It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force unveils never-before-seen look at secretive NUCLEAR stealth bomber

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol
Quoting from Zaph.If one of those rolled out of the hangar into the public realm the internet would melt twice...

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

*ahem*

Twas another member who said that!

See Astr0, Black Triangle, abductions, and the Forevermen of ATS thread for his post about a black triangle floating out of a hangar for its first public flight that says "ATS will melt twice".

But yeah, when one floats out the hangar, the world will change and "air space" will become "air-space" and a bunch of countries will be PO'd that they have already lost this "new" space race.

But the world will have to change from one of "national security" to "welcome to your Star Trek future! We no longer own you. You are free to move about the galaxy without taxes." Which would be a death blow to the Powers That Be that there is more likelyhood of an actual alien made UAP/UFO landing at UN/White House lawn to announce, "We're here!"

edit on 18-9-2023 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: fix linky

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 08:08 AM
link   
The weight of the reactor shielding would certainly dampen the performance. The only plane publicly considered for a reactor was the B36 and questions about its shielding were one of the reasons it was not produced. It did have props which would make it a candidate for a closed system either with a working fluid driving turbines directly or generating power for electric motors. This last seems more likely as the plumbing for the direct drive would be more complicated than wiring.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Wasn't there a site in Tennessee or Alabama that was working on a nuclear-powered aircraft engine back in the 50's?

The site is long abandoned but adventurers have gone in and poked around. I wish I was closer

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

That was the NB-36H. Flew with the reactor, flew with the reactor on, but never flew with the reactor powering the engines.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

All of that super duper extra-dimensional tech that makes it invisible to radar, gravity-repellent, etc…BUT apparently it was seen by 25 THOUSAND eye witnesses.

Seems legit.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 01:57 PM
link   
still having my fingers crossed. Posted it somewhere else before: "The B-21 has 'new propulsion technologies' listed as a feature" and it wasn't on a crackpot website :-)

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1
a reply to: EternalShadow

Here’s Michael Schratt’s master drawing suitable for framing at 11x17

Legacy of Classified Aircraft

Mind you it was drawn August 21st, 2008

👍🏼

Darn, the craft I saw is not on there and mine did not have grooves, nor a darkened appearance as if it was heated then cooled, just saying.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 04:23 PM
link   

ITS STEALTH,...SEE? NOPE,...you cant see it.
like that f35 they want us to look for..
hmmm, all that sophisticated radar and missiles,
100's of military spy satellites looking through the
ENTIRE ELECTROMAGNETIC SPECTRUM,
, zooming in to see a wart on a fleas *ss,
GROUND PENETRATING RADAR
LIDAR,....
military search teams with helicopters
1000's of incompetent spies not doing anything
AND THEY CANNOT FIND IT
of all the times for the stealth features to actually work

edit on 19-9-2023 by sarcasticcritic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: sarcasticcritic
Many aircraft have disappeared during the years.
Heard of MH370?

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: sarcasticcritic

That’s all largely because the surveillance capabilities we HAVE are used to watch the people we are building the F-35’s to turn into a cloud of pink hotdog juice.

We track every single Russian sub from the moment it leaves port because they might be a threat… One of our own airplanes over friendly territory, not so much.

If anything, this is fairly decent marketing for whoever makes the RAM and whatnot.

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 01:53 PM
link   
It doesn't need to carry a steam engine up with it. A nuclear stirling engine or SRG might be able to power the craft. It would be more lightweight but I don't know exactly how powerful they get. NASA has been experimenting with them for decades. They had a prototype that ran for over 10 years without needing maintenance.

en.wikipedia.org...

* it looks like most of the early designs were 100 to 500 watts. NASA's new "kilopower" SRG can provide up to 10 kilowatts.

That might be enough to spin a propeller on a normal airplane but I'm not sure it could push a jet turbine.
edit on 9/20/23 by peskyhumans because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 02:01 PM
link   
GE simulated an electric jet engine in 2021. I'm guessing they don't actually have one that works yet.

article

You know what's funny the OP says it can hover and cruise at low speeds but it doesn't say what it's top speed is.

I wonder if they connected a SRG to some normal plane propellers on a ultralight stealth chassis? It wouldn't have been a serious design just a test to see what works.

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 12:06 PM
link   
So the air force did NOT reveal anything, just some artist drawing out some ideas of theirs…

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ITSALIVE

Yes, the thread title is a bit misleading.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join