It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here we go....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 10:23 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Supreme Court hears Trump ballot oral arguments

SCOTUS begins hearing oral arguments for Trump to be removed from Colorado's ballot.

Now this is not a can of worms, but a big barrel of snakes. If they say Trump can be removed, that opens it up for other Democrat states to do the same.
That also allows Republican states to remove Biden from their election for all the scandals surrounding him and his family...and I HOPE THEY DO. Then, the Democrats start screaming " Political Witch Hunt ! " "Election Interference ! ".

Which this has been all along. The Left has gone after Trump for years and even swore to impeach him before he ever took office. If you can't see that by now, you're just willfully blind and ignorant.

Keep in mind...YOU started this. YOU laid out the rules, so don't whine when they turn the tables and play by those rules.

I'm betting that, to our Leftist members, this makes me a Super Ultra Right Wing MAGA.

No.

At the risk of repeating myself for the hundredth time, I don't like Trump. I do think he's a better President than Joe, so if I have to eat a sh** sandwich I'd like to have the one with less turds on it.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

my apologies i thought you said you would still support those 2 clowns..
edit on 8-2-2024 by SomeStupidName because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I couldn't agree more. Very obvious witch hunt. Can't believe a lot of people still don't see it.

originally posted by: DAVID64
www.foxnews.com...

SCOTUS begins hearing oral arguments for Trump to be removed from Colorado's ballot.

Now this is not a can of worms, but a big barrel of snakes. If they say Trump can be removed, that opens it up for other Democrat states to do the same.
That also allows Republican states to remove Biden from their election for all the scandals surrounding him and his family...and I HOPE THEY DO. Then, the Democrats start screaming " Political Witch Hunt ! " "Election Interference ! ".

Which this has been all along. The Left has gone after Trump for years and even swore to impeach him before he ever took office. If you can't see that by now, you're just willfully blind and ignorant.

Keep in mind...YOU started this. YOU laid out the rules, so don't whine when they turn the tables and play by those rules.

I'm betting that, to our Leftist members, this makes me a Super Ultra Right Wing MAGA.

No.

At the risk of repeating myself for the hundredth time, I don't like Trump. I do think he's a better President than Joe, so if I have to eat a sh** sandwich I'd like to have the one with less turds on it.

edit on 2/8/2024 by cdf21882 because: Bad grammar.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Listened to part of it on TV and got bored and turned it off.
I'll wait for the end result.
I'm not a Trump fan, but this is obviously election interference.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I just don't understand why this specific issue is continuing to be pressed and contested.

Personally, I believe this entire dog and pony show has been over the completely incorrect issue this entire time, which has lead to his losses. Immunity seems like the go-to on the surface, but I personally believe the erection incitement should be the focal point and whether or not it (il)legally happened, then work backwards from there on the election mumbo jumbo.

Unless this is some sort of quantumly entangled 7th dimensional nuclear chess? Who knows.

I do agree though that no matter which way this goes, it's going to be a blood bath for all of the states looking to bar Biden as well. I would still rather it not be, I think it would be nice to get the country back on track - directly in spite of Congress's best efforts to flush it down the toilet.

I'll admit, as an independent/libertarian, I'm a Trump fan. He's a giant ass, but the best president I've seen in my lifetime. I'd love to see him come out on top and be on the ballots everywhere, but if I can't have that, I can at least see the Left and the Right cry equal amounts of tears. THAT I can settle for...
edit on 8-2-2024 by dothedew because: I forgot to do the things

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Unfortunately, the tables are rarely turned on the left. At the end of the day, for those generally in power it's the same agenda. So why would the "other side" truly try to flip the tables.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Colorado guy trying hard to set precedent for hearsay, conjecture, and assumptive deduction as genuine evidence without any proof. 😀😀

The CO Lower Court ruling was rigged to allow The CO Supreme Court to rule like it did. Case was scripted and rigged from the start. Clever but illegal. 😀

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: captinofcats

Scoring political points.

A lot of Conservatives are gonna be pissed if they take Trump off the ballot so when they come up for re election, they can tell their constituents they tried.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 11:17 AM
link   

www.foxnews.com...

..... If they say Trump can be removed, that opens it up for other Democrat states to do the same.
That also allows Republican states to remove Biden from their election for all the scandals surrounding him and his family...

Nonsense.

The 14th amendment is specific. Disqualification is because of insurrection against the Constitution, not for scandals and not for anything his family may or may not have done. First, Biden would have to have actually taken some actions that would qualify as insurrection against the Constitution and then there would have to be some deliberative body that gathered evidence and considered the case according to normal standards of evidence, etc.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Might be better to write it in anyways, at least it can’t be presto chango flippity flooped. Magic!

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Kavanaugh points to fact that Trump has not been convicted of insurrection

Well this fact certainly took a while to be brought up.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Boomer1947

And if each state has the power to say who is able to be on the ballot in a national election, what then? A number of states would have one candidate for the people to vote for and other states would have a different candidate. How exactly would that work for the peoples vote?

It should be left up to congress in national election disqualifications. Also Trump has never been charged with insurrection, so how is he disqualified?

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 11:39 AM
link   

..... shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof.

You're right, it is specific. Specifically, there's more to it than insurrection (that has yet to be established or proven).

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 11:46 AM
link   

So the FBI is wrong?

Link

The FBI has found scant evidence that the Jan. 6 attack , opens new tab on the U.S. Capitol was the result of an organized plot to overturn the presidential election result, according to four current and former law enforcement officials. Though federal officials have arrested more than 570 alleged participants, the FBI at this point believes the violence was not centrally coordinated by far-right groups or prominent supporters of then-President Donald Trump, according to the sources, who have been either directly involved in or briefed regularly on the wide-ranging investigations

FBI investigators did find that cells of protesters, including followers of the far-right Oath Keepers and Proud Boys groups, had aimed to break into the Capitol. But they found no evidence that the groups had serious plans about what to do if they made it inside, the sources said.

This should not even be a conversation anymore.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 11:48 AM
link   

While I personally believe what happened on 1/6 was a damn low day for America, I don't think it is good to remove Trump from any ballot unless we have undeniable proof that he intended to use any means possible to stay in power. To me he was smart enough to avoid direct implication. That what I would do also.
But to remove him because you are upset is just not how our country should work. So what now the court system gets to decide whom is a choice for the people to choose from? Talk about taking away the power of the people to choose whom they collectively want to represent them on the highest level.
I certainly hope they understand what could and most likely will happen in a year if they do this.
Personally I don't see America ever being the same be it good or bad.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me, how it was an Insurrection? Isn't that why they are trying to keep him off the ballot?

He has never been charged with insurrection, correct?

Has it been made into law, or whatever, to make it an official insurrection?

If they spent HALF as much time, trying to fix our country, as they do screwing it up, what a great country this could be.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I know of at least 2 that will vote to kick him off the ballot. Elena Kagan and Sonia Sotomayor! 2 liberal social justice judges, constitution be damned.
And it wouldn't surprise me one bit if John Roberts voted to remove.

edit on 8-2-2024 by charlest2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947
Nonsense.

The 14th amendment is specific. Disqualification is because of insurrection against the Constitution, not for scandals and not for anything his family may or may not have done. First, Biden would have to have actually taken some actions that would qualify as insurrection against the Constitution and then there would have to be some deliberative body that gathered evidence and considered the case according to normal standards of evidence, etc.

How many times do you have to be told!? This is the FOURTH time I've personally given you the facts and yet you still ignore them. Do you have a problem with reality?

FBI Confirms There Was No Insurrection On January 6th

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947

www.foxnews.com...

..... If they say Trump can be removed, that opens it up for other Democrat states to do the same.
That also allows Republican states to remove Biden from their election for all the scandals surrounding him and his family...

Nonsense.

while you are spectacularly consistent at being wrong, you haven't missed a beat with this one. Who decides what an insurrection is? Could it be that paying the bail for those arrested for a riot/insurrection of a federal courthouse should also be removed from the ballot?

But neither the United States nor any state shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.

14th amendment, section 4.

or if a President reverses policies that enable an invasion of the United States be no longer allowed to run for office?

Section 1.
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

If any court can decide what and where an insurrection is, then there is nothing to stop other states from removing Joe Biden and or Kamala Harris from the ballot.

To rule to remove Trump would open this up wider than the border is.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 11:58 AM
link   
The ruling is going to be against Colorado. It's looking like 7-2. Possibly even 9-0. But this was the expected outcome.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join