It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What makes an ATS member?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Recently I've been thinking of the general population. And, from what I can see, there really are a helluva lot of "shells" out there. People who simply exist. They go to work, they come home, they eat, the watch movies, they sleep they die. They have no control or care about the world around them. They simply exist off of the work of others with little self thought.

My parents basically.

Yet, here we are. You and I and all of us where born here in America (atleast most of us on ATS where) and we all where raised in similer circumstances (or maby not?).

Somehow though, we came to ATS in search of answers to our questions. Something caused us to doubt our government, look into the outside, and look into the inside.

We are on the fringes of society looking in, I can just feel it.

So what caused you to join ATS and the general "outsider" mindset?

For me it was a thirst for knowledge... I was sick of the crap they shove down me in school, and I wanted to see what was REALLY happening in the world. That and I like space, and well, theres some intereting discussions about space here on ATS.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
For me, I found ATS by accident.

There are far too many Lizard people (Or shells as you call them) out there afraid to question anything, or do anything about anything.

I knew that there had to be others like me out there, People who knew something wasn't right, like Neo in the Matrix. Regardless of what belief system you subscribe to.

Here I have found people who share similar concepts to those that I posess. There are always those who are too narrow minded to concider an opposing point of view, but what good would it be if everyone agreed all the time. There are a lot of briliant people here, as well as a lot od Quacks.

Question everything, and decide for yourself what is bull and what is valid. Remember though, proof does not equal truth, and truth can not always be proven. There are things that people know, and are correct with their ideas, although they don't know why or how they know it. As well as those that can hand you pages of referances supporting their side that are nothing more than rubbish.

You will know when you are thinking outside the box when you can see not only the contents of the box as seen from above, but when you can see the sides of the box.

The only thing science ever prooved was that if you took 7 raindeer to the top of a building and threw them off one at a time. Those raindeer, on that particular day, under those conditions, were unable to fly from that building. Everything else is conjecture and theory.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Well, almost 4 years ago, I also found ats by accident. Looking for Majestic 12 docs and I stumbled upon the ats home site. Got my info and was on my way. About a year later, I saw the discussion board link. I had never been on a board before, so I decided to join. From the past to the present, Ive met so many friends, some I still chat with like Shugo nad The Real Deal. I thank ats for help me develop a "online social life" which helped me to get out and meet people, and develop a real social life. I thank ats for helping me.

-J

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I was born in Australia and have always believed that these human things suck bigtime.

Why, I don't know, all I know is that i am different to most if not all. I can not follow a mindless lamb to slaughter mentality.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 05:31 AM
link   
The lack of apathy that breeds in the majority of the world cannot be found at ATS, thats what makes us different. We are the ones who are not scared to talk when not spoken to, we are not scared off by governments who lie to us. We are the open ones, children of the matrix, so to speak.

Ive been a member since i was 17, im 19 now, i even lurked on this site when i was about 14 mainly for Area 51. My research into the new world order brought me here and opened doors to a bed of knownledge that i didnt know even existed. Now, nearly two years on, i am FSME in the area i love the most.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I'm Australian too and also came by ATS by accident. Just read for a long time then recently finally decided to join up, I'm sick of sheep.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Yep, I found this place by accident. One day I got bored and looked for UFO sites. Incidentlly one of the top five referred me over here back in 2003. So I read the stuff for a while and then I got very interested.

I loved how well run ATS was, that and the interesting topics that could be discussed without fear of being called gay, or stupid or just plain crazy.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I found this place in late 2002 or early 2003 when I used the search term "top secret". I finaly joined on January 15th of 2004 when I became interested in the whole New World Order conspiracy concept.

My mother is a "shell" like cownosecat says, any time I start talking to her about anything that goes against what mainstream media says she tells me she doesn't want to lose sleep thinking about bad things going on in the world.

My father and brother on the other hand are more like me and question things. I never thought he was like that but ever since I joined ATS and started talking about some of the subjects that I encounter here my father talks more openly about his opinions now that he sees that he's not alone.

ATS is great because it makes us feel like we're not alone and makes us generaly more aware of things in our daily lives.

[edit on 12-4-2005 by Ranger]

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I have an old house......so I was researching for restoration ideas on About.com Architecture, then followed a link to paranomal subjects in the About.com lists.....and somewhere in all of that I found a link to Abovetopsecret's paranormal forum!!! TA DA! I was hooked!

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I was doing some research on the whole TR-3B subject, I was a regular visitor of Rense.com before, the only source I could find for some of this kind of conspiracy stuff, but then THANKFULLY I found the abovetopsecret.com website, rense was VERY unreliable, but there are some decent subjects on there.

I've always been looking for the truth, Aliens, Aircraft, military, secret facillities, paranormal activity...basically most of the subjects on ATS.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 04:11 AM
link   
What makes an ATS member?

1 part trusting the web site.

2 parts not trusting "the government".

7 parts anti paranoia medication. (Time to top it up for some).

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   
hmm, what makes an ATS member?

1. someone who's not trusting traditional news/media.

2. someone who knows there's something more to it than 'normal way of life'.

3. someone who seeks out knowledge and wants to talk to others about it.

4. a person who likes extremely big avatars

BTW, is there a way to find out the percentage of American members on ATS?

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I was doing a yahoo search to find out about the building tensions between China and Taiwan because I wanted to know if the U.S was going to get into the middle of:

And was pleasantly surprised to not only find news articles, but a lengthy discussion about it.

So, I included ATS in my usual loop which included:
www.cnn.com...
www.worthynews.com...
www.amnesty.org... and
www.cia.gov...

I then found a forum called "Conspiracies in Religion" and have been addicted since. Every night I have a hard decision to make. Come here or play:

Evvvvvvveerrrrrquessssssssssst.....

[edit on 21-4-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
This may sound hokey to some, but not to others. I sometimes wonder if we aren't brought together somehow for purposes that may be a bit beyond our mortal ken...

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I found this place after looking for rail gun stuff and basically military stuff...been here ever since....

I think we came here because we shared one thing.....a thirst for knowledge but everyone on here is diffrent and so has diffrent reasons....

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
The lack of apathy that breeds in the majority of the world cannot be found at ATS

My understanding of Apathy is the lack of motivation and ispiration to accomplish even the most simplist of mundane things.

I think apathy breeds in the majority of the world. You state the lack of apathy can't be found on ATS..this is confusing. Are you sure you're using the word right or am I missing something?

I would say we are a microcosm of society and therefore have a majority of members who are apathetic. I know I am one of them. (Didn't use to be but have finally succumbed).

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
i came to ats nearly 2 years ago after some piqued curiosity surrounding UFOs etc. (pretty generic) -basically, i could tell there was more to it. i never guessed at the extreme time people put into studying it. it was just a matter of time before i joined. ats has really helped shape me as a person. since being here i have seriously considered the most profound possiblities - yet am able to stay grounded. many of my opinions have changed.

i think 911 had a lot to do with it too. i expect ats ratings nearly doubled since 2001.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
In the eyes of a "normal" person, ATS members are some of the wierdest people you will ever meet. We believe in UFOs, prophecies, hollow earth, ghosts, extra dimensions, government conspiracy, the existence of secret societies, paranormal powers, and other things.

In the eyes of an ATS member, "normal" people are weird.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by invader_chris
In the eyes of an ATS member, "normal" people are weird.

and boring!

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I found ATS when looking for secret military aircraft. I started reading all the different subjects and knew I had to join. I've been a believer in UFO's for a while and was frustrated that I had no one to converse with. Now I can't get off when I should and go to bed and get some sleep. This place is the best.

[edit on 4/21/2005 by Hal9000]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join