It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drug Taken during Pregnancy Can Change Offspring’s Sexual Orientation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee
Why should I value his opinion more than others?

Maybe you can lay the reason it out for me and others. Is it because of your personal opinion about his opinion?

Your chance to educate me.

And since I answered four of your questions, please answer this single one: Are you having a male or female brain? Worded different, do you have an extra chromosome? Because I need to know this to be able to judge your response accordingly.

Sounds crazy? Just using your logic.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 04:12 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 04:44 PM
link   

And there are other real scientist challenging his views.

So again, why is this man's view so valid for you?

Oh, I see:

and became the first openly transgender scientist in the National Academy of Sciences in 2013.

Another echo chamber of yours.

Case closed, question answered.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDDAgain

And there are other real scientist challenging his views.

So again, why is this man's view so valid for you?

Oh, I see:

and became the first openly transgender scientist in the National Academy of Sciences in 2013.

Another echo chamber of yours.

Case closed, question answered.

Guess so.

Case closed. Moving on.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Gender is who your brain tells you you are.

But genetics tells the sex .
We've been through this before .
There is psychology , then there is real , known, science .

edit on 9/8/23 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Sex & Gender are two different things.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 06:43 PM
link   
First of all, for at least 600 years common people of the world use the words sex and gender interchangeably. Only in scientific circles the real distinction is made. Secondly, you're not preaching your chores to scientist here, it's common people. Common people do not care about your semantics. The fringe cases you try to make normal, are not normal.

For 99% of the world this is reality:
male = man = penis
female = woman = vagina

You will always be a fringe case, now, in 100 years and in 1000 years. Myself, too, the difference between us is that I don't have the urge to force my ideology down others throats and do not victimize.

I can enjoy my life, you seem to be victim in 3rd generation, IDK, maybe it's you and not the rest of the world that is the problem. Think about it.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDDAgain
First of all, for at least 600 years common people of the world use the words sex and gender interchangeably. Only in scientific circles the real distinction is made. Secondly, you're not preaching your chores to scientist here, it's common people. Common people do not care about your semantics. The fringe cases you try to make normal, are not normal.

For 99% of the world this is reality:
male = man = penis
female = woman = vagina

You will always be a fringe case, now, in 100 years and in 1000 years. Myself, too, the difference between us is that I don't have the urge to force my ideology down others throats and do not victimize.

I can enjoy my life, you seem to be victim in 3rd generation, IDK, maybe it's you and not the rest of the world that is the problem. Think about it.

If you ask a gay person why they’re gay and they respond “I’ve always been this way. I was born this way”.

I believe them. Who knows better than them.

The problem is those who haven’t a clue — but still think they know all the answers.

There are Left-handed people. Science doesn’t know why.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 07:08 PM
link   

If you ask a gay person why they’re gay and they respond “I’ve always been this way. I was born this way”.

That's so cringe, considering I am bisexual and wasn't probably born like that.

I believe them. Who knows better than them.

But you can't believe me, because it would mean you're wrong. Right?

The problem is those who haven’t a clue — but still think they know all the answers.

I think the problem is that a small minority thinks it can dictate what and how others have to think.

There are Left-handed people. Science doesn’t know why.

Yeah but the scientists you opted to believe without a doubt, got it all right. Besides that, there are plenty of theories that seem plausible. Claiming "science doesn't know why" is in itself not wrong, but you and I know damn well why you used the wording.

Because if you had written there are several theories but none is accepted by a majority, your argument would have fallen to pieces.

Must hurt trying to bend your own morals constantly to try appear coherent in your actions, thoughts and inner morals and ethics. Must hurt so badly.

I weep with you for comfort if it helps you. But out of a different reason. Humanity is doomed with newthink like yours.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Jimmy Kimmel started his late night show a few years back, then BAM, all the kids turned gay.

FACT!

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

For sure, and sexual preference is a whole other thing within sex and gender.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I want to add something that is my impression from life and why I say humanity is doomed.

I have NEVER met anyone from the LGBTQ crowd, those who dissolve their own identity into it and speaking up constantly, being any kind of an achiever. ALL I have met and re-met were non achievers. That does not make them lesser people, it's not what I am saying. But in general, achievers don't complain how other's are at fault for whatever problems they have. Because they are achievers and solve it on their own, at least try. This does not resonate with a victimizing, whining and entitled mindset.

Just currently, in most 1st world countries, where this is a thing, we can afford to have a lot of loosers and non achievers. Society is dragging them with them. But this only works in good times. We're, comparatively, in great times currently. But this will end soon, the signs are on the horizon.

And then we will see how much of the LGBTQ crowd still has time to marvel about stupid # like this then, how much they still act like being shunned or if it's their own actions that lead to shunning.

Like the crazy persons in school that constantly annoys everyone and silently wonders why no one likes them or wants to spend time with them. Maybe even complaining how unfair it is.

It's always the others and not the own fault.

Buhuuu, I can't stand it anymore, I am so fed up with it.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Jimmy Kimmel started his late night show a few years back, then BAM, all the kids turned gay.

FACT!

Yeah that was it!

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 08:17 PM
link   

You will have proof that .
The terms are completely interchangeable , unless one has very little schooling .
That type of folks define "sex" as the act , not the gender .

edit on 9/8/23 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 08:31 PM
link   

You will have proof that .
The terms are completely interchangeable , unless one has very little schooling .
That type of folks define "sex" as the act , not the gender .

Feel free to catch up to the times.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Hmmm. I wonder why synthetic thyroid meds can do that. I have known some women who were prescribed thyroid meds when pregnant, but never kept up with how their kids turned out in this respect.

I have read a lot of research on how things effect testosterone and estrogen, but nothing on thyroid meds or even any med having an effect on this subject, no research does not mean it is not happening, only that no research on the subject has been funded or published.

All meds have side effects, that is well known. So I suspect that this could be relevant research. I wonder where they got the idea to actually research this.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I have read a lot of research on how things effect testosterone and estrogen, but nothing on thyroid meds or even any med having an effect on this subject, no research does not mean it is not happening, only that no research on the subject has been funded or published.

Guarantee it has been researched… published is another story.

Think how many Americans are on Thyroid medicine?
It would be interesting to see if this is why the prevalence of gender issues is here and not in other countries and would
Make total sense if they aren’t as exposed to the same chemicals.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I’d say the prevalence of gender issues in the USA is because it’s pushed in the media.

Both pro and anti.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 04:57 PM
link   

"" If they are truly the opposite sex in the brain, what can we do? ""

Electroconvulsive therapy (electro-shock-therapy

maybe it will RESET the brain
like it does to the nerves using a muscle stimulator/tens unit
but, you crank up the voltage high enough,
YOU WILL FORGET,.......FORGE T,...........,ANYTHING!

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: sarcasticcritic

"" If they are truly the opposite sex in the brain, what can we do? ""

Electroconvulsive therapy (electro-shock-therapy

maybe it will RESET the brain
like it does to the nerves using a muscle stimulator/tens unit
but, you crank up the voltage high enough,
YOU WILL FORGET,.......FORGE T,...........,ANYTHING!

Is that next on the political agenda? What's after that...lobotomy?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join