It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pilot Report UFOs? - $10,000 fine And Ten Years In Jail.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

I stand corrected and eat digital crow…..

1994—Pub. L. 103–322 substituted "fined under this title" for "fined not more than $10,000" in undesignated par. after subsec. (f).

I didn’t read any of those amendments.

The $1000 and $5000 applies to other sections not ….not section §793. Gathering, transmitting or losing defense information….which is what’s mentioned in the JANAP146(E) Security info.

Ok so there is a $10,000 fine……

Now can you interpret the OP topic title as to how the $10,000 fine is applied to pilots reporting UFO’s …I’m presuming of the Aliens variety.

👽

edit on 14-8-2023 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 06:24 AM
link   
This is how I see it:
they say that "any person who makes an unauthorized transmission or disclosure of such a report may be liable to prosecution under Title 18 of the US Code 793, Chapter 37", so they are making a parallel between "unauthorized transmission or disclosure" of a CIRVIS report and "transmitting or losing defense information", so, in fact, they may be "fined not more than $10,000" and/or "imprisoned not more than ten years".

Now, can anyone clarify what this means, please?

Indictment for Violating This Section and Sections 793, 794; Limitation Period
Act Sept. 23, 1950, ch. 1024, §19, 64 Stat. 1005, provided that an indictment for any violation of this section and sections 793 and 794 of this title, other than a violation constituting a capital offense, may be found at any time within ten years next after such violation shall have been committed, but that such section 19 shall not authorize prosecution, trial, or punishment for any offense "now" barred by the provisions of existing law.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Any person who makes an unauthorized transmission or disclosure of such a report may be liable to prosecution under Title 18 of the US Code, Chapter 37, or the
Canadian Official Secrets Act of 1939, as amended.

PDF

<< 1   >>

join