It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Mayor want to move Migrants into TENT cities

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stopstealingmycountry
a reply to: starviego

Truth to that but our big copper, steal, iron and gold statue somewhere off the northern east coast says otherwise.
I guess you could place the blame on the French for that whole thing..
In all seriousness though we have a very super cereal problem.
Emma Lazarus' sonnet ("give me your tired, your poor,...") was written to raise money for the Statue of Liberty's pedestal.
edit on 15-9-2023 by Solvedit because: clarity

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego
Our own many homeless should get first dibs on any available housing. We don't owe these foreigners a damn thing.

Another Federal Judge ruled this week that they should be sent back across the border.

Source: www.reuters.com...

Next year in November, 80% of Americans will vote to expel those who came here illegally.

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 05:11 PM
link   
December 1, 2023

The location for the Chicago Migrant "Tent City" is polluted with heavy metals from old factories.

chicago.suntimes.com...

U.S. citizens of Chicago have been allowed to build homes in that neighborhood.

But its too polluted for illegal aliens (aka "migrants").

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 09:42 AM
link   
America now has become the biggest human trafficker of the world, the only ones cashing out on this trafficking is the now billion-dollar drug cartel.

Yep just to let you all know, the cartels went from million dollar in revenue to now billions since the democrats took power.

Let that sink in for a moment.

Prostitution, child sex trafficking, drugs and crime all good business for the government.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Chicago was stupid enough to declare itself a sanctuary city, now they have to deal with the fallout from that. I think tents in winter in Chicago for illegals sounds just dandy. They'll be missing nice warm Venezuela and GO HOME.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Democrats: “let’s hear it for Chicago being a Sanctuary city!!”

Chicago’s winter: “hold my beer”

(this whole border situation past years calling Trump racist, and with Democrats expediting illegals over the border for political reasons was a sh*t show we all saw coming)

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Chicago was stupid enough to declare itself a sanctuary city, now they have to deal with the fallout from that. I think tents in winter in Chicago for illegals sounds just dandy. They'll be missing nice warm Venezuela and GO HOME.

Just imagine if Chicago gets another polar vortex (overdue in Chicago terms) and drops down -20 with razor cold ripping winds.

Fact is, this migrant situation shouldn’t have been allowed from the get go as it’s clearly backfiring.

It was all because Trump was tightening the borders. Democrats jumped at the opportunity to call it racist and pander the votes in.

edit on 2-12-2023 by Imhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Has "Chicago" and other big cities ever offered explanations why they are deliberately keeping Migrants in poverty??? 😀

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

The governor also made Illinois a sanctuary state. Illegal Immigrants can now get Illinois Drivers Licenses, in fact.

But governor JB Prickster doesn't want any of them living in Springfield (the state capital) where he resides.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: WingDingLuey
Has "Chicago" and other big cities ever offered explanations why they are deliberately keeping Migrants in poverty??? 😀

The migrants were load up on cases of beer and other things at a liquor store near Ohare airport today. (About 500 of them sleep in a vacant terminal.)

posted on Dec, 3 2023 @ 06:10 PM
link   
In terms of arguing this matter from first principles, is it better or worse for the homeless that they are moved into tent cities? I would state that I am certain that it is BETTER for the homeless, who are otherwise housed in crappy tiny tents or forts made of wood & tin, to be moved into an organised, spacious tent city where they can register themselves with the people who are able to then provide medical & dental care, and life skills coaching, a place to get showered, a place to receive suitably quality clothing. Let this tent city be administered at the upper level by government, but let the actual work on the ground be done by not-for-profit agencies and church groups, who will have a closer, more honest, more caring connection to those people. As someone who experienced homelessness in my youth, I can state with absolute certainty that what I have written stands as a near-absolute truth, that the lives of these people would be vastly improved if they were handled in the exact manner I have described.

posted on Dec, 3 2023 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Tent cities in the right location like out of the city limits on an approved plot of land are much more relaxing and therauptic for folks than the environmental stresses of a city environment and people who would target and prey on homeless are far less likely to travel there to do their dirty work.

posted on Dec, 3 2023 @ 06:39 PM
link   

They will have to ensure the police presence in strong. 150 migrants were just kicked out an "Extended Stay" hotel just outside of Chicago. Drugs, rapes, fights... horrible.

The Ukrainian and Afghan migrant hotels are staying calm and civilized. It's the migrants that come across the Mex-US border that are causing all the troubles.

posted on Dec, 3 2023 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

Tent cities in the right location like out of the city limits on an approved plot of land are much more relaxing and therauptic for folks than the environmental stresses of a city environment and people who would target and prey on homeless are far less likely to travel there to do their dirty work.

The Tent City Chicago is constructing is on the property of an old 1920's/1930's "Smelting" factory. The soil and maybe the water is polluted at that location. Some homes in the area, but they're owned by Americans. OK for them to be poisoned.

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Monday 12/4/2023

Yesterday, the City of Chicago deemed the ground as safe, even though arsenic, mercury, and other poisons are in the soil and water.

The order was given to restart construction of the big TENT CITY for the legal/illegal migrants.

This afternoon, the State of Illinois's Governor J.B. Prikster slapped Chicago's mayor Brandon, and told him to STOP CONSTRUCTION immediately.

Source: www.cbsnews.com...

Look..if Americans have been living and playing on Arsenic and Mercury, so can migrants.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare
Monday 12/4/2023

Yesterday, the City of Chicago deemed the ground as safe, even though arsenic, mercury, and other poisons are in the soil and water.

The order was given to restart construction of the big TENT CITY for the legal/illegal migrants.

This afternoon, the State of Illinois's Governor J.B. Prikster slapped Chicago's mayor Brandon, and told him to STOP CONSTRUCTION immediately.

Source: www.cbsnews.com...

Look..if Americans have been living and playing on Arsenic and Mercury, so can migrants.

The Mayor says lots of families live in the contaminated neighborhood where the migrant tent city is being constructed.

But today, the Governor said, "ENUF!" Legal and Illegal Migrants will NOT be subjected to that toxic neighborhood. Project Cancelled!

BRIGHTON PARK — A controversial plan to house up to 2,000 asylum seekers at a vacant Brighton Park lot will not move forward due to environmental concerns, the State of Illinois announced Tuesday.

The decision comes after the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency conducted a “thorough review” of an environmental report for the site released by the city Friday.

Mayor Brandon Johnson’s office last week said that report cleared the site for “temporary residential use,” but construction was halted Monday until further sign off from the state.

“IEPA cited concerns related to insufficient soil sampling and remediation. Given the significant time required to conduct additional sampling, to process and analyze results, and to implement corresponding further remediation, the State will work with the City to identify alternate shelter options,” Pritzker’s office said in a statement.
More at: blockclubchicago.org...

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Is this insane or brilliant…..

I remember one year my husband and I went to get some Chinese Hot pot. It was late January. Chicago gets COLD! The wind off Lake Michigan, sweet baby Jesus, it is bone chilling.
I have never felt such bitter cold in my life. We were in a heated car and it wasn’t enough.
How the heck are they going to put these people in tents.

Maybe that’s the plan, they will have to leave. No illegals shouldn’t be here, but we also shouldn’t be murdering them, and I believe this will
Lead to many deaths, some children.

Also did you hear that part about expecting a lot more?!!!

Ah , what Happens then when it Snows ? Asking for a Friend .

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Chicago Mayor BRANDON JOHNSON is now fining and suing bus companies for daring to bring migrants to his SANCTUARY CITY.

Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson continues to claim that his city remains a “welcoming city” for illegal immigrants, and yet he and his lackeys in the city council recently passed stringent new rules on bus companies and have even levied stiff fines for breaking these never-before-seen rules, all in a desperate attempt to scare bus companies away from dropping off illegal aliens in the purported sanctuary city.
Source: www.breitbart.com...

I LOVE HOW THESE CITIES ARE HURTING DUE TO MAKING THE STUPID DECISION TO WELCOME ALL MIGRANTS, IN AN EFFORT TO TAKE A SWIPE AT (then) PRESIDENT TRUMP!

Their hate has boomeranged back to bite them in the azz!!

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

Does it Ever Snow in Guatemala ?

posted on Dec, 30 2023 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Move them into tent cities? For a Chicago winter? That's crazy. As a person who was homeless in Michigan in September and October, I would not want to do that again.

<< 1   >>

join