It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aging Americans grapple with homelessness and health care desperation, report shows

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 08:19 AM
link   
The US expects to see a 45% surge in the population aged 75 and above over the next decade. Many (most?) will outlive their savings and/or not have enough income from social security, investments, and pension to get by. There has been a uptick in homelessness for the elderly. Those in wheelchairs and using walkers for example. People in their 70s and 80s, who have done everything 'right', end up homeless.

We spend a fortune on foreign 'aid'. We spend radical amounts of tax money on 'diversity training' and on failing green energy projects. yet not only do 1/5 of American children go to bed hungry, but the elderly are destitute and are either stuffed into homeless shelters that can't take care of them properly, or they are left to wander the streets and live out of cars etc. Not every elderly person has a grown child that can take them in.

This is bad and it's getting worse. The elderly population is just going to grow.

Aging Americans grapple with homelessness and health care desperation, report shows

As its population ages, the United States is ill-prepared to adequately house and care for the growing number of older people, concludes a new report being released Thursday by Harvard University’s Joint Center for Housing Studies.

Without enough government help, "many older adults will have to forgo needed care or rely on family and friends for assistance," warned Jennifer Molinsky, project director of the center’s Housing an Aging Society Program. Many, like Genaldi, will become homeless.

The report says that in 2021, federal housing assistance like Section 8 or Section 202 — which provides housing with supportive services such as cleaning, cooking and transportation for older people — was only sufficient for a little more than a third of the 5.9 million renters ages 62 and over who were eligible.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

The democrats are dismissing the domestic social problems in our nation but is rewarding illegals for coming across the border.

While our elderly suffer after spending a life working and paying taxes, the biden administrations spends 551 billion to keep the illegals happy.

What kind of nation we have become that we forget about those that work and pay taxes and favor those that have given nothing to the system.

Is just beyond me.

The elderly should sue the administration for fraud.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I think a good conspiracy would be to say they want the illegals as citizens to pay taxes to keep the pyramid scheme alive.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: dust2023

That could be but reports in NY shows that from the surge of illegals in their city, only a minimum applied for jobs, the rest wants the government to support them for free.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

That could be but reports in NY shows that from the surge of illegals in their city, only a minimum applied for jobs, the rest wants the government to support them for free.

Uhoh, just like every other uniparty program: FUBAR.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Illegals are displacing Americans in many veterans homes and senior care centers.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

But dont you understand? The veterans are terrorist!

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Illegals will be the next minority groups for democrats to cash on for political advantage, who cares what become of them after they give their votes, they can live under bridges for what democrats' choice.

Our nation is becoming the dumpster of the world.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 09:42 AM
link   
By pricing people out of the ability to afford medical care, rent, property taxes, utilities and basic necessities without government help seems to be the goal. Once everyone is reliant on the government programs for their very survival we become slaves. I guess 'indentured servants' sounds more palatable.

I saw this coming back in the 1960's when they created government housing for the poor and the food stamp program.
When the debit card was rolled out I knew we were on our way to a cashless society and total gov. ownership. The only difference between the US and Hitler's rise to infamy has been the slow progression from freedom to enslavement.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 09:53 AM
link   

The democrats are dismissing the domestic social problems in our nation but is rewarding illegals for coming across the border.

This should make everyone sick to their stomach ...

95 Year Old American Veteran Kicked Out of Nursing Home to Make Way for Illegal Aliens

The housing of illegal immigrants has taken precedence over that of a United States veteran, revealed by a recent story that has enraged many across the country.

Korean War veteran Frank Tammaro was removed from his nursing home facility after a behind-the-scenes deal was cut, turning the Island Shores Senior Residence of Staten Island into a migrant facility.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Americans last plan supported by Democrats!!!

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Wow, what a treatment, the leave their mud huts back home and get to stay in prime nursing homes facilities, hell no wonder they do not want to work, they got housing, food and tax payers money, what a deal.

They get to do their drug deals and prostitution from their new home too.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 10:24 AM
link   
They have outlived their usefulness as far as the powers that be are concerned. Let that sink in. After your done working, being a productive tax paying citizen you are essentially dead weight. Adding nothing to the pie but taking a slim share of what you put in. However that slim share is manipulated by the powers that be to be evermore ineffective as time goes on. Then there is the perennial threat of social security running out of dollars to rile up the masses.

Government does nothing but create problems which they address with solutions which creates more problems. This is all by design to keep the ignorant believing the elected are doing right by their constituents. A shell game of the highest standard.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: dust2023

But dont you understand? The veterans are terrorist!

When they were on active duty, Joe Biden called them stupid bastards. I doubt he has changed his mind since then.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Analysts say about 20 million non US citizens will vote this coming November.

Just like in 2020, we can see it coming, but nobody is doing anything to stop it.

In fact, former President Trump said last night, don't get mad at him if he inexplicably loses in November of 2024.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The wife, seventy one, and me, sixty eight are doing better than we were doing five years ago. We started eating an even higher percent of real homemade food and are avoiding highly processed and restaurant food more. She takes two meds, low dose and I take none. I do take some vitamins and mineral supplements plus a few other supplements, two amino acids in small dose, and some bromelain occasionally for helping digest proteins.

Reducing junk food from thirty percent of the diet to twenty percent of the diet did make a noticable difference overall. Now my view of junk food differs from others view of Junk food, properly placed in the diet junk food can have some positive effects if you know enough about it's chemistry and about metabolism. So in the right time, some junk food can act as a medicine. Most foods they call superfoods are not good to consume on a regular bases. I think the people parroting that healthfood crap that the health people promote got a few screws loose All properties of a food need to be considered, not just one specific chemistry it contains, and also ancestral eating habits have to be considered, I cannot be healthy on a full mediteranian diet. I can't even metabolize much warm water fish, cold water fish works better, less histamines in that.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

95 Year Old American Veteran Kicked Out of Nursing Home to Make Way for Illegal Aliens

The housing of illegal immigrants has taken precedence over that of a United States veteran, revealed by a recent story that has enraged many across the country.

Korean War veteran Frank Tammaro was removed from his nursing home facility after a behind-the-scenes deal was cut, turning the Island Shores Senior Residence of Staten Island into a migrant facility.

Now they are building hotels for illegal immigrants in Chicago.

I guess nursing homes wasn't enough, now after emptying out eight police stations and taken over O’Hare International Airport... they get nice cozy buildings to live in.

Construction on Brighton Park migrant camp to begin with state involvement this week despite aldermanic opposition

edit on 12111230pm302023Thu, 30 Nov 2023 12:12:05 -0600 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Now they are building hotels for illegal immigrants in Chicago.

I guess nursing homes wasn't enough, now after emptying out eight police stations and taken over O’Hare International Airport... they get nice cozy buildings to live in.

Construction on Brighton Park migrant camp to begin with state involvement this week despite aldermanic opposition

American tax dollars hard work making sure non-Americans are happier than Americans. Good job Democrats.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AlongCameaSpider

Making sure that those illegals that never have given anything to America ger the right to vote over hard working ax payers.

That means changing America by illegals and for illegals.

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 12:08 AM
link   

A more likely theory is an intent to undermine democracy, no holds barred. This is shocking and yes is going to get progressively worse for the elderly, the needy, the poor.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join