It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian opposition leader Alexey Navalny missing from prison, says his team

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Link

Russian Squid Game.

As the election approaches, all candidates enter the games, and one will be alive at the end, free to take the Democracy!

Actually, it kind of sounds like the plot of Highlander also. There can be only one!

Lawyers have made several attempts to get access to two penal colonies where Navalny, who has suffered serious health issues, was believed to be, spokesperson Kira Yarmysh said on X on Monday. They were informed that the 47-year-old was not at either the IK-6 or IK-7 penal colonies, Yarmysh added.

“On Friday and throughout today, neither IK-6 nor IK-7 responded to them,” Yarmysh posted, adding that Navalny had been missing for six days. Navalny was last imprisoned in the IK-6 penal colony east of Moscow.

The White House said it was “deeply concerned” about reports of Navalny’s disappearance.

“He should be released immediately. He should never have been jailed in the first place, and we’re going to work with our embassy in Moscow to see how much more we can find out,” John Kirby, US National Security Council spokesman, told reporters aboard Air Force One.

Should we take bets? Who is going to be the only candidate, real or potential, left alive in time for the Russian elections?

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I imagine Putins goons are going to show him some beauty spots of Siberia or the view from a nice hotel window.

edit on 12-12-2023 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2024 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Alexey Navalny has resurfaced in a prison colony in the town of Kharp, in the Yamalo-Nenets near the Arctic Circle.

26 December.

Well, I now have a sheepskin coat, an ushanka hat (a fur hat with ear-covering flaps), and soon I will get valenki (a traditional Russian winter footwear). I have grown a beard for the 20 days of my transportation.

31st December.

This is the third New Year's Eve I have taken the traditional family New Year's Eve photo with Photoshop. I am trying to keep up with the times, and this time I asked an artificial intelligence to draw me. I hope it turned out something fantastic - I will not see the picture myself until the letter with it arrives on Yamal.

"I miss you terribly" is a kind of incorrect construction from the point of view of the Russian language. It's better to say: "I miss you a lot" or "I miss you so much".

But from my point of view, it is more accurate and correct. I miss my family terribly. Yulia, my children, my parents, my brother. I miss my friends, colleagues, our office, and my work. I miss you all terribly.

I have no feelings of loneliness, abandonment, or isolation at all. My mood is great and quite Christmassy. But there is no substitute for normal human communication in all its forms: from jokes at the New Year's table to correspondence in Telegram and comments on Instagram and Twitter.

I terribly miss being able to argue with people who send stupid, identical greetings and pictures via their WhatsApp list on New Year's Eve. It used to annoy me, but now I just think it's cute. Imagine someone sitting down and sending everyone a couple of kittens with bobble hats under the Christmas tree.

Happy New Year to everyone.

Don't miss anyone. Not even terribly, much, or very much. Don't miss your loved ones, and don't let your loved ones miss you. Continue to be a good, honest person and try to be a little better and more honest in the next year. For myself, that's pretty much what I wish for. Don't get sick and take care of yourself.

Arctic hugs and polar greetings to all.

Love you all.
twitter.com...

join