It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If aliens...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Imagine this: People thinking of Earth as in the world as being a ship...

Then from out there some where they learn of courtship.

In the case of some people they might say that; That already has been or still is the case...

If so guess what is to blame?

edit on 2-11-2023 by crowf00t because: sp

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: crowf00t

Someone's overactive imagination?
Now canonized?

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 03:07 PM
link   

"What is that you're saying?" - Steve Martin

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Evenin'! Ok! Me. I'll go.....

It's been imagined we all...species here occupy one atom, of one cell in the vast bloodstream of accumulated planets, universes, galaxys...xxxxxxxxx All and each of them...every minute part of some greater "whole".

One could say we are the attoms of God's blood making up the entire concept of God

We are all one, friend. I assure you✌️

We learn, we expand, we, love, w grow, w fade...till next time

edit on 11232930America/ChicagoThu, 02 Nov 2023 21:17:29 -050017202300000029 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 10:33 PM
link   

well the comparisin was made sometime around the Apollo missions, right?
And it is totally true, we have our little ship in a wide sea around us which is hostile and deadly if we try to explore outside of our Earth's hull (atmosphere)

And if you think about it it makes you realise two things:

1. how vulnerable we are
2. how wrong we manage our ressources

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 10:58 PM
link   

This one time at band camp I Saw to aliens holding hands from worlds apart. They really loved and cared for each other! It was amazing how much they looked deep into each other and never moved.

I cried at this sight!

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I've always thought that the Universe kind of looks like part of a brain or something. So like maybe we're a neuron cell maybe we're a lysosome or something.

So we are in the brain in the cell just like our galaxy and then you have mitochondria which would be Stars and then the other organelles would be various things within the Galaxy.
edit on 3-11-2023 by Cre8chaos79 because: I was trying to make less sense than I had made in the first place! :-)

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 06:43 AM
link   

You do realize that your OP is rather ambiguous don't you?

Last night I thought of three possible things you could be referring to.
In my sleep I thought of two more.
And then, reading other respondents, two more.
That's seven different possible scenarios you could be referring to.

Are some reasonable and some not so reasonable? Yes.

Is this a helper?
Is this an abductor and abductee?
Is this an interstellar interbreeding which will result in Nephilim?
Maybe this is a simple conversation about Metaphysics.

Who is to say?
edit on 3-11-2023 by FullHeathen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: FullHeathen

Adding the "four immeasurables" an Immams path called bodhidharma with the vissudha magga to it? Yeah

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified
imafunguy dont know if its recovered yet...

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Look up the bindu of the heart of mothers red drop fathers white drop as an indestructible one and then you might have it as the old connection to new as a bridge.

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: FurPerson

Astral travellers do it this way go out at night look at a star then go in to their bed prop an arm close their eyes and place that same star between their eyes and "go there" if you do not carry anything with you as a self or other etc then its cool for a really long time when those dumb constellations etc show up? It a reconstructed hell of just that attachments of the other wondering and wishing to know where someone not self went.

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JJproductions

Oh this is a trope of watching weddings being at weddings and the cake topper is usually only seen as those two on screen... dreamland is more accurate as I have several of those and have only attended one that was actually like that.

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Cre8chaos79

Universe has an etymology from memory around the Einstein era of lets master this house and see if anyone notices was thrown out thousands of years of what we already know for 10 to 15 years of theory as a popularity contest of newness vibrancy etc as if art was stale when that stuff we had was and still is important trying to make all that guys dreams come true? pfft um ok

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Evenin'! Ok! Me. I'll go.....

It's been imagined we all...species here occupy one atom, of one cell in the vast bloodstream of accumulated planets, universes, galaxys...xxxxxxxxx All and each of them...every minute part of some greater "whole".

One could say we are the attoms of God's blood making up the entire concept of God

We are all one, friend. I assure you✌️

We learn, we expand, we, love, w grow, w fade...till next time

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Sorry to be so enigmatic but it was a popular thing when space and being in it was as a thought experiment in the fiction of science and not actually knowing and seeing the earth as a ship like on the seas of space and sailing through it heading for a larger well like a tide/whirlpool? Indeed it is and I do not care that scares people because stopped up kitchen sinks suck and work similar.

But that those out there say ahoy and come exchange all sorts of things as they did on earth as a microcosm macrocosm sort of inner outer on relationship as the "three worlds" theory. Some would happily say one can explore inner space as all f that and never have to go out there at all to experience exactly the same and have some just call it transmigration and re-incarnation when one recalls that existence.

The elements are worthless using them against a temporary animated form to make them just as worthless when all of that is normally in balance as food and shelter etc not wealth greed etc based in hate or love that turns all of that is so dumb that it isnt even worth mentioning what kind of hell they get in that rebirth or incarnation or for how long not able to choose having chose to take away without that persons having a choice for whatever it was.

Meaning it is all always in perfect balance and all action has a find a need and fill it including the all hells due to such avarice instantly...

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 01:40 PM
link   

See? I never would have thought of Visuddhimagga, not in a hundred years.

Had to look it up.

The average view, perhaps, was that of the monk who said that it was not impossible to attain nirvana now, but as ‘religious practice’ is weak, it is hard to believe that there is anyone alive who has become an arahat’(italics in original). *

* These same beliefs are common in Thailand, see Jane Bunnag’s, Buddhist Monks Buddhist Laymen, 1973, 19, ff.

I have heard these same views expressed a thousand times in Sri Lanka. Even Buddhaghosa did not really believe that Theravada practice could lead to Nirvana. His Visuddhimagga is supposed to be a detailed, step by step guide to enlightenment. And yet in the postscript he says he hopes that the merit he has earned by writing the Visuddhimagga will allow him to be reborn in heaven, abide there until Metteyya appears, hear his teaching and then attain enlightenment. Thus we have the extraordinary and I believe unprecedented situation where the majority of people adhering to a religion, including many of its clergy, freely admit that their religion cannot lead to its intended goal. Is it surprising that so many monks seem to be lacking in conviction? The only way one could possibly explain such a self-defeating belief is by saying that there must have been very good reasons for it developing in the first place.
Broken Buddha pg 13

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 04:06 PM
link   

That is good to know! I will never go to band camp ! Lol

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Basically, we can easily skip the hypothetical extraterrestrial aliens and just look at the East/West division.

My suspicions seem to be confirmed: Westerners are idiots to think that there is something to be gained by adopting Eastern Buddhist Orthodoxy.

I am in as much danger of being executed by Buddhists for not being an ordained monk as witches were in danger of execution in the West during the late middle ages.

I better watch out about what I say.

posted on Nov, 4 2023 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Mind being skandha it is wise to destroy it in its entirely over and over and watch while keeping the senses "pure" while "it" reconstructs it's self without a you... death then not being able to find you being selfless wisdom grows.

But that's all I know of that path.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join