It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

over 4 years of cycling cross country in Japan I got my second flat tire today here in Japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Well anyway it's like a hundred degrees out in the sun and I'm sweating and my water bottle is halfway empty or maybe halfway full no matter how you want to look at it and I got a flat tire luckily I always carry two tubes.
Should I put the tube in the tire and then it didn't work out so properly so I had to rearrange the tube underneath the tire it finally succeeded but would you believe that the air pressure point that you put the air in was bent yeah I don't know exactly what you want to call it it was bent. .
So now I got my tube into my tire put it on the front tire and going to head back to camp I'm telling you camping is so wonderful if you're prepared for the unless uncertainties like there's actually a typhoon coming man but I understand we're just going to get the wind and rain due to the elevation of the mountains for the next three days.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Enjoy your shinrin yoku.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Try going tubeless unless you’re unlucky enough to tear your tyre wall you will never suffer a puncture again.

All you do is remove your inner tubes, line the wheel rims with tape to seal them, put this special liquid in the tyres which will seal any punctures as they happen.

Look up tubeless kits and a YouTube video showing you how to do it. You’ll be glad you did.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cloudbuster
Enjoy your shinrin yoku.

Sure why not great weather since the typhoon passed by lots of damage in the mountains with mudslides luckily I wasn't there when it happened.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul
a reply to: musicismagic

Try going tubeless unless you’re unlucky enough to tear your tyre wall you will never suffer a puncture again.

All you do is remove your inner tubes, line the wheel rims with tape to seal them, put this special liquid in the tyres which will seal any punctures as they happen.

Look up tubeless kits and a YouTube video showing you how to do it. You’ll be glad you did.

A friend of mine has those type of tires and he recommended me to actually check into it I I know I'm going to be in a new tire buying spree pretty quick my rear tire seems best days the front tires what I got the flat on I just I know how it happened it was just there was not enough air and I hit the darn curve or whatever right on the the sprout of their sprout and just really broke the end to the tube the second time I've done that anyway thanks for the tip I really appreciate it I assume you're a good cycle that's also here in Japan cycling is really great man other than a few roads it's pretty safe to really cycle.

posted on Aug, 25 2023 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Well my tire gave me some problems couldn't it wouldn't stay over under the rim eventually I got to a bicycle shop today and the mechanic took care of it really quickly the guy was pretty cool too he didn't charge him any money and any oil the chain to which was badly needed besides that I was going to buy some oil anyway so that's pretty cool

posted on Aug, 25 2023 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I have been cycling for years. Road Bikes. There are several reasons for having flats but most often people fail to inflate properly. I am sure you do so that not being the problem, if you only had two flats in four years I would be highly interested in what kind of tires you use. Not tubes. Nearly all are cheap china or Tiawan made. It is the tire that is significant if properly inflated.
I don't know whats available to you in Japan. I have had three flats in ten years and two were my fault. I use Continental Gatorskins. But sounds like you also have very little problems with flats so just interested in what tires you use.

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Where are you in Japan?
I lived in Kanagawa Prefecture for three years.
Near Sagami Hara at Camp Zama.
Took the bullet train to Hiroshima once.
Went into Tokyo a few times.
Tokyo Disney Land was fun.
But didn't really see much of the country.
Army kept me busy.

new topics

top topics

join