be Christians, because he actually obeys God's word (as mentioned in the last quotation in my previous comment, at the end):

“Do not treat prophecies with contempt. Make sure of all things; hold fast to what is fine” (1 Thessalonians 5:20,21)

“But let God be found true, even if every man be found a liar.” (Romans 3:4)

“For though we walk in the flesh, we do not wage warfare* [“We do not wage warfare.” Lit., “we are not doing military service.” ...; Lat., non . . . mi·li·ta'mus.] according to what we are in the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not fleshly, but powerful by God for overturning strongly entrenched things. For we are overturning reasonings and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God;” (2 Cor 10:3-5)

“A careful review of all the information available goes to show that, until the time of Marcus Aurelius [121-180 C.E.], no Christian became a soldier; and no soldier, after becoming a Christian, remained in military service.” (The Rise of Christianity, by E. W. Barnes, 1947, p. 333) “It will be seen presently that the evidence for the existence of a single Christian soldier between 60 and about 165 A.D. is exceedingly slight; . . . up to the reign of Marcus Aurelius at least, no Christian would become a soldier after his baptism.” (The Early Church and the World, by C. J. Cadoux, 1955, pp. 275, 276) “In the second century, Christianity . . . had affirmed the incompatibility of military service with Christianity.” (A Short History of Rome, by G. Ferrero and C. Barbagallo, 1919, p. 382) “The behavior of the Christians was very different from that of the Romans. . . . Since Christ had preached peace, they refused to become soldiers.” (Our World Through the Ages, by N. Platt and M. J. Drummond, 1961, p. 125) “The first Christians thought it was wrong to fight, and would not serve in the army even when the Empire needed soldiers.” (The New World’s Foundations in the Old, by R. and W. M. West, 1929, p. 131) “The Christians . . . shrank from public office and military service.” (Editorial introduction to “Persecution of the Christians in Gaul, A.D. 177,” in The Great Events by Famous Historians, edited by R. Johnson, 1905, Vol. III, p. 246) “While they [the Christians] inculcated the maxims of passive obedience, they refused to take any active part in the civil administration or the military defence of the empire. . . . It was impossible that the Christians, without renouncing a more sacred duty, could assume the character of soldiers, of magistrates, or of princes.”—The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, by Edward Gibbon, Vol. I, p. 416.

Coming back to my previous comment which discusses the topic of nationalism (as it is associated to the national anthem, worship and veneration of the flag, and worship of the state). Since 1914, two world wars and over a hundred smaller conflicts have spilled an ocean of blood. A century ago, French writer Guy de Maupassant said that “the egg from which wars are hatched” is patriotism, which he called “a kind of religion.” In fact, The Encyclopedia of Religion says that patriotism’s cousin, nationalism, “has become a dominant form of religion in the modern world, preempting a void left by the deterioration of traditional religious values.” (Italics added.) By failing to promote true worship, false religion created the spiritual vacuum into which nationalism was able to pour.

Nowhere was this better illustrated than in Nazi Germany, whose citizens at the beginning of World War II claimed to be 94.4 percent Christian. Of all places, Germany​—birthplace of Protestantism and praised in 1914 by Pope Pius X as home of “the best Catholics in the world”—​should have represented the very best that Christendom had to offer.

Significantly, Catholic Adolf Hitler found readier support among Protestants than among Catholics. Predominantly Protestant districts gave him 20 percent of their votes in the 1930 elections, Catholic districts only 14 percent. And the first absolute majority for the Nazi Party in state elections was in 1932 in Oldenburg, a district 75 percent Protestant.

Apparently, the “void left by the deterioration of traditional religious values” was greater in Protestantism than in Catholicism. Understandably so. Liberalized theology and higher criticism of the Bible were mainly the product of German-speaking Protestant theologians.
Context (playlist).

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 04:42 PM
link   

There is no reasoning with...

So just enjoy some Bob Marley instead (better use of your time):

Bob Marley good stuff (playlist)

Not that their viewpoints, arguments, points or remarks are all that hard to understand in the first place (or which buttons are being pushed with this thread or those arguments, points or remarks), nor the source of that way of thinking and feeling (molding minds and hearts*). To find out who that source is (cause it's a single person, actually, "the ruler of this world" and "god of this system of things" "who is misleading the entire inhabited earth"; John 12:31,14:30; 2 Cor. 4:4, and Rev 12:9), you could watch the other playlist I linked in my previous comment at the end (you might want to start at the beginning then). "Find out" as in analyzing the evidence for his existence, activities and influence as described there at Rev. 12:9 (the last quote). Or just listen carefully to Bob Marley, he sings about him in the songs in the playlist above several times. In the first song already. Plus it has a nice tune, good for the mood and the heart (and the lyrics can have a beneficial effect on both mind and heart).

*: “And stop being molded by this system of things,* [ Or “this age.”] but be transformed by making your mind over, so that you may prove to yourselves the good and acceptable and perfect will of God.” (Romans 12:2)

“For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the wholesome* [Or “healthful; beneficial.”] teaching, but according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled.* [Or “to tell them what they want to hear.”] They will turn away from listening to the truth and give attention to false stories.” (2 Timothy 4:3,4)

“So we should no longer be children, tossed about as by waves and carried here and there by every wind of teaching by means of the trickery of men, by means of cunning in deceptive schemes.” (Ephesians 4:14)

I talked earlier about "this source" being a single person, but that's not to say he doesn't have an army of pawns and victims to do his bidding and spread his ideology further, both human and spirit.

“However, the inspired word clearly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to misleading inspired statements and teachings of demons, by means of the hypocrisy of men who speak lies, whose conscience is seared as with a branding iron.”(1 Timothy 4:1,2). That last expression means their conscience is numb to feeling the beneficial feelings their conscience would otherwise tell them to feel. Both their hearts and minds are corrupted (diseased). 2 Timothy 3:1-9:

But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5 having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power; and from these turn away. 6 From among these arise men who slyly work their way into households and captivate weak women loaded down with sins, led by various desires, 7 always learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth.

8 Now in the way that Janʹnes and Jamʹbres opposed Moses, so these also go on opposing the truth. Such men are completely corrupted in mind, disapproved as regards the faith. 9 Nevertheless, they will make no further progress, for their folly will be very plain to all, as it was with those two men.
("corrupted in mind", i.e. mentally diseased, insane)

Understanding (Aid to Bible Understanding)

RELATIONSHIP TO KNOWLEDGE AND WISDOM

Understanding must be based on knowledge, and works with knowledge, though it is itself more than mere knowledge. The extent and worth of one’s understanding is measurably affected by the quantity and quality of one’s knowledge. Knowledge is acquaintance with facts, and the greatest and most fundamental fact is God, his existence, his invincible purpose, his ways. Understanding enables the person to relate the knowledge he acquires to God’s purpose and standards and thereby assess or evaluate such knowledge. The “understanding heart is one that searches for knowledge”; it is not satisfied with a mere superficial view but seeks to get the full picture. (Prov. 15:14) Knowledge must become ‘pleasant to one’s very soul’ if discernment is to safeguard one from perversion and deception.—Prov. 2:10, 11; 18:15.

Proverbs 1:1-6 shows that the “man of understanding is the one who acquires skillful direction, to understand a proverb and a puzzling saying, the words of wise persons and their riddles.” These must not be things said merely to pass the time away in idle conversation, for wise persons would not customarily waste time in such manner, but must refer to instruction, questions and problems that discipline and train the mind and heart in right principles, thereby equipping the learner for wise action in the future. (Compare Psalm 49:3, 4.) Knowledge and understanding together bring wisdom, which is the “prime thing,” the ability to bring a fund of knowledge and keen understanding to bear on problems with successful results. (Prov. 4:7) The person who is rightly motivated seeks understanding, not out of mere curiosity or to exalt himself, but for the very purpose of acting in wisdom; ‘wisdom is before his face.’ (Prov. 17:24) He is not like those in the apostle Paul’s day who assumed to be teachers of others but were “puffed up with pride, not understanding anything,” unwisely letting themselves become “mentally diseased over questionings and debates about words,” things that produce disunity and a host of bad results.—1 Tim. 6:3-5; see KNOWLEDGE; WISDOM.

1 Timothy 6:3-5

3 If any man teaches another doctrine and does not agree with the wholesome instruction, which is from our Lord Jesus Christ, nor with the teaching that is in harmony with godly devotion, 4 he is puffed up with pride and does not understand anything. He is obsessed with arguments and debates about words. These things give rise to envy, strife, slander, wicked suspicions, 5 constant disputes about minor matters by men who are corrupted in mind and deprived of the truth, thinking that godly devotion is a means of gain.

Demonstrated on ATS all the time (hence, evidence for the trustworthiness and accuracy of the Bible, and that there really is "beneficial teaching" in it, in spite of the impression that you may have gotten from "this system of things" and its god and ruler in his effort to make you ignore it, or become dull to hearing it, unreceptive, even to the point of being unwilling "to put up with it"; see earlier quotations from Heb 5:11-14 and Matthew 13:13-15 in my previous commentary, I was also quoting 2 Timothy 4:3,4 again).

It happens even to the most intelligent (cunning) among us:

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic
...Or just silence? ...

In the words of Bob Marley (song lyrics "Survival"):

How can you be sitting there
Telling me that you care
That you care?
When every time I look around,
The people suffer in the suffering
In every way, in everywhere

Just to be clear, the questions I was raising there, were not just for the one I was responding to. Yes, they were rhetorical.

Coming back to the box about "understanding" and its relationship to knowledge and wisdom, and in particular the line:

Knowledge and understanding together bring wisdom, which is the “prime thing,” the ability to bring a fund of knowledge and keen understanding to bear on problems with successful results. (Prov. 4:7)

Proverbs 4:7 (the link is for the context, which is pretty good and beneficial as well)

Wisdom is the most important* [Or “the prime.”] thing, so acquire wisdom,

And with all you acquire, acquire understanding.

Wisdom is used as the opposite of foolishness in the Bible (stiff-necked foolishness one of the worst kinds, perhaps even the worst, causing a corruption of the mind/insanity; also, rather than denoting a person who is lacking in mental ability, the word “fool,” as used in the Bible, generally refers to an individual who spurns reason and follows a morally insensible course out of harmony with God’s righteous standards). Many people in this world seriously need help, but they won't allow it ("they will not put up with" it, 2 Tim 4:3,4). They've been conditioned not to recognize they need help, not to seek it, and even not to put up with it. Even getting offended and/or angry at the mere suggestion they need help and healing (of both their hearts and minds). And then, even with the slim chance that they can overcome all these barriers, then they seek help in the wrong place (see Matthew 13:13-15). More on that later. Anyway, whenever the subject of both wisdom and knowledge comes up in my commentary, I like to bring up this scene, I love that one:

Coming back to seeking help in the wrong place (warning, this isn't quite the "milk" spoken of at Heb 5:11-14 anymore, it's a bit harder to chew on and digest):

This one is a bit more 'milky':

And Bob Marley sings about it again as well (Rastafarianism is included as part of Babylon the Great/false religion though):

So don't do the chanting thingy, just enjoy the lyrics (see ending of my signature):

Is anyone beginning to understand why I like some of Bob Marley songs now? Even though as a Rastafari he would be an adherent of Babylon the Great/false religion* (who isn't? In this world? Or at least affected? Not many, and certainly not any famous singer in "this system of things", 2 Cor 4:4). *: 'A rotten tree producing worthless fruit' if you use Jesus' metaphor quoted in the video "The End of False Religion Is Near!"

2 Corinthians 4:3-9

If, in fact, the good news we declare is veiled, it is veiled among those who are perishing, 4 among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that the illumination* [Or “light.”] of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through. 5 For we are preaching, not about ourselves, but about Jesus Christ as Lord and ourselves as your slaves for Jesus’ sake. 6 For God is the one who said: “Let the light shine out of darkness,” and he has shone on our hearts to illuminate them with the glorious knowledge of God by the face of Christ.

7 However, we have this treasure in earthen vessels, so that the power beyond what is normal may be God’s and not from us. 8 We are hard-pressed in every way, but not cramped beyond movement; we are perplexed, but not absolutely with no way out;* [Or possibly, “but not left in despair.”] 9 we are persecuted, but not abandoned; we are knocked down, but not destroyed.

This would also be a good time to click the link to the playlist that says "Context (playlist)" in one of my previous comments (concerning verse 8 and 9 above).

More of the good stuff, beneficial for heart and mind (I like the 2nd one even better than the first; warning: if it touches your heart and mind, there may be some tears of joy involved
The 2nd song gets me everytime.):

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

You have a funny ( ironic) name in light of the things I've just quoted about a corruption of the mind. Not the previous comment but the one before that (has the most about that subject, all comments are a continuation of my first comment in this thread*).

*: Starting with national anthems > national flags > nationalism and patriotism > worship of the state > idolatry (also discussed under #14 in the video "Thirty Identifying Marks of False Christian Religions"; associated topic: where not to seek for healing/help) > the resulting corruption of the mind and heart > who can heal people if they allow it, are receptive to it (Jesus, see Matthew 13:15 quoted before, OK, I discussed and quoted that one earlier, in my first comment already) > what else is beneficial (teaching) for both heart and mind (i.e. has healing power).

Revelation 22:1,2 (last chapter in the Bible)

And he showed me a river of water of life, clear as crystal, flowing out from the throne of God and of the Lamb down the middle of its main street. On both sides of the river were trees of life producing 12 crops of fruit, yielding their fruit each month. And the leaves of the trees were for the healing of the nations.

You do have to take your medicine of course, otherwise it can never work (that was a general "you", unlike the "you" at the start of this comment). And stop acting like a baby about it,
it doesn't even have a bad taste. Actually, there's nothing else on ATS or in the world that tastes better or is anywhere near as beneficial. And get it before it's gone, cause TPTB on ATS have a knack for removing (your access to) it and replacing it with crap/filth/excrement.

Proverbs 30:12

There is a generation that is pure in its own eyes

But has not been cleansed from its filth.* [Lit., “excrement.”]

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Look at all those flags! The conditioning and brainwashing with the false religion of nationalism I'm talking about is real people, worship of the state, idolizing a nation (idolatry, the flag becoming an idol). The photo was concerning a protest in Israel against Netanyahu. The Dutch state sponsored 'news' (propaganda) site said something about them not being happy with how he handled the war against Hamas. Of course they're not going to protest for the right reasons*, sigh.

*: love for their brothers and sisters in Palestine accompanied by a willingness to forgive those suckered in by Hamas, and Satan's ideologies of hatred and resentment, which is part of his 'Divide and Conquer' agenda (both the Israeli government, the IDF leadership and Hamas all serving the same master, and doing his bidding, their spiritual father, "the ruler of this world" and "god of this system of things", John 12:31, 2 Cor 4:4).

... The emphasis on nationalism and sovereignty denies the basic concept that we all belong to the same human family, regardless of linguistic or cultural differences. And that denial leads to wars.

Yes, the experts can come up with all kinds of explanations of why man systematically sets out to destroy those of his own kind. Yet there is one primary factor that most commentators ignore.

The Hidden Cause of War

The history of war and its causes should not be considered without taking into account a much greater conflict that has deeply affected mankind. It is clearly identified in the Bible. This ancient book shows that a powerful spirit creature, driven by selfish ambition, raised himself up in opposition to God. (Job 1:6-12; 2:1-7) He initiated a rebellion in heaven and on earth and, along with that, introduced disobedience, imperfection, sin, and death to the human family. (Genesis 3:1-7) Thus, Jesus when on earth could identify his religious enemies by saying: “You are from your father the Devil . . . That one was a manslayer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. . . . He is a liar and the father of the lie.”​—John 8:44.

This rebel spirit creature, Satan (meaning, Adversary) the Devil (meaning, Accuser, Slanderer), has ruled and divided the nations for thousands of years. He has achieved invisible control over the nations by means of political power. What basis do we have for such an assertion? The fact that when he tempted Christ he could show him “all the kingdoms of the world and their glory” and then say: “All these things I will give you if you fall down and do an act of worship to me.” Christ did not deny Satan’s control over “all the kingdoms of the world.” He rejected the temptation, saying: “It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.”​—Matthew 4:1, 8-10.

By every possible political ruse and diversion, Satan has turned mankind away from the only true way to peace. The vast majority of humankind are loyal to political systems that are, by definition, antagonistic. They will not and cannot establish true peace for the human race because they are under the influence of the wrong god​—the god who “is misleading the entire inhabited earth”—​Satan. Consequently, explicitly or implicitly, they reject the only true way to peace.​—Revelation 12:9; 2 Corinthians 4:4.

But, you might ask, ‘What is the true way to make peace a reality? What will bring about such a transformation? And what must I do to inherit that peace?’ The following article will consider those questions.

Source: War—Why? (Awake!—1986)

How much longer will "the nations" allow themselves to be played like that by this fella? When will the "healing of the nations" begin (Rev 22:1,2)? Next page:

How Can Peace Become a Reality? (Awake!—1986)

At least all of us can start with the...

Best focus on the lyrics, not the music video (lots of misleading stuff in there that may give the wrong impression; but I think I already quoted Jesus on the following: "All the works they do, they do to be seen by men", Matthew 23:5. Oh no, that was another thread about the elderly woman that got dismissed from a charity organization, who seemed to have a different motive, than what is described there by Jesus, for doing volunteer work, I explained why I suspect that in that thread).

Context (playlist):

the bible-accurate history reliable prophecy part 1 of 3
edit on 18-2-2024 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic
... Of course they're not going to protest for the right reasons*, sigh.

*: love for their brothers and sisters in Palestine accompanied by a willingness to forgive those suckered in by Hamas, and Satan's ideologies of hatred and resentment, which is part of his 'Divide and Conquer' agenda ...

Jesus said to the religious leaders of his day:

“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you give the tenth of the mint and the dill and the cumin, but you have disregarded the weightier* [Or “more important.”] matters of the Law, namely, justice and mercy and faithfulness.* [Or “faith.”] These things it was necessary to do, yet not to disregard the other things. Blind guides,who strain out the gnat but gulp down the camel!” (Matthew 23:23,24)

“But woe to YOU Pharisees, because YOU give the tenth of the mint and the rue and of every [other] vegetable, but YOU pass by the justice* [Or, “the judgment.”] and the love of God! These things YOU were under obligation to do, but those other things not to omit.” (Luke 11:42)

Concerning Jehovah and his holy spirit (his active force with which he accomplishes his holy will)...

He throws 4 (or gives, provides; I've already talked extensively about these):

knowledge
understanding / insight (slight nuance in meaning, but you can count this as 1)
discernment
wisdom

And then you get to 8 (which is up to us, "Man in the Mirror"-style):

love
justice
mercy (forgiveness, a willingness to forgive)
faithfulness (or true spirituality that comes from obedience, faith that is not dead because it's accompanied by works, see James ch.2, in particular verses 14-26)

You know what, I'll quote it, starting with verse 13 cause "mercy" and "judgment" (which concerns justice, see footnote in Luke) are mentioned there as well (these 4 are the principles of "the Law"). Oh, I'll start with verse 10, since it's relevant to the topic of doing and supporting (or promoting) military service and engaging or supporting (or promoting) war (as well as obedience, exercising faith):

10 For if anyone obeys all the Law but makes a false step in one point, he has become an offender against all of it. 11 For the one who said, “You must not commit adultery,” also said, “You must not murder.” If, now, you do not commit adultery but you do murder, you have become a transgressor of law. 12 Keep on speaking and behaving in such a way as those do who are going to be judged by the law of a free people.* [Lit., “law of freedom.”] 13 For the one who does not practice mercy will have his judgment without mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment.

14 Of what benefit is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but he does not have works? That faith cannot save him, can it? 15 If any brothers or sisters are lacking clothing* [Lit., “are naked.”] and enough food for the day, 16 yet one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but you do not give them what they need for their body, of what benefit is it? 17 So, too, faith by itself, without works, is dead.

18 Nevertheless, someone will say: “You have faith, and I have works. Show me your faith without the works, and I will show you my faith by my works.” 19 You believe that there is one God, do you? You are doing quite well. And yet the demons believe and shudder. 20 But do you care to know, O empty man, that faith without works is useless? 21 Was not Abraham our father declared righteous by works after he offered up Isaac his son on the altar? 22 You see that his faith was active along with his works and his faith was perfected by his works, 23 and the scripture was fulfilled that says: “Abraham put faith in Jehovah, and it was counted to him as righteousness,” and he came to be called Jehovah’s friend.

24 You see that a man is to be declared righteous by works and not by faith alone. 25 In the same manner, was not Raʹhab the prostitute also declared righteous by works after she received the messengers hospitably and sent them out by another way? 26 Indeed, just as the body without spirit* [Or “breath.”] is dead, so also faith without works is dead.

Or you can count 9, but since all of the ones quoted below are summed up in the "love of God" (Luke 11:42), you have 8 again (these are slightly different though than what I discussed before).

“On the other hand, the fruitage of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, mildness, self-control. Against such things there is no law.” (Galatians 5:22,23)

Matthew 22:34-40

After the Pharisees heard that he had silenced the Sadducees, they came together in one group. And one of them, versed in the Law, tested him by asking: “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” He said to him: “‘You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.’ This is the greatest and first commandment. The second, like it, is this: ‘You must love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments the whole Law hangs, and the Prophets.”

As we have seen, love of God involves obeying him and keeping his commandments in response to the love he has shown us. For those who love God, doing his will is not a burden; it brings them delight.—Psalm 40:8; 1 John 5:2, 3.

“By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and carry out his commandments. 3 For this is what the love of God means, that we observe his commandments; and yet his commandments are not burdensome,” (1 John 5:2,3)

The second greatest commandment, Jesus said, is linked to the first: “You must love your neighbor as yourself.” (Matthew 22:39) It is to this commandment that we can now give some attention, and for good reason. The times in which we live are marked by a selfish, distorted form of love (Michael Jackson mentions it in his song "Man in the Mirror"). In his inspired description of “the last days,” the apostle Paul wrote that people would love, not one another, but themselves, money, and pleasures. Many would have “no natural affection,” or as one Bible translation puts it, they would “lack normal affection for their families.” (2 Timothy 3:1-4) Jesus Christ foretold: “Many . . . will betray one another and will hate one another. . . . The love of the greater number will cool off.”​—Matthew 24:10, 12.

Notice, however, that Jesus did not say that the love of everyone would cool off. There have always been and will always be those who display the sort of love that Jehovah both requires and deserves. Those who truly love Jehovah will strive to view others as he does.

Never should we forget, therefore, that love of neighbor is linked to love of God. Though Jesus helped the poor, healed the sick, and fed the hungry, his motive for doing all these things as well as for teaching the crowds was to help people become reconciled to Jehovah. (2 Corinthians 5:19) Jesus did all things for God’s glory, never forgetting that he represented and reflected the God whom he loved. (1 Corinthians 10:31) By imitating Jesus’ example, we too can show genuine love of neighbor and at the same time remain no part of the world of wicked mankind.
edit on 18-2-2024 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join