It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Warns Travelers in re Bahamas, Jamaica

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 08:18 PM
link   
www.travelandleisure.com...

The U.S. Department of State is warning travelers to be careful when visiting the Bahamas due to crime and safety issues on the water.

The travel advisory, which was updated on Friday, classifies the Bahamas under a “Level 2,” warning Americans to “exercise increased caution” when visiting, according to the department. The U.S. Embassy in Nassau also issued a security alert, urging Americans to “exercise extreme caution in the eastern part of New Providence Island (Nassau)” and to “not physically resist any robbery attempt” after 18 murders have occurred there since the start of this year.

www.travelandleisure.com...

The U.S. State Department has issued a travel advisory for travelers to Jamaica.

The advisory, which is a "Level 3," encouraging Americans to "reconsider travel" cites "violent crimes, such as home invasions, armed robberies, sexual assaults, and homicides, are common" as the reason for the alert.

The advisory also mentions all-inclusive resorts.

The U.S. Embassy in Jamaica also posted the same advisory.

In addition to the guidance of reconsidering travel, the agency recommends that travelers do not walk or drive at night, and avoid public buses.

I'm pretty sure both those places are governed by far left progressive types.

considering how important tourism is to those economies, this is a concern for them.
will their gummints crack down on the bad boys? or stay true to their prog philosophies and let the criminals flourish, and watch businesses suffer and jobs lost?

I'm sure none of those rude boyz are targeting any gummint officials

hope they get this fixed.

(note to the woke police; 'bad boys' is a reference to the song from Cops. 'rude boyz' is an old Jamaican term for misbehaving young men.)
edit on 10.20.23 by Coelacanth55 because: add content

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Coelacanth55

Both places are Constitutional Monarchies, with King Charles III as the monarch, obviously.

The Governor General of Jamaica (Sir Patrick Allen) is a member of the local Conservative party.

The Governor General of The Bahamas (Cynthia Pratt) is a member of the local Liberal party.

Sorry if that screws up your righteous indignation against liberals.

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947

originally posted by: Coelacanth55

Both places are Constitutional Monarchies, with King Charles III as the monarch, obviously.

The Governor General of Jamaica (Sir Patrick Allen) is a member of the local Conservative party.

The Governor General of The Bahamas (Cynthia Pratt) is a member of the local Liberal party.

Sorry if that screws up your righteous indignation against liberals.

The truth hurts you guys.

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Coelacanth55

Perhaps the elite are clearing the islands of pesky tourists to build more of their bunker-condos in luxurious tropical peace and maybe ship out more stolen kids when there is a natural (ha ha) disaster without there being too much scrutiny from prying eyes.

Watch the news for natural catastrophies over there like typhoons perhaps?

Or maybe it's just good old fashioned opportunists annoyed at the entitlement of the tourists they have to put up with on a daily basis.

Sounds like easy pickings to me.

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 04:41 AM
link   

edit on 2/2/2024 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 04:04 PM
link   
by chance I encountered a lady from Nassau, Bahamas today.

she said she wasn't aware of any crime increase.

she also said the Bahamas had been inundated by (illegal) Haitians lately. so many islands, hard to patrol them all.

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Typhoons?

Hurricanes, maybe.

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Jamaica is currently governed by a nationalist conservative party. I don't think progressivism can be blamed for this one.

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Of course it can. Reds are under the beds every where?

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 01:23 PM
link   
A travel advisory due to crime and safety issues it says.
Huh ... they should issue one for NYC.
The crime from the illegal invasion is out of control there.
'Sanctuary city' and all that comes with it ...

join