It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I Will Incite Them to Jealosy with what is not a People"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2023 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Greets fellow ATSizens. I hope this message finds you and yours in peace. As some may have noticed I am reading through the Bible and posting my progress in this thread.

Many times it is after we are done reading and meditating on a particular thing that something is brought to mind. And more-so when it is reading God's Holy Scripture with prayer and a humble heart to try and to understand the mind of God and his love and mercy and his great wisdom and knowledge.

While I have read these passages many times over the years it appears that God's holy spirit has brought something to my attention that I found most interesting.

At the end of their trek in the wilderness of 40 years as Moses was closing in on the end of his life he made a statement to the nation of Israel:

"You forgot the Rock who fathered you, And you did not remember the God who gave birth to you. When Jehovah saw it, he rejected them Because his sons and his daughters offended him. So he said, ‘I will hide my face from them; I will see what will become of them. For they are a perverse generation, Sons in whom there is no faithfulness. They have incited me to fury with what is not a god; They have offended me with their worthless idols. So I will incite them to jealousy with what is not a people; I will offend them with a foolish nation."-Deuteronomy 32:18-21.

If you recall 3 months after being freed in from bondage to Egypt in the year 1513 B. C. E. the nation of Israel made a covenant with Jehovah God at Mount Sinai that they would follow his laws and give him exclusive devotion and he in turn would be their God, and they would have no other God, and would not make idols, and craven images and be induced to bow down and worship them. There a the foot of Mount Sinai they made this covenant and promised to fulfill it as a whole nation with Jehovah God. Then Jehovah had Moses go up into the mountain for 40 days and 40 nights and during that time the people got tired of waiting for him to come down and told Aaron, his brother, to make them a statue of a calf that they should worship it. They incited Jehovah to anger for breaking the covenant as soon as it was made with them.

Later on Moses went back up into the holy mountain to plead on behalf of the nation of Israel and Jehovah told Moses that he wanted to exterminate them and make a nation out of Moses. And Moses pleaded with Jehovah not to do so. And Jehovah said to not wear their ornaments while he figured out what he was going to do with his people:

"Jehovah said to Moses: “Say to the Israelites, ‘You are an obstinate people. In one moment I could go through the midst of you and exterminate you. So now keep your ornaments off while I consider what to do to you.’”-Exodus 33:5.

It was during this time that Jehovah decided that he was going to give the blessing of the nation of priests to people of the nations. That is what he figured out. So it was from the very start almost. When they had built their craven image, and bowed to it while Jehovah God was on the holy mountain and Moses pleaded with Jehovah to forgive the nation their error, it was then he decided that he was going to make a "New Covenant" with people that were not his.

Since his people incited him to anger over their calf worship at Mount Sinai he came to the decision to give the New Covenant to a nation producing its fruit, namely, people of the nations also.

There are some scriptures in the Christian Greek Scriptures that help clarify this for us.

When Moses returned to the mountain to ask forgives of sin for the calf worship Jehovah said this:

"But he said: “I will make all my goodness pass before your face, and I will declare before you the name of Jehovah; and I will favor the one whom I favor, and I will show mercy to the one to whom I show mercy.”-Exodus 33:19.

Paul quoting this scripture to the Romans, talking of the calling and choosing to heavenly life made this observation about this scripture:

"What are we to say, then? Is there injustice with God? Certainly not! For he says to Moses: “I will show mercy to whomever I will show mercy, and I will show compassion to whomever I will show compassion.” So, then, it depends, not on a person’s desire or on his effort, but on God, who has mercy."-Romans 9:14-16.

Notice that when Jehovah fulfilled Moses' request that he allow him to see his glory (as he wanted to see his face but he could not for he would die if he saw it) after he had pleaded with Jehovah on behalf of the Israelites, and if he had found favor in God's eyes not to destroy the Israelites, Jehovah said that Moses did find favor in his eyes and after he passed before Jehovah and showed him a manifestation of his glory he made this statement:

"Moses hurried to bow low to the earth and prostrate himself. Then he said: “If, now, I have found favor in your eyes, O Jehovah, then please, Jehovah, go along with us in our midst, although we are an obstinate people, and forgive our error and our sin, and take us as your own possession.” In turn he said: “Here I am making a covenant: Before all your people, I will do wonderful things that have never been done in all the earth or among all the nations, and all the people among whom you live will see the work of Jehovah, for it is an awe-inspiring thing that I am doing with you."-Exodus 34:8-10.

These "wonderful things" Jehovah was talking about to Moses was really the bringing about a "New Nation" of anointed Christian" that would be baptized with holy spirit, a "New Creation" that would be raised to heavenly spirit life and reign in heaven with Jesus Christ for the 1,000 year rule over the earth.

Jehovah had oringally intented these to be all Jews, those who make up the 144,000. But beacuse of the calf worship at Mount Siani, Jehovah concluded back then, from the very start that he would accept people of the nations to become part of the 144,000 chosen race and royal priesthood. This happened when Jehovah said that they remove their ornaments from off themselves while he decided what he was going to do with them.

That is why Paul wrote this:

"But I ask, Israel did not fail to know, did they? First Moses says: “I will incite you to jealousy through that which is not a nation; I will incite you to violent anger through a foolish nation.” But Isaiah becomes very bold and says: “I was found by those who were not seeking me; I became known to those who were not asking for me.” But he says regarding Israel: “All day long I have spread out my hands toward a disobedient and obstinate people."-Romans 10:19-21.

Does this mean that Jehovah rejected all individual Jews? By no means! Paul continues:

"I ask, then, God did not reject his people, did he? By no means! For I too am an Israelite, of the offspring of Abraham, from the tribe of Benjamin. God did not reject his people, whom he first recognized."-Romans 11:1-2.

And a little further on:

"So I ask, They did not stumble and fall completely, did they? Certainly not! But by their false step, there is salvation to people of the nations, to incite them to jealousy. Now if their false step means riches to the world and their decrease means riches to people of the nations, how much more will their full number mean!"-Romans 11:11-12.

posted on Dec, 28 2023 @ 03:24 PM
link   
So not all the Israelites stumbled. The foundation of the Christian congregation were anointed Christian congregation were all anointed Christian Jews. And all of the Christian Greek Scriptures were written by anointed Christian Jews. Nevertheless the calf worship at Mount Sinai, made Jehovah contemplate what he was going to do. And he realized that the majority of the Israelites were going to be unfaithful. So that is when he decided to make the New Covenant with people of the nations as well. He was going to incite his people to jealousy with a "foolish nation."

The Jews have a history of filling superior and over the other people because of their being a chosen people. But from the very start when they became the chosen people Jehovah had already decided he was going to do away with them as his people and gather a people out of all the nations to become his spiritual Israel, until the full number had come in (that is of the 144,000.)

posted on Dec, 28 2023 @ 05:12 PM
link   
It was a pleasure reading your contemplation.

a reply to: randomuser2034

posted on Dec, 28 2023 @ 07:32 PM
link   

You make out that “they (Jews) were chosen” is a mystery
They were chosen to spread God’s message, they failed

God sent Jesus, now even the gentiles are chosen in Jesus via Gods Spirit

144 thousand is a stretch made up by a cult that allows pedophiles to hide in its congregation
This magical 144 thousand has been proven to be irrelevant to JW,org and a falsify of corrupt religion

www.gotquestions.org...

The 144 thousand are not Jehovah withesses, they are Jews, stop stealing other peoples faith and pretending it’s your own
edit on 28-12-2023 by Creaky because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2023 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I’ve never heard the phrase “craven images”

Sounds like an urban dictionary kind of phrase.

Kenny was cravin’ some graven images so he could turn his stones into bread.

posted on Dec, 28 2023 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgorMartinez
I’ve never heard the phrase “craven images”

Sounds like an urban dictionary kind of phrase.

Kenny was cravin’ some graven images so he could turn his stones into bread.

Haha. You're right, it's graven. I made some other spelling errors in the OP as well. I usually edit it but I didn't have time today.

posted on May, 21 2024 @ 04:26 AM
link   

If a people, can fall away from God by choice, even after experiencing his glory first hand, they were never worthy.

Of they had honored the covenant, they would have driven those tempting Egyptians away.

Tests, are always going to come before God rewards.

Those who love God, walk with God.

Not against him.

Our free will, is our own undoing, when used for selfish intentions.

We must be free of ego, to be truly free.

Ego is not selfless, it's selfish.

The world is a place of ego, we are not of it.

🙏

posted on May, 21 2024 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ADVISOR

If a people, can fall away from God by choice, even after experiencing his glory first hand, they were never worthy.

Of they had honored the covenant, they would have driven those tempting Egyptians away.

Tests, are always going to come before God rewards.

Those who love God, walk with God.

Not against him.

Our free will, is our own undoing, when used for selfish intentions.

We must be free of ego, to be truly free.

Ego is not selfless, it's selfish.

The world is a place of ego, we are not of it.

🙏

Very well said. Your comment on their not being worthy, and perhaps our own unworthiness, calls to mind the scriptures of the undeserved kindness of God toward the believers. And then fighting to do what is right to be counted worthy:

"To that very end we always pray for you, that our God may count you worthy of his calling and with his power perform completely all the good that he pleases and every work of faith. This is so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you and you in union with him, according to the undeserved kindness of our God and of the Lord Jesus Christ."-2 Thessalonians 1:11-12.

edit on Tue, 21 May 2024 14:06:01 -0500pm52120240500000001America/ChicagoTue, 21 May 2024 14:06:01 -0500 by randomuser2034 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2024 @ 06:41 AM
link   
God's chosen, his people, his kin, are scattered across the world.

The true Israel is a family bound by faith.

Not a place by such name.

I make such claims.

Call me a fool if you will.

I stand by my beliefs to the end.

new topics

top topics

join