It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

November Member Art Gallery

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Hello Everyone,

This thread is a place for everyone to share November artwork. Theme can be anything related to Fall or November. Thanksgiving, Día de los Muertos, Election Day, Veteran's Day- you name it.

It doesn't matter if you're a professional artist or just like to doodle. We want to see it!

The Rules:
1. Whatever you post should be created 100% by you. No memes or images pulled off the internet.
2. Painting, drawing, photography, collage, assemblage, sculpture, digital art and CGI are all acceptable.
3. No AI art
4. Art should be November or Fall themed.

Show us how creative you are ATS!

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Here's my contribution. This is a CGI piece that I created using Maya. I wanted to see if I could recreate a painting style called Chiaroscuro in a 3D art program. I think the results came out pretty good.

Here's a quick explanation of Chiaroscuro for those who might not be familiar:

Chiaroscuro is an artistic technique that creates pronounced contrast between areas of light and dark within a composition. Often associated with the still-life artworks of Dutch master Rembrandt van Rijn and Italian Baroque pioneer Caravaggio, the chiaroscuro painting technique has evolved beyond paintings to gain popularity with artists across many disciplines.
The term chiaroscuro comes from the Italian words chiaro, meaning "clear" or "light,” and scuro, meaning "dark.” The definition of chiaroscuro as it relates to painting has varied over time, but it almost always corresponds with high-contrast sections of light and dark within a single canvas.

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Thank you for the opportunity to contribute

I titled this one simply Thanksgiving 2023. I like do do one each year for Thanksgiving because of the splendid colors that arrive with this season, the reds and golds and browns and yellows of our trees mixed with the collage of colors that adorn the roads as they fall.

This piece features a ring of fleur de lis to represent a turkey's wattle. The spread of fall colors spiraling out from the center is of course their fully opened fan that the toms display in their mating ritual.

I used a drafting program I found twenty years ago and basically apply geometric principles to do my art. Normally I construct labyrinths and mazes though my work but in this piece my attempts to do so within the fan structure destroyed the effect that can be seen with out it.

I"m happy with it as it is and I hope others are as well
Terry

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TheVelvetElvis

Here is mine. It’s a lot bigger in person. It’s made of special soaked birch bark I take from only fallen birch trees. I did not sell the original of this one! I sell photos of it!

edit on 6-11-2023 by JJproductions because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JJproductions

Is the bark glued to what, a canvas? A board? What?
And how large is the original ?

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

I soak it in salt water the bark and peel it. Cut it into many different sizes. It is glued on using clear paper glue. I think that canvas is 36x30 custom size!

Edit to add:

I painted the canvas pink. It looks really cool!

I like your work a lot!
edit on 6-11-2023 by JJproductions because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 10:44 PM
link   

36x30, big enough to be noticed yet not so big as to overpower a wall, nice. Do you ever use other barks?

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 11:06 PM
link   

No never. You would not believe to amazing purples pinks and whites I can get from peeling the bark!

You will laugh. I made a 4 foot by 5 foot birch art for a massive house. It looked amazing over one of their 3 fireplaces lol. It was one of my first in 2004. I used the wrong glue and one year later under the birch it turned yellow. It was a big mess. Lesson learned.

I could only find the glue at Michael’s. They stopped selling it last year. It was the best. I found it again. Even Amazon does not sell it!

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 11:56 PM
link   
How do I add photo? Tried the picture button, but I am confused.

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 11:58 PM
link   

That’s nice. Is it supposed to “be something”, or is it more impressionistic? It’s easy for me to suppose the circle with projecting rays represents the sun, but I can’t tell what the right side of the piece would be then.

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Actually just realised the my avatars is the picture I want add, so just look at my avatar enlarged.
Oil painting of a Ruru a native owl in Aotearoa. Painted for a secret Santa present for a colleague at my work, oil paint on a piece of wood recycled from a piece of furniture my husband made. I love to paint in oil and is almost always shades of blue. Its about a foot high.
edit on 7-11-2023 by Cloudbuster1 because: Extra words

The avatar picture actually cuts out some of the painting but you get the gist

edit on 7-11-2023 by Cloudbuster1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 12:11 AM
link   
This is another of my oil paintings that I did for my Batchelor of early childhood studies, I also created the sound track using garageband on iPhone. The painting represents the diverse tamariki *children* that I nuture, I am the whenua *ground/earth* that nutures the tamariki that are the tree. Painted on canvas hand stretched over some plywood. Quite large and painted in Aotearoa's first lockdown covid times

OK have deleted all the failed attempts at uploading video from YouTube. Please can someone help.
edit on 7-11-2023 by Cloudbuster1 because: One last time for good luck, and will delete all the fails

Here a link to my video rather than using the YouTube button as I have had several failed attempts that way.

youtu.be...

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: QRST4D

You are right, it is the sun throwing out radiation. Our powerful protection on earth is blocking it!

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster1

If you are on your iPhone resize the photo, make it small. Convert photo to a PNG. Upload to ATS!

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 01:39 AM
link   

You will laugh.

Funny thing, I saw the size you posted with out reading those words first and guess what. I did, out loud and shook my wife up it was such a guffaw.

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Nah not on iPhone, I just made the music that is on my video using an iPhone. I have Android. Every time I copy the code for the video of my painting it is different code, and it not work anytime. Thanks for trying to help. Just watch the link instead.

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Wow I saw your link on YouTube! Nice painting!
I liked it!

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Oops sorry to wake up your wife!🤫

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Thank you, my blue faze has lasted 25years and still going. a reply to: JJproductions

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Hi Cloudbuster1, very nice indeed. As is the other artwork posted already by everyone.

Here is your artwork in its full glory (don't ask owl I got it).

And here is the video (quote this post to see how I embedded it) ...

edit on 7/11/2023 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join