It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia and US test nuclear and natural disaster emergency alert systems on the same day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 09:25 AM
link   
No overt concerns here but the thought did pop into my head, and it is there

Since it is doubtful both countries are coincidentally testing emergency alert systems on the same day. Isn't this more likely a form of diplomatic sparring? Or are there other reasons...

Russia has supposedly tested or is about to test nuclear-powered cruise missile.

Is it testing or will it be targeted elsewhere?

russia.postsen.com... tml

www.msn.com...

On October 4, the Russian Emergency Situations Ministry will check the public warning system in all regions. This is stated in a message on the department’s website.

“A large-scale audit of public warning systems at the regional and municipal levels will take place in all regions of Russia. The warning system is designed to timely convey a signal to the population in the event of a threat or emergency of a natural or man-made nature,” the Ministry of Emergency Situations indicated.

They reported that during the check, sirens and loudspeakers with the signal “Attention everyone!” will sound on the streets, and a message with safety information will appear on TV channels and on the radio. “Hearing the sound of a siren, you must remain calm and not panic, turn on the TV (any public channel) or radio and listen to the information message,” the Ministry of Emergency Situations noted.

Checking the operation of the warning system and the readiness of the personnel on duty is necessary to “be confident in the performance of all existing systems for the timely delivery of signals and information to the population in the event of emergency situations,” the ministry explained.

edit on 3-10-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Imagine my sudden stop in my tracks when the a news bulletin came in last night about an explosion and fire last night was reported and them explaining that they didn't know what it was but would update as soon as they knew......

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: MCurns

Imagine my sudden stop in my tracks when the a news bulletin came in last night about an explosion and fire last night was reported and them explaining that they didn't know what it was but would update as soon as they knew......

I saw that video last night too, thankfully they had a follow-up, explaining it was lightning

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Ok now it's getting weird because I thought they were doing it on the 3rd. Or would it be the third in that time zone?

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Maybe they're just ramping up the fear factor?

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Crackalackin
Ok now it's getting weird because I thought they were doing it on the 3rd. Or would it be the third in that time zone?

Not sure I'll have find a better source than Twitter, but that may be the case, It would depend on the time it was started in Russia I suppose.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

Probably,

but do you mean Russia or the US? or both

and what are the motivations...

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Since it is doubtful both countries are coincidentally testing emergency alert systems on the same day. Isn't this more likely a form of diplomatic sparring? Or are there other reasons...

Great thread - I didn't know the US was conducting one.

I think you've hit the nail on the head about the diplomatic sparing - arranging both on the same day is designed to send a message.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Probably,

I mean it's all part of the plan to destabilize the world order or we're truly on the cusp of a major war.

I don't think Russia and/or BRICS are working with the US, but one never knows.

Pearl Harbor, Gulf of Tonkin, 9/11 and WOMD leave me looking for clues.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Russia invaded Ukraine. Mkay
Serbia about to possibly invade Kosovo. Mkay
China about to invade Taiwan. Most likely unless they join China peacefully mkay.
Saudi Arabia is not our friend anymore.
Israel is probably going to hit Iran. Iran keeps getting closer to a bomb and it's possible they already have one.
Mexico is not our friend and are being ran by the cartels.
Thousands of Chinese coming across our open southern border. I guarantee you most of them are bad guys and they keep testing our bases for weaknesses and spying on us. Our government has sold us out. Russia and China are getting real balsy but the real question is why. Our military tech is waaayyy better than both. Guaranteed. Maybe it's because they are already building up a military presence in our country and no one bats an eye. Trump bad.

edit on CTue, 03 Oct 2023 11:43:16 -0500am2023-10-03T11:43:16-05:00kamTuesdayam2023-10-03T11:43:16-05:00k by Crackalackin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 01:30 PM
link   
My biggest concern is what the hell is a "nuclear-powered cruise missile"?

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
My biggest concern is what the hell is a "nuclear-powered cruise missile"?

Ive heard of it before because I follow CSIS

here's and older article the idea has been floating around since 2018, according to CSIS

nuclearnetwork.csis.org...

The concept of a nuclear-powered cruise missile is not new. The United States labored to field a similar technology in a nuclear-powered ramjet codenamed “Project Pluto”, in the years when ballistic missile technology was still nascent and its effective fielding uncertain. Yet, with the rise of the ballistic missile, the need to field a nuclear-powered cruise missile in the form of the Super Sonic Low Altitude Missile (SLAM) disappeared. This seemed to have been a good thing, because between the size, sound, and radioactivity produced by the low flying nuclear ramjet engine, the SLAM was a dirty, cruise missile irradiating, at speeds above Mach 3, whatever land it didn’t vaporize with its payload.

If it is true that Russia has not only developed a nuclear-powered cruise missile, but supposedly made it small enough to fit on the equivalent of US Tomahawk or Russian air launched X-101, it represents an impressive engineering breakthrough. The US SLAM was over 28 meters long, while a US Tomahawk is 5.56 meters long (or 6.25 meters with its booster).

Maybe, the thought that no other country would develop it is a part of the nuclear powered cruise missile’s asymmetric deterrence impact. Unlike in the field of HGVs and HCMs, Russia will likely be the only country fielding a nuclear powered cruise missile for some time to come, maybe indefinitely. As some commentators have observed, “it’s just crazy” that the missile has been field-tested, much less will be deployed. But perhaps that’s the point. To the Russians, being the only country to field this capability serves as a sort of nuclear weapons PR “win” while simultaneously striking fear in those who believe the fielding of the system to be unnecessary or reckless.

Weaknesses in Conventional Power Projection
Another aspect of Russia’s strategic position highlighted by fielding a nuclear-powered cruise missile is its fear of NATO and U.S. power projection. Russian power projection is affected by both its technological issues and dearth of real allies.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I live about 20 clicks from Yarnton and actually I know the site there extremely well.

I was walking home from the pub last night and the zap of lightning across the sky at roughly 7:15 was immense, insanely powerful.

Worked and lived in the outside country side virtually all my life and that was easily the one of the biggest stratospheric streaks I’ve ever seen.

I remember thinking to myself if that touches down somewhere it’s gonna blow some holes in roofs and it did though it chose the roof of an AD plant lol

Pretty spectacular.

MR

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Actually, I was going to post that very thought, that the whole thing is a big ajos.

I could see it and it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Probably,

I mean it's all part of the plan to destabilize the world order or we're truly on the cusp of a major war.

Most definitely Im looking for clues too, considering a couple of incidents that went down, around the US testing like 9/11 if nothing else it signals somebody somewhere thinks we need to test this stuff because we may be close to a TSHTF scenario.

Spidey senses are tingling, guess that happens when it becomes difficult to trust the Government, the DoD, etc.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 01:59 PM
link   

So it's a PR stunt and not a serious weapon? I don't see what advantages it would have over a standard cruise missile.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Probably,

Most definitely Im looking for clues too, considering a couple of incidents that went down, around the US testing like 9/11 if nothing else it signals somebody somewhere thinks we need to test this stuff because we may be close to a TSHTF scenario.

Spidey senses are tingling, guess that happens when it becomes difficult to trust the Government, the DoD, etc.

You may turn out to be right, but the fact that something is being tested doesn't necessarily indicate anything is imminent or even elevated risk. Sometimes the military practices things just to practice.

Source: 13 years in the Air Force

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Don't worry planned drills never turn out to be real...

Until they are!

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Emergemcy broadcast in Maui

new topics

top topics

join