It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Alien in the Window

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 07:41 AM
link   
My local newspaper republished a news article from 1994 concerning two women who saw orange lights outside the bungalow (one level property) they were staying in. The bungalow was situated on a remote small farm close to the village of Sproatley, East Riding of Yorkshire, UK. They went out to investigate and were confronted by a 'huge white ball'. Frightened they ran inside and called the police. They were asked if they had a camera and to take photos. One of these photos showed an alien face at the window.

It is pertinent to point out that only 27% of the UK population had a home pc back in 1995 and only a fraction of these had a digital camera. The first consumer point-and-shoot digital camera with a built-in flash, LCD monitor screen and a memory card slot was launched by Kodak in 1996. The first camera phone launched in the UK in 2002. In other words they used a film camera and would have no idea of the quality of the photos which were taken at night.

The original article stated the two women found huge dents in the grass outside the bungalow. They also claimed the hi-fi system turned itself up and that other members of the family witnessed paranormal events. These events are not mentioned in the article. The bungalow was later badly burned in an unexplained fire after one of the sightings. The original article also stated the photos were being examined by American scientists but that the story was soon forgotten

The story was broadcast last year in a BBC podcast called 'Uncanny' which explores paranormal encounters. Following the show a SKY TV installation fitter wrote in explaining that between 1994 and 1996 he was fitting a satellite dish in the same area. The women who lived there told him about an encounter where she saw figures at the bottom of the garden that were covered in marbles to reflect light. At that point the woman's husband came in and when asked about the incident said "I thought we were not talking about that, nor should we . . . I don't like talking about it. It upsets me." He then left the house.

Many enthusiasts offered their own explanations relating to the podcast episode. One pointed out that more than a decade later the two woman had approached local UFO researcher, Paul Sinclair, about their experiences. The account was published in his book Truth-Proof.

"Chris Lawson, a member of the British UFO Research Association, said he believed that their experiences matched other reported sightings of UFOs in the Holderness area. "Miss Walton has confirmed other important UFO phenomena that have happened elsewhere and it is of major importance," he told the Mail." UFO expert John Holman believed both women to be sincere. The news article, which includes the original article from 1994, with further details can be found here

edit on 5-1-2024 by Morrad because: spelling

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Excellent post Morrad
and a bit like the good old ATS. Not sure about the location yet if it's hill country then it all adds up. Orange lights, bright white light. They live up there in some manner. Seen the same around Buxton. Raises hairs on the neck yet these lights are certainly connected with motherships, so makes sense seeing the alien too. Great post thank you

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Thanks orbhunter. I am not sure about the landscape in Sproatley. I will check and report back.

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Morrad

S&F
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 12:27 PM
link   

If there is an entity in the window….

I’m see entity(s) through my Pareidolia eyes…

👽

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

Yes, I'm seeing the same as your first interpretation.

It's almost reptilian...

Something like that could be accomplished with double exposure photography, but if it were done as hoax, it probably would have been a better image.

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

I agree with your reptilian assertion on the first pic.

👍🏼

🍻

👽

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 02:46 PM
link   
How real is that alien in the window?

Perhaps not very, but I do think we're under observation.

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Morrad
Thanks orbhunter. I am not sure about the landscape in Sproatley. I will check and report back.

Sounds totally awesome. What's important regarding the location is high points, top of hills, possibly with associated standing stones. Throw into this location a meeting place of various valleys, a sort of Spaghetti Junction. If this place known as Sproatley ticks the above boxes then one can expect plenty of orange and white type ufo orb activity.

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1

👽
I see a dog
in my head its one of them dogs from the movie turner and hooch

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: alwaysbeenhere2

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1

👽
I see a dog
in my head its one of them dogs from the movie turner and hooch

OK……I could see that…..Labrador Retriever? Hmmm

🍻

👽
edit on 5-1-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

I have pm you Jane.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

That is exactly what I saw.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Seen and replied

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: orbhunter

Sorry to say Sproatley is completely flat but it is not far from Burton Constable. I am pretty sure it has a valley we used to climb as kids.

I have pm you.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 04:03 PM
link   

PM received Morrad, thank you and replied to. After the initial post being honest and realistic about it there was the thought in the back of the head that being in the 'East Riding' things would be, as you state, flat
Personally I have no experience of UFO Orb contact in regions like this flat locality. It's just that my CE's were in hilly zones of Derbyshire. I guess the orbs are pretty much everywhere. An investigation into the local energy / ley lines might throw up a reason for the CE's these ladies experienced. The lights seem to travel on them.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Hi Morrad,

When I saw this story in the news paper, I thought they were referring to the sighting in Hollym years ago, I didn't realise someone else had also had a similar sighting in Sproatly.

It's an interesting story; I always find the Holderness area to be a bit spooky in a kind of paranormal and/or cold war sort of way.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonfly42
Welcome to ATS dragonfly42. I will have to look up the Hollym sighting.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: orbhunter

Interestingly, East Yorkshire is the second most visited place for UFO holidays in the UK according to lateroom.com. It was beaten by North Yorkshire with Kent in 3rd place. The link below is the source which has some of our local UFO sighting.

Link

Ley lines I will have to check out.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Yes plenty of UFOs buzzing around Yorkshire. There might be something in the geology of the area that attracts or supports them. Limestone grit in the Peak District seems to have a link with UFOs.

Defo worth checking out the energy / ley lines that connect various points on Planet Earth. There are some awesome illustrations on line. Just at work at the moment so research is limited, but a check on local ley lines might point to something.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join