It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple question about religion.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2023 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12
Why are religious cults so insecure they want to kill non believers?

First ask yourself .. what is a cult?
The dictionary definition includes these descriptions of 'cult' -
- great devotion to a person, idea, object, movement, or work
- a system of religious beliefs and ritual
- formal religious veneration : WORSHIP

So under those definitions, EVERYONE who has ANY form of formal religious belief is in a cult. That is everyone from a Buddhist to an Islamist to a Jew to a Hindu to a Catholic to a Baptist to a Jehovahs Witness to a person who reads the Bible and prays on their own, etc etc.

Cult arrogance and ignorance is the reason for slaughter. The thinking that the particular cult is right and all others are wrong and damned. It makes it easier to kill people if they are considered wrong and damned. Like Muslims calling Jews swine so they dehumanize the Jews and Make it easier to slaughter. Then you've got the hypocrites like the Jehovahs Witness' claiming that they are peaceful but all the while falsely claiming that Jesus will come back and do all the slaughtering for them, killing everyone who doesn't believe exactly like they do. Ignorance and arrogance.

edit on 9/23/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2023 @ 07:44 AM
link   

If you don't think so you are delusional.

Because in religion, fear and control are features, not bugs.

posted on Sep, 23 2023 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I'm sitting here trying to figure out how turning the other cheek could be deemed an act of violence.

Regardless, one of the enemy's greatest tricks is to infiltrate the pride of religious leaders. Just like he got them to kill Jesus in this manner. This too though is part of prophecy, it is called the "synagogue of Satan", it continues to exist to this day in many ways, and it defames Christ's teachings.
edit on 23-9-2023 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2023 @ 08:54 AM
link   

If you don't think so you are delusional.

Don't forget about the irreligious secular cult. They can't stand the J word, the G word, or the B word, and will kill anyone who doesn't believe in atheism. This ideology was epitomized by Stalin and Mao, the two deadliest cult leaders of all time. No faith allowed with these guys. "Survival of the fittest", the secular anthem, can surely justify any sort of atrocity.

posted on Sep, 23 2023 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Not so...to want to kill ..non-believers. Sometimes they want to kill themselves. Heavens Gate, Jonestown Guyana..many others Branch Davidians in Texas...not taken alive. Even their kids.

I'm guessing you have some personal connection here, perhaps not...to make this thread?

Best
edit on 09230230America/ChicagoSat, 23 Sep 2023 08:56:02 -050056202300000002 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2023 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: MAC269

How in the world can you participate in such a scam, and live with yourself? Since 2006? But you don't consider yourself to be a cultist because you don't hold the dogma?

I don't get it. Sorry.

posted on Sep, 23 2023 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Perhaps you could narrow this down a little bit. Which cult are you talking about? There are many, worldwide.

I was advised by the mods for creating a content weak post such as this. Has that requirement changed? DId you get a warning?

posted on Sep, 23 2023 @ 09:41 AM
link   

You should have put that in the OP.
LOL

posted on Sep, 23 2023 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

While it is true, that Jehovah's Witnesses preach the truth about Jehovah being one God. And Jesus being his son, curiously enough Jesus didn't allude to that when talking about how to determine who were his real followers. In John 13:35 he said:

"By this all will know that you are my disciples—if you have love among yourselves."-John 13:35.

Let us take an a recent example in Africa to illustrate this point. In Rwanda the genocide in 1994 where Hutu slaughtered around 500,000 Tutsi in 100 days.

"Priests, pastors and nuns were among the 40,000 Hutu prisoners awaiting trial for acts of genocide.”-Miami Herald.

In fact there are pictures of mass executions of Tutsi inside Catholic Church courtyards where Tutsi were running for refuge and protection. The Catholic bishops and priests and even nuns not only did not help them, but were complicit in their slaughter. Some even taking part in picking up machetes and mass murdering their brothers. There you can see corpse upon corpse, and bone upon bone, where the Catholics, and their clergy were taking the lead in murdering each other in a mass genocide of believable scope and magnitude.

The New York Times reported: “Many Rwandans say their bishops and archbishops did not condemn the massacres quickly or forcefully enough and that they were too close to the Habyarimana Government, which helped to train the death squads. At least one priest has been arrested by the new Tutsi-dominated Government on charges of collaboration in the massacres.” Not surprisingly, “the new Government,” adds the Times, “says it does not want the Catholic Church to be as powerful as before, and soldiers have harassed and even threatened to arrest priests who are too outspoken and independent.”

"When you spread out your palms, I hide my eyes from you. Even though you make many prayers, I am not listening; with bloodshed your very hands have become filled.”-Isaiah 1:15.

Meanwhile, Jehovah’s true servants remain “no part of the world” and its conflicts. During the massacres in Rwanda, Jehovah’s Witnesses of each tribe provided asylum in their homes for threatened Witnesses of the other tribe, thus protecting them at risk to their own lives.

Jesus said by their fruit you will recognize them. Now a rotten tree cannot produce good fruit. Nor does a good tree produce rotten fruit.

Which religion bore good fruit, and which religion bore rotten fruit?
edit on 23-9-2023 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2023 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: randomuser

Being both of Christian doctrine, it seems to be a problem with the messenger, not the message.

posted on Sep, 23 2023 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomuser

Which religion bore good fruit, and which religion bore rotten fruit?

Rotten fruit, sounds just like JW,org, rotten to the core as is it’s god
people.com...

You claim moral superiority and deny your cult has issues, deny there is truth and protect child abusers
Rotten to the core from the top down
You support it by denying to even study the allegations
You support these child abusers by encouraging new members and families to join
You are guilty as the abusers by turning a blind eye and allowing those who are perpetrators to avoid justice

posted on Sep, 23 2023 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels

Being both of Christian doctrine, it seems to be a problem with the messenger, not the message.

Correct. God does not condone any form of injustice. And certainly does not teach his followers to perpetuate it on the people. In fact that is the very reason he destroyed his temple in 607 B. C. E. Because of the badness of the Israelites, his own people.

And today, unlike many religions of Christendom, when people practice immorality, and gross sin, Jehovah's Witnesses expel them from the congregation, so they are not tainted with sin. Thus maintaining the moral purity of the congregation.
edit on 23-9-2023 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2023 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Rotten to the core from the top down

The rest of those allegations are quite harsh considering that you don't know the details of the matter. We certainly should seek justice, and not allow sin to ferment in our Christian circles, but your accusations sound like the enemy stirring up strife. I am not JW but we are all Christians in this together:

"Brothers and sisters, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against a brother or sister or judges them speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgment on it. There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy."
James 4:11-12

"whoever is not against us is for us."
Luke 9:50

posted on Sep, 23 2023 @ 11:21 AM
link   
i consider my main task is to protect the children.

that comes with its own problems, because if i publicize what i know and can prove it will close the place. and that will hurt the kids. its catch 22 big time

a reply to: CoyoteAngels

posted on Sep, 23 2023 @ 11:33 AM
link   

After carefully weighing
my life on the scales,

I do believe that if I were but 40 years younger
I would go to Ukraine
join a brigade
and take up arms against Russia.

And if it so happened
that the gods discovered me
dying in such a way
that it would be okay.

======
Edit to add:

My cult?

The New World Order of Liberal Democracy

as represented by Geneva Conventions, United Nations, and NATO.

edit on 23-9-2023 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2023 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: MAC269
i consider my main task is to protect the children.

that comes with its own problems, because if i publicize what i know and can prove it will close the place. and that will hurt the kids. its catch 22 big time

Can you personally confront the perpetrator? Or is it a group of people?

posted on Sep, 23 2023 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton\

yes done that many times then another lot are put in charge

posted on Sep, 23 2023 @ 12:11 PM
link   

While it is true, that Jehovah's Witnesses preach the truth about Jehovah being one God. And Jesus being his son,

You deny Jesus is God the Son. Therefore, you do not speak the truth as taught by the Bible. You do not know Jesus

curiously enough Jesus didn't allude to that when talking about how to determine who were his real followers.

You can't follow Jesus when you don't know Who He is.
And you don't know Who He is. He is GOD THE SON.
Scripture says so. You deny scripture.

Let us take an a recent example in Africa to illustrate this point.

The accusations are steeped in local politics and can't be taken at face value.
And your 'example' is irrelevant and deflection - and you gave NO SOURCE for the alleged information.
Give some CREDIBLE PROOF that nuns picked up machetes and hacked innocent people.
And I said CREDIBLE ... so no Jehovahs Witness watchtower junk.

You posted your Jehovahs Witness version of how to know 'the truth'.
I posted the scripture showing JESUS, Who is God the Son, is 'the truth'.
Forcing people to get along with each other doesn't mean you have 'the truth'.
THE TRUTH - Jesus is God the Son - is THE TRUTH. And you don't have it.
edit on 9/23/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2023 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels

Jehovahs Witness' aren't Christian.
They deny Jesus is God the Son.
They do not know Who Jesus is.
Therefore, they are not Christian.
You can't follow what you don't know.

posted on Sep, 23 2023 @ 12:20 PM
link   

And today, unlike many religions of Christendom, when people practice immorality, and gross sin, Jehovah's Witnesses expel them from the congregation, so they are not tainted with sin. Thus maintaining the moral purity of the congregation.

Jesus forgave sinners, and ate with tax collectors and prostitutes.
He taught forgiveness, nonjudgmentalism, and reaching out to the spiritually destitute.
Your cult doesn't behave as Jesus would.
That's fine though - you aren't Christians and wouldn't be expected to behave as Jesus showed us to.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join