It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hong Kong getting smashed with the super super typhoon actually cyclone

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Yep another big cyclone to hit China on the East Coast it's every question is being taken now along the east coast heavy tides high tide swells evacuations it's not going to be pretty.
www.hko.gov.hk...

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

As long as the rescue workers can get to any damage fast and erect high fences to block the publics views that something has gone wrong, I feel confident in China and their glorious president Xi.

Now how many social credit points did I earn?

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 03:50 AM
link   
They called Jesus a sinner in their Bibles.

They changed the woman in adultery story.

The original is a display of Jesus' compassion and love for all, as well as his rejection of violence and unsound judgement.

Jesus originally states the those Jews "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone", and they all leave being hurt in their conscience.

Then Jesus says "Woman, where are they, has no one condemned you"?

She answers "No one, sir".

Jesus then states "Nor do i condemn you, go and sin no more".

The communist party version reads......

“the crowd disperses.” But then the text states, “When everyone went out, Jesus stoned the woman himself, and said, ‘I am also a sinner.'”

This is outright blasphemy against God. A heinous crime and WORTHY of punishment.

China will be destroyed because they changed the truth for a lie. God is not mocked. They had Time to repent. Same as America.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 04:02 AM
link   
It's heavy rain in Hong Kong right now friend of mine is lives there and he says it's not too bad but the cyclone is going to be pretty ferocious for China.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

What a load of nonsense.
China's president is a communist who forces people to do things and your god is so angry and vengeful he destroys all innocent people and animals?

Charming guy. Too many human flaws and gripes he has.

Also, the Chinese have never been christians, even before they were forced into communism.

Why not try weather?
Bad weather, disaster weather and anomalies are kind of expected on a rock hurtling through space at neck breaking speed.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius

Why'd Jesus wait like 2000 years?

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 04:14 AM
link   

The original is a display of Jesus' compassion and love for all, as well as his rejection of violence and unsound judgement.

China will be destroyed because they changed the truth for a lie. God is not mocked. They had Time to repent. Same as America.

So, to show his 'compassion', 'rejection of violence' and his sound judgement 'God' will wreak havoc, chaos and destruction on China?

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Anything thing that happens on the planet can be explained by my bias

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

There’s an interesting theory by Bishop Robert Barron in his book about communion.
He posits that Jesus is the culmination of a few millennia through Adam and Eve, Abraham, Moses, David, Jeremiah, then Jesus. Of course Jesus is not just another great prophet, He is the last piece, God coming to earth in the form of man.
Adam and Eve starting the break with God, the others doing their part to heal it, Jesus being the final covenant to bring us back together.
AKA God’s rescue plan for humanity. Every religion and holy book seems to be angling towards this idea.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Jesus originally states the those Jews "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone", and they all leave being hurt in their conscience.

“the crowd disperses.” But then the text states, “When everyone went out, Jesus stoned the woman himself, and said, ‘I am also a sinner.'”

This is outright blasphemy against God. A heinous crime and WORTHY of punishment.

I’d be interested to see the real thing that does this, says this.
I mean, it’s completely in keeping with the retarded weirdos who typically make up communism, revolutions, and other leftist movements. Look at the petty nonsense coming from the Biden experience. Slights and pinch-poke-prod that 5-year olds often do.

But I’ve never seen the actual thing, so I’d like to.
edit on 31-8-2023 by stevieray because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

So, to show his 'compassion', 'rejection of violence' and his sound judgement 'God' will wreak havoc, chaos and destruction on China?

Yeah, I agree with George Carlin, he used to say, would God pick one country over another? It makes no sense. It's like an athlete thanking God for scoring the winning goal or touchdown, Did God not like the other team?

I can still be a believer and have my faith, without thinking God picks sides.

Used my faith and beliefs just 12 hours ago, last night my oldest daughter had an emergency appendectomy and she is fine.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Used my faith and beliefs just 12 hours ago, last night my oldest daughter had an emergency appendectomy and she is fine.

I'm glad to hear your daughter is ok, it must be a great relief after what I imagine an incredibly stressful time.

Essentially I am Agnostic; there's not enough evidence to decide either way and I'm not one for blind faith in anything.
I don't discount the possibility, but with the lack of evidence available I chose not to think about it too much. I have enough things going on in my life without pondering on the unprovable.

A person's thought's should be just that; their thoughts.
No-one has the right to impose their thoughts and beliefs on anyone else.

But I have to say, most people's or religions Gods seem particularly spiteful, vindictive and pretty damn brutal and unforgiving at times.
I'm sure that if there is an Omniscient, Omnipotent being then unless 'he's' an incredibly narcissistic and vain entity then come some so called final Judgement Day he won't measure my worthiness on how well I can quote scripture or whether I went to church or not on a Sunday but rather on my acts and deeds and whether I'm a 'good person' or not.

But I digress, apologies.
edit on 31/8/23 by Freeborn because: typo

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666

What a load of nonsense.
China's president is a communist who forces people to do things and your god is so angry and vengeful he destroys all innocent people and animals?

It is wrong for people to blame God for the natural disasters that people face. You are right to call out that stupidity. James 1:13 says:

"When under trial, let no one say: “I am being tried by God.” For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone."-James 1:13.

In the Bible when God executes judgement it is always selective and always only on those whom deserve it:

"It is unthinkable that you would act in this manner by putting the righteous man to death with the wicked one so that the outcome for the righteous man and the wicked is the same! It is unthinkable of you. Will the Judge of all the earth not do what is right?” Then Jehovah said: “If I find in Sodʹom 50 righteous men in the city, I will pardon the whole place for their sake.” But Abraham again responded: “Please, here I have presumed to speak to Jehovah, whereas I am dust and ashes. Suppose the 50 righteous should lack five. Because of the five will you destroy the whole city?” To this he said: “I will not destroy it if I find there 45.”-Genesis 18:25-28.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 12:31 PM
link   

That particular reference in the Bible you are referring to has been removed from some Bibles because it is not found in the earliest extant manuscripts that have been found. (John 8:1-11.)

So it probably wasn't part of the original writings of truth. But what you say if true is still quite despicable. Jesus was sinless. And to try and add scripture to say that he was a sinner is indeed a great blasphemy against God and will not go unpunished.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Yeah, I agree with George Carlin, he used to say, would God pick one country over another? It makes no sense. It's like an athlete thanking God for scoring the winning goal or touchdown, Did God not like the other team?

I can still be a believer and have my faith, without thinking God picks sides.

You're right. Scripture says:

"At this Peter began to speak, and he said: “Now I truly understand that God is not partial, but in every nation the man who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him."-Acts 10:34-35.

You have a good head of common sense. I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. And glad that everything turned out fine.
edit on 31-8-2023 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I'm glad to hear your daughter is ok, it must be a great relief after what I imagine an incredibly stressful time.

Essentially I am Agnostic; there's not enough evidence to decide either way and I'm not one for blind faith in anything.
I don't discount the possibility, but with the lack of evidence available I chose not to think about it too much. I have enough things going on in my life without pondering on the unprovable.

But I have to say, most people's or religions Gods seem particularly spiteful, vindictive and pretty damn brutal and unforgiving at times.
I'm sure that if there is an Omniscient, Omnipotent being then unless 'he's' an incredibly narcissistic and vain entity then come some so called final Judgement Day he won't measure my worthiness on how well I can quote scripture or whether I went to church or not on a Sunday but rather on my acts and deeds and whether I'm a 'good person' or not.

I can understand the sentiments you express. And certainly many people who profess "faith" in God have disowned him by their despicable works in his name. I have come to know God is love above all else. And that that is my God. It is wrong to be disrespectful of others and their beliefs. But love and kindness, can melt through even the thickest and hardest of hearts. And that love shines down from the heavenly throne of undeserved kindness giving us light and life.
edit on 31-8-2023 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666

What a load of nonsense.

Charming guy. Too many human flaws and gripes he has.

Also, the Chinese have never been christians, even before they were forced into communism.

Why not try weather?
Bad weather, disaster weather and anomalies are kind of expected on a rock hurtling through space at neck breaking speed.

Innocent? What people would those be.

How little you know of man or the holiness of God. I pray you repent until you know there are no innocent people, far, far, far removed are humans from God's holiness, thus abide we in his wraith without Christ. Because He is holy and just, he must judge. Out of his love, He incarnated on this Earth and died for us. He is just and justifier.

What weak and unrighteous God of only love do you conjure up or worse still, do you serve the god of nothing as the secular world does.

I pray ye take heed of the signs and the prophecies.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 01:03 PM
link   

For a billion reasons all layed out in prophecy and according to his divine plan of redemption laid out before the foundations of this world. Very blessed are those who come into the light - look and ye shall find.

You must not have looked, so you have not found, so you are not in the light. You are in darkness as a blind man at night who can't see where it is he is heading. Without the saving knowledge of God's word, it's a place without life and joy for all eternity, for choosing not to seek, not to embrace the son - the only way out.
edit on 31-8-2023 by TTU77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: stevieray

There’s an interesting theory by Bishop Robert Barron in his book about communion.
He posits that Jesus is the culmination of a few millennia through Adam and Eve, Abraham, Moses, David, Jeremiah, then Jesus. Of course Jesus is not just another great prophet, He is the last piece, God coming to earth in the form of man.
Adam and Eve starting the break with God, the others doing their part to heal it, Jesus being the final covenant to bring us back together.
AKA God’s rescue plan for humanity. Every religion and holy book seems to be angling towards this idea.

Jesus is the only saviour period. All the prophets point to Jesus. That was their purpose in its entirety. The entire story of the Universe and Earth, is an epic hero's tale of Christ, the valiant spiritual warrior who saved all of existence by His grace for His namesake and Glory.

It's all about Jesus. This life. Heaven is Jesus. All of eternity will be about knowing God and Jesus, for they are infinetely worthy of being worshipped for all of eternity. Seek first the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness, and all will be added unto you. Spiritual holiness and His righteous is the light and is far, far, far superior to any deceitful hedonism flesh, the pride of life throughout the world and if you cannot see this, the truth is not in you. Seek Christ to become born anew in the spirit so His spirit will come and abide in you. He will take you out of this world, from the very jaws of Satan and the gates of Hell he seeks to drag you into - For he seeks to rob, destroy and kill - all of God's good gifts, word and blessings from you inner world and without.

Come unto the peace that surpassive all understanding, in love, I beg to all, for what glorious amazing and eternal future awaits all those who call upon the Lord - freedom - from death and untruth (sin) - unto everlasting life and light!

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 01:27 PM
link   

It's not, I think, therefore I am.

Rather, you think, but do not know why and from whence came the thinking, therefore there is God. That is the natural logical choice from it is only then right to attribute everything orderly, wonderful, and altogher so perfect as the world is, to a higher power.

There is ample evidence all humans KNOW God exists, period. There are without excuse, knowing there is a God, but not being grateful or worshipping Him.

The just shall live by faith. 18For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. 20For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: 21Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 23And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. 24Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: 25Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. 26For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections:

goservglobal.org...#:~:text=According%20to%20Rom ans%201%3A19,man%20in%20His%20own%20image.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join