It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada’s crazy, unneighborly LGBT travel advisory for America

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The USA banning drag shows in public schools doesn't make it unsafe for LGBTQ people.
Maybe Canada should look at it's own LGBTQ hate crimes and take care of that mess.

As anti-LGBTQ2 hate grows in Canada, advocates say it’s ‘never been as scary’

Facing calls to act, Canadian lawmakers note 'rising tide' of hate and violence against LGBTQ2S+ community

Police-reported hate crimes jumped a record 27% from 2020 to 2021

Pink Blood - Homophobic Violence in Canada

And there is so much more ... but those are the first that came up.

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Yea, Canada is full of batsh#t crazy liberals too.

Chrystia Freeland is a prime example.

SMH

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Extremely subjective. For sure it is. Just saying you can't necessarily say that nothing is going on down there to cause the warning, because it depends on who you listen to. As with most other explosive topics between the right and the left, there will always be 2 camps of thinking on a topic like this.

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 04:42 PM
link   

No disagreements here. Hate crimes of any nature should never be tolerated.

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Jussie sayin

some THINK ing Music

edit on 912023 by MetalThunder because: What a TURDeau

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I have no idea what 'two-spirit people' are supposed to be.

It's a long-held belief system among First Nation people that some people are blessed with 'two spirits'; male and female. They are born one gender, but lived their lives embracing the opposite gender.

It was not a common occurrence, and considered a special blessing bestowed on a select few by the Creator.

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 05:58 PM
link   

(speaking like an old-timey democrat)

Thems Canadians ain't gunna perlute our Merican way of life 'round here parts! They can take their Moose beer and funny hats and go visit Hollywood with the other hippies!

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Countries are mostly irrelevant to this.

In the subdivision that is Developed Western Countries it seems to follow Jesus and Muhammed around, at least 90% of the time.

If you are concerned, just issue a warning based on the influence religiosity has on local customs and law.

Or something as simple as, "Look up the city you are visiting first. Google 'LGBT neighborhoods', If they have one or several 'LGBT neighborhoods', you're probably safe visiting there."

This advertisement would be a bad idea.

edit on 1-9-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 06:25 PM
link   

In my book, this refers to the dual nature of the human psyche (Yin/Yang) and nothing at all to do with sexual preference
This is most likely people hijacking the ideals of an indigenous people for their own use .
Just my thoughts on the subject .
My learned thoughts .

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

If a non married person thinks they're two spirited, I'd say they're possessed and should be dealt with accordingly.

But I know what you mean.

If you're married, you know exactly what that means.

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 09:17 PM
link   
No, no, no, this is all very true, in fact if all Canadians who believe this nonsense would stay home that would be great.

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 09:44 PM
link   

they warn about US, while i'm here in South American country with a few transwoman murders

and everywhere i go, there's an ad for Canadian immigration, too.

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TamtammyMacx

To be honest, i'd be more concerned about alligators, released burmese pythons and Florida men to be concerned about DeSantis's "dangerous" policies when going to Florida

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

it's crazy. I hate it.

there is no genocide, no one is taking away your right to mutilate yourself because you suffer a mental disorder (only for minors)

these people who cry about places being "dangerous" only suffer for internet likes and attention, claiming they are sooo oppressed from their iPhones and drinking starbucks coffee in a room of funkopops and anime toys.

even when i was still closeted and anyone in my family made an offhand remark about gays or TQWTFBBQs, i'd just let it slide althought it made me uncomfortable.

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 10:46 PM
link   

edit on 9/1/23 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Whoever issued this travel alert probably stares at the sun and drools.
A far left useful idiot for the marxist globalists.

It's a psych political ploy
to threaten u.s tourism if u.s gov. doesn't
comply to the globalist agenda (which trudeau is part of)

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 07:26 PM
link   
American Posters on ATS: All LGBTs are GROOMERS and they are INFILTRATING our SCHOOLS and POISONING the MINDS of our CHILDREN! TRANS is NOT real! all TRANS people are LITERALLY POSSESSED BY DEMONS! The laws BANNING gender affirming care DON'T go FAR ENOUGH! these are SICK PSYCHOPATHS and they must be stopped by WHATEVER MEANS NECESSARY! YES people we are talking VIOLENCE here!

The same American Posters on ATS: What???? an advisory for another country that lgbt people should be wary travelling to America?????? who???? how??????

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I was think Sitting Bull and his band once fled to Canada.

Although Queen Victoria allowed them to stay temporarily (times were tough for everyone), when they began raiding the local tribes they were essentially deported.

Just wondering whether people have pan-national identities when times get tough - as an in an inch of starvation.

edit on 3-9-2023 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Oh so because we are gays you think we''ll form a political front, and play nicely together?

Meanwhile we are quite territorial, and I shall be the only gay in this village.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 08:05 PM
link   
What perturbs me more is, in my YouTube videos there are still adverts: oh come buy this apartment in Uganda?

In Uganda - me - they want to arrest me and execute me?

Business with Uganda is done!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join