It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Email Related Questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I got the gmail thing connected to the Win10 not Outlook app.

I just got a notification from the pop-up sidebar private email, go see and nothing just stuff from yesterday.

So I go to the settings checking what the thing is doing, I can't access it.
That's weird, right?
It says (not in English so sthg like) in E-Mail security: these options can't be applied to your account.
Is that normal?

look:

or is it just my paranoia again and I am missing something very simple that explains this?

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Probably something is not compatible with a gmail setting.

Look at this forum post. See if it applies to your situation.

answers.microsoft.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

awesome thank you looking into it...

You'd think I'd be smart enough to search for that myself... lol
Apparently I am not

totally not helpful answer though
edit on 31-10-2023 by FurPerson because: after looking

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 03:25 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: FurPerson

According to this 2020 post Windows Mail has issues with Gmail.

techcommunity.microsoft.com...

Comments say to add your gmail account using IMAP. I don't know if you've done that. But if not you can try.

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 03:36 PM
link   

we bring [DTH] to Minor Attracted Persons.

Tom Hanks warned you about the Jesuits and the Illuminati brought in under guise of the Trumps
administration.

never trust Bad Actors.

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 03:38 PM
link   

gonna try tomorrow thanks

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 03:55 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I really have no idea what is going on. But I can tell you what happened to me once. I was in the States, in Colorado, visiting my dad, and my brother drove into town, (he's a truck driver) and when he hooked up online I started to get search results in Chinese, and showed him, and he was on some Chinese server playing some type of game, and he said it must have noticed that and sent me Chinese search results. So maybe someone on the network is using German?

Also another time, when I had a Yahoo! email I was up one night at like 2 in the morning and opened my Yahoo and noticed 3 emails from Sony PlayStation about several purchases from some soccer game, FIFA, I think (I didn't have a Sony or PlayStation or account with them). A lot of money too. It was in Chinese or Korean, and while I was watching the emails disappeared. And I thought my email is hacked. And I deleted it right away. And then a couple months later it came out that every single Yahoo! email was hacked. I figured it out sooner because I watched it going on. I stopped using Yahoo! after that.

So from personal experience, those are two possible options. Maybe someone on your network may be using German, or maybe your email is hacked. But I don't know.

I would change my network password, and my email password to be on the safe side, at the least.

Oh, and you may also want to open your firewall settings and just look through it and see if any programs jump out at you, or are in German.
edit on Tue, 31 Oct 2023 19:23:50 -0500pm103120231000000050America/ChicagoTue, 31 Oct 2023 19:23:50 -0500 by randomuser2034 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Microso ft Notfication Language Different

Bottom post.
Potential answer.
Windows 10 notifications uses the first language listed.
edit on 10/31/23 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

top topics

join