It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A study from The Lancet finds a lower risk of developing Long COVID

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: nickyw

I have an altered sense of smell and taste after contacting something 20 months ago. Onions and anything with onions in it smell and taste disgusting.......as well as some perfume fragrances smell really bad.
Fairy laundry liquid smells like sewage.

I have never had a virus that did this before.

edit on 30-8-2023 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

post viral syndrome is a strange one, i've had a smelling/blocked nose issues since i was discharged nearly 18 months ago for a chest infection that came on after i had a pf4 clot ie a strong autoimmune response to the vaccine.. I've not had covid even though i was on a ward with covid patients so my blocked nose is post viral syndrome to the chest infection.. rather than responses to covid or the vaccine.

being able to pinpoint why is a positive the negative is that post viral syndrome is a # thing that can last years..
edit on 30-8-2023 by nickyw because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: nickyw

post viral syndrome is a strange one, my wife had symptoms that mirrored arthritis, if she hadn't had private medical with her job the NHS gp treatment/wait times would have induced the arthritis..

i've had a smelling/blocked nose issues since i was discharged nearly 18 months ago for a chest infection that came on after i had a pf4 clot ie a strong autoimmune response to the vaccine.. I've not had covid even though i was on a ward with covid patients so my blocked nose is post viral syndrome to the chest infection.. rather than responses to covid or the vaccine.

being able to pinpoint why is a positive the negative is that post viral syndrome is a # thing that can last years..

It's nearly two years now.

I didn't have a blocked nose when I completely lost all taste and smell 20 months ago......and I don't have a blocked nose now.......just have bad odors instead of what things should smell like.
edit on 30-8-2023 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ch1nch1lla

List of side effects of metformin are gonna make that a hard pass from me, dawg.

Yeah, sometimes the side effects are worse than what you are taking them for.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 06:10 AM
link   
When HCQ got blocked, something stunk real bad.

As for my covid experience, I got hit soon after the boarders opened up. Over the worst in 18 hours with my treatment. As for the long term effect, took 3-6 months to get my energy levels back. Felt like a lot of my mytarcondra, energy functioning components of the cell got cooked. With that kind of time frame, might of been the red blood cells that got a good bashing?

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021
One of my nieces has contracted long COVID as a result of an infection 3 months ago. She, and her family, refused the vaccine. All came down with the virus, she seems to have drawn the short straw.

She is not yet 30 years old, she had to quit her job due to the onset of chronic fatigue-like symptoms, nausea, and heart palpitations. I am worried that she may be developing depression, as well, based on my last time seeing her a couple of weeks ago.

I am trying to help apply for Unemployment Insurance, and maybe SSI disability if her doctor confirms her heart condition is permanent.

It's no joke, man. I wish people would quit treating it like it is. My sister came out of it with permanent brain damage. She was 30 and healthy before she caught it.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Classic COVID symptoms. My sense of smell/taste changed from it. Lack of 'flavor' and everything is off. Some chemicals are overwhelming and make me nauseous. Laundry detergents are the WORST.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels
Classic COVID symptoms. My sense of smell/taste changed from it. Lack of 'flavor' and everything is off. Some chemicals are overwhelming and make me nauseous. Laundry detergents are the WORST.

It changed the taste of coffee for me, one of my favorite things. Made it taste disgusting! I powered through it and adapted though lol. I don't know if my taste is back to normal now, or if I just got used to the new flavor.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Uphill
Why such faith in allopathic medicine when allopathic medicine could well be contributory factor in many modern ailments?

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Uphill ---- from the US National Institutes of Health is an additional discussion of these study findings, explained for the general public:

covid19.nih.gov...

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: teapot --- please see my earlier reply above, where I explained that any germ which can cause brain damage gets my full attention.

As early as 2021, results of MRI scans began to show brain damage in people previously diagnosed with COVID-19. Last year, the international journal Nature published a study of Rhesus monkeys infected with COVID-19, whose brains upon necropsy showed widespread damage from the SARS_CoV-2 virus. That principal investigator in the US is Tracy Fischer, PhD.

My family and I consume a lowfat vegetarian diet, we exercise, and only see medical doctors when necessary. For over 15 years, I have gotten many health benefits from following macrobiotic and acupuncturist recommendations for diet and exercise. We very rarely use allopathic medications, which are often very expensive and may have many side effects.

Recent books for the general public like 2018's Influenza, by Jeremy Brown, MD, 2013's Spillover, by David Quammen, 2022's Breathless, also by David Quammen, 2007's The Fatal Strain by Alan Sipress, and Pulitzer Prize winner Lawrence Wright's 2020 fiction book The End of October and his 2021 nonfiction book The Plague Year all show the magnitude of infectious disease threats in the 21st century to human civilization itself. For example, should Earth begin scaling back the current estimated total chicken population of 35 BILLION? ... maybe that is too many chickens.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Uphill
a reply to: putnam6 --- on metformin, sure, the pharma corporations welcome this development. My medication question is whether that cheap over-the-counter medication Pep-Cid (chemical name of famotidine) will also prove effective in reducing the risk of Long COVID in those now newly diagnosed with COVID-19. I still have some packets of Pep-Cid in a drawer that we bought in 2021, just in case, when medical studies seemed to show it helpful in fighting off COVID-19. I don't have the kind of US medical insurance that qualifies me for affordable medications, so my family + I decided to rely on rabbit food + exercise to help strengthen our immune systems. Time will tell.

You post as though you are the only American without health insurance. You also posted as you fear COVID and consequently fear long COVID too.

Your concern and worry about lack of insurance and fear and apprehension over COVID and long COVID are likely more detrimental than no insurance and/or afflictions you are concerned about.

THINK ABOUT IT.... how much do you trust your doctor? Why do we believe that just because a doctor takes an oath they are less likely to screw you over and go for a needless treatment ESPECIALLY if you have insurance. I've personally come across two medicines I was supposed to take for the rest of my life and later found relief through diet and or supplements.

Kidney function was normal, blood pressure and cholesterol normal when all 3 were off the charts previously

I wanted to get insurance but NGL when I checked how much the bronze service was, I would have had to get a 2nd job.

That doesn't mean socialized medicine either because I can be pragmatic and suggest we can't have it both ways by suggesting we are overpopulated yet while medicine is extending life, it's not increasing the quality of life.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6 ---- I did say in my OP (at top of this thread) that I admit to fearing *only* Long COVID ... that's because of the documented brain damage which evidently accompanies Long COVID.

On US health insurance availability, I have been aware for decades (especially when I worked in health care) that my lack of comprehensive health insurance is not unique to me. I have basic insurance but have not yet bothered to get insurance for medication coverage, because I agree with others on this thread that far too many medications are not worth taking due to eye-watering lists of side effects, and then there's the often unreasonable cost that is not always completely covered by insurance.

Oh, another alternative healing method that works for me so far is the Blood Type diet, which improved areas of my health that did not respond to any other treatments.

You raise the question of whether doctors should be trusted. I worked in health environments with hundreds of doctors, sometimes on medical audit committees in hospitals where their own patterns of practice went under the microscope. For my own family's medical care, we look first for a doctor who is a good communicator. Then we look for confirmation of diagnoses, getting an outside opinion when needed, etc.

"It's not increasing the quality of life" ... I hear you. That's why my family and I have used a number of alternative and complementary medicine strategies from time to time.

In conclusion, it's a darn good idea to avoid Long COVID. Raw organic ginger is a healing food I recommend to ward off infections ... it's an immune system multiplier and it accelerates healing ... not many natural foods can do all that.
edit on 8/31/2023 by Uphill because: Added paragraph

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 12:21 AM
link   
A Scam Long COVID study - Long COVID poised to be an evidence based fiasco!

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Uphill
a reply to: GoShredAK One of the UK's leading national and international medical journals, The Lancet subjects its included medical studies such as the above in the OP to rigorous fact-checking and biostatistics analysis.

LOL.

That's hilarious. You really haven't been taking much notice it seems. Start with the fraudulent HCQ study that the Lancet published despite the reviewers being unable to get the data to review, and despite the data claims being utterly ridiculous at first glance.

It was retracted when the Guardian brought it to the world's attention, not because of any rigorous process of the journal.

Then there was that article/propaganda piece by Daszak and friends where we know from email correspondence that the main authors didn't even believe what they wrote lol. Don't stop there though...

The BMJ was about the only journal that kept a slight semblance of credibility (that's because Peter Doshi is one of its editors).

The rest of them are all propaganda rags where anything to do with the pharmafia is concerned, because they control what gets published and the terms "conflict of interest" is a welcomedfeature.

The Lancet is the medical version of the "Daily Mail".

edit on 1-9-2023 by Quintilian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Uphill ---- for those of us with family members who may have to undergo surgery, a method has been developed to suppress transmission of viruses in the surgery room:

medicalxpress.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Metformin is a diabetes drug that helps lower your blood sugar. I have been taking it for literally years. It has kept my diabetes in check and though there is a long laundry list of POSSIBLE side effects, I have experienced NONE of them. Don't let a list of side effects deter you from taking a medication. If you do experience a side effect, fine. Stop. But it is unlikely you will experience any of them. It's just a scare tactic. Also, it's relatively cheap. Claiming "Big Pharma" makes billions off this drug is laughable. It averages about $10 a month. For me, it is free.

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
a reply to: v1rtu0s0
Everyone I know who has long covid got sick before the vaccines were available.

So, exactly how many people do you know that are claiming to have it in order to milk the system?

Just curious...

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl
So, exactly how many people do you know that are claiming to have it in order to milk the system?

Just curious...

Making fun of disabled people, huh? Typical and classy.
edit on 5-9-2023 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
a reply to: tanstaafl
Making fun of disabled people, huh? Typical and classy.

And when they are faking it to take advantage of the system and steal from me (and all of the other net contributors)?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join