It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeless Man Set On Fire While Sleeping In Birmingham Underpass

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 12:07 PM
link   

The victim has been left with potentially life-changing injuries after he had bedding set alight and then piled on top of him.
He was attacked after 9.20pm last Tuesday near the intersection of Hockley Hill and Boulton Middleway.
The man, in his 30s, is in stable condition but suffered potentially life-changing injuries to his face and hands.
Police said they want to speak to a man who was riding an electric scooter in the area at the time and issued a CCTV image.
Police said in a statement: ““We know this image isn’t very clear, and we are working to find further CCTV opportunities, but we hope that this image may prompt someone to come forward with information.“The man is described as white, 5ft 5in, and wearing a white vest, white hoodie, black gloves, grey jogging bottoms, black shoes and wearing chains.”

Homeless Man Set On Fire While Sleeping In Birmingham Underpass

The kind of filthy animal that can perpetrate such an attack does not even qualify as a human being in my book.

I hope the horrible bastards responsible are tracked down sharpish, caught, and prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

God bless the poor soul.

Hopefully, they won't kick him back onto the street or hand him a tent when he manages to make a recovery in the hospital.

www.independent.co.uk...
www.birminghammail.co.uk...
edit on 13-11-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Probably Braverman?

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Well if it is they have upped their game somewhat.

And graduated from burning £50 notes to people.

Daft digs at politicians aside, i just don't understand how one person could do that to another person in such a position, and I've seen some pretty sick sh@t in my life.

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Agreed.

There are some sick folk out there.

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Have you all noticed more and more crims are using electric bikes and scooters. It saves their scrawny little legs so they can get away quicker. We really do need stiffer sentences for these supposedly minor crimes.

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

We can only hope the horrible wrong'yin is identified and apprehended soon before they repeat the performance.

Because It seems to me if that was done for sick kicks and hoots repetition may very well be on the cards.

After all that how these horrible bastards that perpetrate such sad acts of depravity generally operate.

Fecking poor man through, imagine being on the street with nothing and nobody, and some sick puppy has the audacity to come along in the night and set fire to you???!!!

It does not even bear thinking about really as it's complete and utter nightmare fuel.

I am beginning to wonder what planet we are on.

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Yes. A menace:

BBC News - Cheltenham: Call for crackdown on 'dangerous' illegal e-bikes
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Poor bloody bloke. As if he aint got enough on his plate already?

Scum like this really make me question my objection to the death penalty

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

The person has been left with life-changing injuries to their hands and face so hardly a minor crime in this instance.

Attempted murder at the very least, to severe injury and disfigurement methinks.

Take your point about the electric bikes and scooters being used to commit crimes all the same.

I saw one of the little bastards try and rob someone in town a few months back get close lined all the same at the next corner, the bike went out onto the road and hit a van.

The dude in the van got out and smacked the little bastard about somewhat before the police arrived and carted him away, and the poor woman got her purse back, so there is some justice in the world, just not much.

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 12:51 PM
link   
This is the world we live in. People do terrible things to others and post the videos so other sickos can like it and laugh about it. Go to any gore site and see plenty of examples. This one instance might not have been video taped but lots are. It is a sick world. If I am laying there dying, the last thing I want is for some asshole to be recording my last breathes so he can post it online.

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

Looks like a traffic cam image of the perp.

Your not wrong about the sick feckers filming their antics.

Seen that happen with a lot of depravity.

The only good thing is the daft bastards sometimes led to their own identification via their sick and twisted recordings.

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 04:11 PM
link   

The attacks on homeless people happen frequently. Living on the margins of the society, they are the easy target. Violence often stems from contempt. While most people wouldn't go as far as directly harm a homeless person, the homeless are usually treated like lepers, because they smell badly, look dirty and are often drunk. They are not wanted.

That general social attitude is an encouragement for all kinds of cuckoos and the people deprived of all scruples to attack the people who are considered less human and less important than others. If somebody is turned into "nobody" or "nothing", they become a fair game.

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: twistedpuppy

Yeah, i know I've been homeless many moons ago in a previous life.

It's not very nice and very lonely, scary and complete and utterly terrifying if I'm honest.

Never had anyone attempted to immolate me all the same.

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Poor bloody bloke. As if he aint got enough on his plate already?

Scum like this really make me question my objection to the death penalty

Yeah, I hear you there. It also makes me question my faith in humanity.

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Luckily, this man survived the attack. The city where I live, the homeless have been stabbing or shooting one another on a monthly basis, and it's worse post-pandemic. I don't walk or shop downtown anymore, day or night. Be safe out there ATS.

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: NeighborhoodWatch

Luckily, this man survived the attack.

With life-changing injuries to both hands and face.

The lucky part will be if he is somehow afforded accommodation down the tragic attack as opposed to being returned to the streets.

The city where I live, the homeless have been stabbing or shooting one another on a monthly basis, and it's worse post-pandemic.

Homeless people are hardly the only demographic that practices the art of knife crime all the same.

Luckily here in the UK guns are not readily available on the street in the same to similar manner they are in other places.

Where i hail from merely carrying a knife can and will land you six months to a year in jail if you don't have a good reason for having one on your possession, especially so in any sort of urbanized or city area.

Homeless people have indeed been known to carry knives for their own protection on the streets, that just a fact of life, but here in the UK at least the statistics clearly show they are hardly the main contributor responsible for the multitude of knife crimes that occur.

I don't walk or shop downtown anymore, day or night.

If you do not feel safe imagine how some of those poor sods feel when the sun goes down?

I can identify with what you are saying through, as if a place does not feel right, and you are not safe, it is hardly conducive to wish to go there.

Be safe out there ATS.

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Probably Braverman?

I laughed too much at that

Government do hold fault when it comes to the literal homeless and they're at fault for the little delinquent asylum candidates that target society.

It's probably why David is back, it's time to hug a hoodie whilst we pretend our big society isn't failing.

top topics

join