It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is How Bad It’s Getting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Forget shoplifting, wait to you hear this story.

Through my grocery store and their credit card I earn points. It’s actually very generous (if you pay off your balance each month)
I had over $110 in credit to use on groceries and poof, it was gone. The store actually notified me that they suspected unauthorized use.

Turns out someone in Ohio was stealing peoples points for food. Luckily they quickly credited me back the points… BUT
How bad is it that people aren’t just stealing money but points for food now.
I suspect an inside job…but who knows.

Crazy!

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Yeah I would be upset too, if I gave away my privacy and then got the reward for it stolen.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 04:47 PM
link   

You got a customer card, with a magnetic strip or chip? They read it standing next to you, and/or might have hacked your online account.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Imagine what it's going to be like when they take cash away and all you have is points.

When you have a chip in your hand.....you won't be able to hide your wallet somewhere safe.
I can imagine people walking around with hands missing.

edit on 14-8-2023 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 04:56 PM
link   
This is how bad things have gotten with Bideconomics and after 2 years of Democratic Party control.
People stealing grocery points to feed their families.
Homelessness has risen in the past 2 years.
endhomelessness.org...

It is so bad out there is everyday average US citizens lives, that a song came out recently decrying the forgotten people, the middle class.
Liberals have said this is a political song and uber right-wing and it needs to be cancelled and people should be forbidden from hearing it.

If you are a liberal tell me why this song should be cancelled
and why it has been labeled by left leaning influencers as
ultra right wing.

Why do Democrats hate this song so much and the people it represents?
If you are a liberal, please answer this, I'd like to know what is so subversive
about the lyrics and offensive to liberal/Democrat sensibilities?

This IS the US today, my BFF has a neighbor that we have had to buy food for because her income did not rise the huge percentage that the cost of food and gas has risen the past 2 years.

It is bad out in everyday people land in the USA, and Biden says things are great economically and makes regulations that increase the cost of necessary items, like HVAC's/gas stoves/gas furnaces/etc. Ever increasing the cost of items needed to survive and not caring about the everyday American who can't afford to replace their broken heater - or can't even afford enough food to survive. AND now liberals say it is anti-American, to speak in public or sing in public about it, and people who bring this up should be cancelled and forbidden to speak about it.

edit on 8/14/23 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Imagine what it's going to be like when they take cash away and all you have is points.

When you have a chip in your hand.....you won't be able to hide your wallet somewhere safe.

Surgical instalation requires patient consent

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I was in my local supermarket a few days ago.

I was waiting for my wife by the exit doors. Near the door was a collection bin where people could donate food for the local food bank, which people who couldn't afford to buy much food could use free of charge.
As i was standing waiting for my wife, along came a woman who have just purchased her groceries, her shopping trolly nearly filled to the top. She then stopped at the food bank donation bin, and started to take food OUT and put into her trolley.

Only one word for a person who would do that kind of thing. A word i can't use on here.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 05:28 PM
link   
With inflation and food prices, America's obesity problem just might cure itself...

Earlier this year, stores in our neighboring Blue utopia had to put personal care products behind lock and key. Freaking soap and shampoo!! If people were down to stealing those, matter of time before food would be next.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

I was waiting for my wife by the exit doors. Near the door was a collection bin where people could donate food for the local food bank, which people who couldn't afford to buy much food could use free of charge.
As i was standing waiting for my wife, along came a woman who have just purchased her groceries, her shopping trolly nearly filled to the top. She then stopped at the food bank donation bin, and started to take food OUT and put into her trolley.

Only one word for a person who would do that kind of thing. A word i can't use on here.

Shame on you for not blasting her with those words.
And taking pictures with your phone, for use on Facebook. Somebody’s gotta do something besides complaining about it.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

You're video is not working. Are you talking about this one ?

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies
This is how bad things have gotten with Bideconomics and after 2 years of Democratic Party control.
endhomelessness.org...

It is so bad out there is everyday average US citizens lives, that a song came out recently decrying the forgotten people, the middle class.
Liberals have said this is a political song and uber right-wing and it needs to be cancelled and people should be forbidden from hearing it.

ultra right wing.

If you are a liberal, please answer this, I'd like to know what is so subversive

This IS the US today, my BFF has a neighbor that we have had to buy food for because her income did not rise the huge percentage that the cost of food and gas has risen the past 2 years.

It is bad out in everyday people land in the USA, and Biden says things are great economically and makes regulations that increase the cost of necessary items, like HVAC's/gas stoves/gas furnaces/etc. Ever increasing the cost of items needed to survive and not caring about the everyday American who can't afford to replace their broken heater - or can't even afford enough food to survive. AND now liberals say it is anti-American, to speak in public or sing in public about it, and people who bring this up should be cancelled and forbidden to speak about it.

Your video did not work.

Is it this one?

And Whoopie is getting sued for defamation.Good!

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: The2Billies

You're video is not working. Are you talking about this one ?

Yes.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight

originally posted by: The2Billies
endhomelessness.org...

ultra right wing.

Your video did not work.

Is it this one?

And Whoopie is getting sued for defamation.Good!

No

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: SigmaXSquared

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Surgical instalation requires patient consent

Yeah, just like vaccines.

Ever heard of the word coercion?

On topic, I've been # on a lot in my lifetime. I only hope the people who took advantage of me really really needed what they took. At the end of the day, I'm still good but my feelings have been hurt, especially by those I loved and trusted.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Nothing new about stealing points.

A few decades ago, they were stealing hotel points. They sent emails and created a false website that looked like Hilton.
I thought that was pretty risky because it required staying at a property.

Then there were the diet coke cap codes. Those were stolen too and a mother/daughter team were convicted of writing a computer program to win all the contests.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

I heard that people will be offered $2000 a month if they take it.....can't remember where I heard it...it may come back to me.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

You got a customer card, with a magnetic strip or chip? They read it standing next to you, and/or might have hacked your online account.

I think they must have had a hidden camera because you need a PIN number to use the points.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

That’s terrible. One could assume she was picking up a few extras for someone in need.. but you would think by the look of her full cart maybe she could have spared some herself.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 08:09 PM
link   

There are many cameras at all the checkouts. You just need to see from the right one while someone is pushing the buttons.

Inside job? Most likely.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

You just have to take control, anything within arm's length is in your space. Which means they can lose an arm. lol

Cheers - Dave

top topics

<<   2 >>

join