It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple question about religion.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2023 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Hair splitting.

God the Son, or the Son of God. Sheesh.....

posted on Sep, 23 2023 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: MAC269

So you let the abuse of children continue because they might close the place down, and then the abuse you are aware of will end.

The kids might go to a better place, if what you say is correct.

How can you set by and watch it?

posted on Sep, 23 2023 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Rotten fruit, sounds just like JW,org, rotten to the core as is it’s god
people.com...

yeah ... they refuse to take up arms so they think they are above everyone else. So they don't 'pull the trigger' on nonbelievers ... they are gleeful at the erroneous thought of Jesus slaughtering everyone for them. That's even worse than just shooting people.

They are rotten on the inside. Yes ... you'll know them by their fruits ...
Misogynistic, sexist, uneducated, paranoid, child abusing, unchristian cult.

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT RELIGIONS KILLING EACH OTHER.
I SAY A RELIGION THAT TREATS IT'S OWN FOLLOWERS LIKE DIRT IS REALLY BAD TOO

ABC News - Inside The Brutal World of The Jehovahs Witnesses
The Atlantic - The Secret Jehovahs Witness Database of Child Molesters
Jehovahs Witness View of Women - A Case Study in Misogyny and Sexism
ehovahs Witness' - Higher Education is Spiritually Dangerous
Independen t UK - Ex Jehovahs Witness Reveals Cult Secrets
Criticism of Jehovahs Witnesses

edit on 9/23/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2023 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels

Hair splitting.

God the Son, or the Son of God. Sheesh.....

Not hair splitting at all. Son of God is fully human.
God the Son is GOD. Big difference.

posted on Sep, 23 2023 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
"Brothers and sisters, do not slander one another....

Reporting the truth isn't slander. The Catholics had a big problem with pedophiles. So do the Protestants. And the Jehovahs Witnesses do as well. The difference is that the pedophiles in the Catholic church and the protestant churches are being brought to justice after having been covered up. But the Jehovahs Witnesses continue to cover up. It's a big problem and should be discussed. That's not slander.

posted on Sep, 23 2023 @ 12:54 PM
link   

No, its complete hair splitting, and what divides and gives bad name to spirituality, and I believe it is a form of religious ABUSE.

posted on Sep, 23 2023 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Religious cults usually deal with a perversion of a religion they are basing it on. They usually make it political, or go off the deep end to keep their followers enthralled.

For example, the difference between Christianity and Christianism. One is a religion, the other a perversion of a religion used for political purposes. A Christian would follow Jesus' teachings and be against violence or murder, but a Christianist would use that very same religion to promote violence and murder to enact their hatred or agenda.

One is a religion, the other a cult.

posted on Sep, 23 2023 @ 12:58 PM
link   

No, its complete hair splitting, and what divides and gives bad name to spirituality, and I believe it is a form of religious ABUSE.

You can't see the difference between believing someone is a human and believing someone is a God? Its' a huge difference. Same words, different order, changes the entire meaning. It's not hair splitting at all. Sorry, I like you and all, but you are wrong on this.

posted on Sep, 23 2023 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I prefer to not judge other people's spirituality.

Its private. Pretty much every religion says theirs is the only correct one, even down to sects. It's what creates much of the hate and violence in the world in the name of 'Im right, you are wrong', and then comes the need to control.

The best way to piss me off is tell me my spiritual experience is incorrect, hellbound or invalid.

Religion hasn't caused so much death of humans in the world as religious DIFFERENCES and lack of respect for others.

YMMV

posted on Sep, 23 2023 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I prefer to not judge other people's spirituality.

Its private.

.... until they make it public and say that their way is the only way, and that everyone else is wrong and going to be slaughtered by Jesus when He returns. I'm going to go ahead and judge that and say it's wrong.

In order to be called a Christian you have to believe that Jesus is GOD, not just human. You worship Him. That's just the criteria in order to be called Christian. Jehovahs Witnesses deny Jesus is God therefore they aren't Christian. That's not judging them, that's stating the semantics of basic Christian theology.

posted on Sep, 23 2023 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

as far as i know there is no sexual abuse.

the kids are living with HIV so there are not so many better places

posted on Sep, 23 2023 @ 01:12 PM
link   

as far as i know there is no sexual abuse.

the kids are living with HIV so there are not so many better places

posted on Sep, 23 2023 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Both ya'll sound exactly the same to me. "My belief is correct and your's is not".

Apparently everything I said went over your head because you are still intent on arguing a dogmatic belief.

posted on Sep, 23 2023 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: MAC269

What is your main concern with how the kids are being treated and why the orphanage would be shut down if you revealed what you know?

posted on Sep, 23 2023 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Apparently everything I said went over your head because you are still intent on arguing a dogmatic belief.

Apparently everything I said went over your head because you still don't get it.
I just stated the theological semantics.
To be a Christian you have to believe Jesus is God, not just a human.
That's Who you worship. Who you worship is a big deal. It is the heart of Christianity.

You couldn't call a person a Muslim, even if they claim to be one, if they rejected Muhammad and his teachings. Likewise, you can't call a person a Christian, even if they claim to be one, if they reject that Jesus is God. It's just the basics of it all.

Whatever. You aren't going to get it. Moving on.

posted on Sep, 23 2023 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I don't think MAC269's post was talking about 'abuse of the children' in the orphanage -
- but rather, financial corruption in that and other Roman Catholic institutions.

posted on Sep, 23 2023 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

...way to open a can of worms, Karl!!

You might be interested to know that for the most true-hearted believers (of the Abrahamic religions, at least), the whole point is one's personal relationship with God...

So, any thoughts of judgement or condemnation are always in regard to oneself as in, "how good or bad a job am 'I' doing at living up to the ideals in accordance with my understanding of the Lord God I believe in?"

posted on Sep, 23 2023 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Reporting the truth isn't slander. The Catholics had a big problem with pedophiles. So do the Protestants. And the Jehovahs Witnesses do as well. The difference is that the pedophiles in the Catholic church and the protestant churches are being brought to justice after having been covered up. But the Jehovahs Witnesses continue to cover up. It's a big problem and should be discussed. That's not slander.

I clarified that justice is important, but none of us know the situation, nor do I think randomuser is one of the people being accused. So it's silly to broadbrush condemn a whole sect of Christians based off the alleged actions of a few in their group when we're merely humans unaware of the truth of the matter.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join