It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to Bud Light Best Buy! Retailer goes full woke by discriminating against its white employees

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Best Buy has it's time and place and rarely does it interfere in my life.

My husband used to work there, no longer, due to certain buisness practices in the tech department.

These days we use alternatives for our tech shopping, I advise you to do the same, should you feel so inclined.

edit on 8/14/23 by GENERAL EYES because: clarity

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2
Boycotts are hard to pull off when you don't have the main stream media in your back pocket. Not everyone listens to AM radio. If I wasn't a member here at ATS I might have never known that I wasn't supposed to drink bud light.

You must live in a very narrow silo. It’s sort of been huge news in every medium you will encounter.
Do you live in a cave in Uzbekistan ?

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge2
a reply to: dandandat2

So the new racism is better than the old racism from way back in the past? I really can't see the difference in the two racisms. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Lol, this was yesterday’s thinking.
Today it’s all about the revenge for things going back 300 years on our little patch of land.
Todays racism is indeed better….. it’s greeeeeeaaat !
Problem is the repubs and conservatives fight back zealously about once every 5 years. While the dems, leftists, communists, deviants, do it all day every day of the year.
The commies are delivering lawfare against every GOP candidate who can possibly win anything, 24/7.
Not only will the GOP NEVER do this, they won’t even stick up for their own, in any way.
GOP folks going to jail for thoughts and talking and having opinions, while the left is enjoying the decriminalization of virtually every law.
edit on 14-8-2023 by stevieray because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-8-2023 by stevieray because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: stevieray

i would argue given who the advocates are we are seeing a rehash of the white mans burden in terms of the way the rich see it..

but it also denotes ideologies and empires at end of life..

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Bye bye Best Buy .

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

I routinely self-identify as a queergender disabled lesbian black lady (transracial, of course, just for extra fun) who is in their late 90s on surveys just to mess with survey & demographic data.

Identify as a retired rail or public employee eligible for that guaranteed pension!

For BB, I haven’t been there in years, but they occasionally have online deals I’ll take full advantage of.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
Bye bye Best Buy .

I like very much this slogan!

Bye bye Best Buy!

And ..... You go woke you go broke!

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

A memo from retail giant Best Buy was revealed on Tuesday highlighting the company's professional development program for employees who "identify as Black, Latino, Hispanic, Asian or Pacific Islander."

LOL

It's probably a workshop led by corporate white males, intent on making Black, Latino, Hispanic, Asian and Pacific Islander employees more come across less ethnic and more "white".

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

A memo from retail giant Best Buy was revealed on Tuesday highlighting the company's professional development program for employees who "identify as Black, Latino, Hispanic, Asian or Pacific Islander."

LOL

It's probably a workshop led by corporate white males, intent on making Black, Latino, Hispanic, Asian and Pacific Islander employees more come across less ethnic and more "white".

Great to see you again trying to downplay the practise of discrimination! Another round of whataboutism! Congratulations!

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Yes, because it is absolutely impossible for it to be exactly what it says it is...just has to be a way for white people to make everyone else just like them.

Do you see this all the time? When was the last time you saw someone get pulled into an office and told "be more white"?

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I do not understand the lefts obsession with minorities, I understand wanting to help those that need it, I get that. But they are OBSESSED with them.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Keep up all this nonsense and you will likely find out what true discrimination looks like. like it or not the "woke #" is going to end up getting Trump reelected.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Best Buy probably was forced to do it to increase their DEI score.

It's basically fascism when government regulatory agencies and investment firms get to dictate what a private company can and cannot do.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I don't want to put anyone down, but retail and customer service jobs suck. A best buy manager's base salary is 64k per year.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It's basically fascism when government regulatory agencies and investment firms get to dictate what a private company can and cannot do.

Is it more of a push for a good ESG score rather than DEI? The latter is about disabilities if I am not wrong.

Here you can find a good article about the ESG scam

www.newsweek.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Is it more of a push for a good ESG score rather than DEI? The latter is about disabilities if I am not wrong.

Here you can find a good article about the ESG scam

www.newsweek.com...

Apologies.

I stand corrected.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

Do you see this all the time? When was the last time you saw someone get pulled into an office and told "be more white"?

Yes, all the time.

www.nytimes.com...

edit on 14-8-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I find that very hard to believe, you must work in a snowflake factory

Where exactly do you see this happening "all the time", and you know for sure they are being told they need to "be more white" how?

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: PorkChop96

Yes, all the time.

www.nytimes.com...

Is this any evidence?!
An article by the very left wing New York Times.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Best Buy is the place to go when you want to check out something you're interested in then go home and order it off Amazon.

That's one of the reasons there are fewer and fewer BBs around. Lots of shoppers, no buyers.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join