It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leprosy May Now be Endemic in Florida

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 01:28 PM
link   
30 people infected in The Whole state of Florida.

It’s hard to catch. [url=https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-12361957/Can-leprosy-cured-CDC-issues-travel-advisory-Florida-state-sees-increase-cases.html]Link[/url ]

Brief physical interactions such as shaking hands with a patient, sitting next to them on a bus or train or having a meal together would not lead to transmission. Instead, an individual would need months of regular close contact with an infected patient to be at risk of catching the disease themselves.

Article above shows it’s at lowest number of cases in years also.

Sounds like more sour grapes Florida bashing from the left.

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze
Endemic. LMAO

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

I also trucked two black racers with a lawnmower.

Don't Kill Black Snakes !!

They actually eat other snakes like Copperhead and Water Moccasin and they are not dangerous to humans.

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkwingduck
Please don't kill the king snakes. They kill and eat the venomous snakes. They are a good friend to have around the yard.

I don't think humans should kill anything, we aren't clever enough to disrupt nature's balance. Killing some animals in droves is totally upsetting a carefully balanced eco system, leading to other problems.
Killing all rats would not have stopped the bubonic plague as it was carried and propagated most of all by humans.

As dreadful as it was, it sorted itself out. That's Nature. We are somehow alien to it. We are probably not from here.

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Leprosy is one of if not the least infectious of all communicable diseases.
[url=https://www.cdc.gov/leprosy/transmission/index.html#:~:text=Prolonged%2C%20close%20contact%20with%20someone,each%20other%20on%20the%20bus]CDC[/ur l]

It is very hard to catch

Wait until the GOF labs get done with it.

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 09:41 PM
link   
In the middle of SC I have seen at least six dead armadillos on the roads the last two years. Two were on a road near the neighborhood I live. This is a new thing. They just suddenly showed up in our state. I knew about the Harvard medical school study about Leprosy and armadillo in 2011. Think of them as poisonous live poison ivy, poisonous tree frog, or poisonous snake… and stay away. You can keep your snakes on steroids over there in Georgia. I have a ten foot around the house barrier rule …. and then they are eliminated to become crow lunch. I am Protecting children and dogs from snakes reproducing and biting. I eliminate copperheads especially. TALL Boots and hoe method.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

I also kill snakes. I took out a Copperhead and Water Moccasin last year. Both were 6 footers.

I also trucked two black racers with a lawnmower. Both were 8 footers.
Yikes

No they weren’t. A six foot contortrix would be a world record by a HUGE margin. The stories aren’t made any better throwing bull# into the mix. You can make your point without exaggerating. Same goes for the 8’ Racers. They were NOT 8’.

Try harder.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Leprosy May Now be Endemic in Florida

Sounds almost Biblical....Book of Revelations, anyone?

Nope. Book 1 Verse 1 of the Book of DeSantis

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: sqd5driver

I stick to what I saw. Try harder yourself. I am not here to impress nor do a need a fan club of groupies. The racer had a diameter in the middle of what looked like 2" . Do you live in the South? We also have 5' diameter turtles. With claws that size of a human hand. Lake Murray South Carolina.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Don't Kill Black Snakes !!

They actually eat other snakes like Copperhead and Water Moccasin and they are not dangerous to humans.

You are 100% correct but they still have teeth and bite. How about I capture and send to you for a pet?

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

I agree with your IMHO.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Sounds almost Biblical....Book of Revelations, anyone?

The last time I spoke with Father Robert Morey in church I asked him what he thought. He said it sure beginning to look like it.

Look him up as his connection with Joe Biden

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Those that don't recognize this as a hit job on Florida are simple morons.

Percentages... give me the actual case numbers.

Right... more likely to get eaten by a shark, struck by lightning, or hit with heat stroke. All of which I'm sure the media and fed government agencies will be propagating as the agenda to tear down Florida will continue as it has since Florida bucked all the Trump and Company Convid nonsense.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Yes, killing all the animals really helped in the end. Leprosy is treatable and can be avoided. Education stops ignorance.

Not so fast ATS man! Seems one is still rolling the dice even with treatment:

Leprosy Reactions
Leprosy reactions occur during, before, or after treatment of leprosy. They exacerbate the neuropathy unless promptly treated, but are immunological in origin. They are of two types - type 1 or reversal reactions, and type 2 or erythema nodosum leprosum.

Leprosy reactions must be treated in a timely and effective manner to prevent nerve compression and resulting sensory loss, which inevitably leads to mutilating deformity. The reactions involve increased pain, inflammation, and infiltration. All of these should be managed to prevent nerve damage.

Ignorance is different than stupidity. I place humans above an animal such as this one along with the pain and suffering that would possibly cause myself and others. PM me your address or one of your star followers and I will catch, feed and ship the next one live and unharmed you you can repurpose it. Possibly as a pet.

I also have beaver issues. So do the trees they kill.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Yes dumb and frail. Nudge them gently with the bumper of a car they freak, have a heart attacked ad drop dead with all fours pointing to the sky

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

Yes, along with Club K's

posted on Aug, 4 2023 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Education stops ignorance.

I agree.

Know nothing of Armadillos, but I do have have experience with snakes. Beautiful and much misunderstood creatures. Have some of the deadliest snakes on earth round these parts but all you have to do is be careful and leave them alone. An awful lot of envenomations occur when people try to do as op. Prize "Darwin Award" candidates.

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Quintilian

Sure about that? Are you following the everglades story on snakes. How about that the grey squirrels from Europe practically wiped out the Red Squirrels here in the USA.

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I happened to read this the other day regarding leprosy:

More than 95 percent of the U.S. population is naturally immune to the infection caused by this bacterium. The infection is completely treatable, A patient may receive treatment with multiple antibiotics for 12 or 24 months, depending on the level of bacteria.

posted on Aug, 6 2023 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

The infection is completely treatable

True but they don't mention the lasting complications or disfigurement as its all about ones awareness that something is wrong from the onset

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join