It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaslighting - What does bedroom activity have to do with work?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The Bud Light thread nudged me to make this particular thread. I work for a very large company (not for long). I had this conversation with my boss at mid-year review time. He asked if I had ANY concerns whatsoever, and I couldn't honestly respond "No", so I said I didn't like the direction the company was taking. It took a notable turn this year.

I told him I didn't want to support a company that is celebrating bedroom activities and preferences. I said bedroom activity is private stuff and has no place in the workplace, yet they are spending the month highlighting people based on that qualification alone. Every day another person got some callout for that preference alone. Of course they pretend to highlight achievement, but your achievement didn't count unless you liked certain bedroom activities.

He tried to gaslight me briefly and claim that they aren't celebrating bedroom behavior.... I quickly corrected him,

Are you saying there is something different about everyone else and these people besides their preference in bedroom activity? Do they have some special characteristics that make them notable for celebration? Are they better at math, or have some special skill?

"No", I said, The ONLY difference between two people being best friends,and doing all kinds of activities together, even living under the same roof, and falling into one of those stripes on the flag is their preference in how they get diddled and who they do it with (bedroom behavior).

He finally got off his corporate horse and agreed.

It is literally the defining factor and not one other thing, so why are corporations celebrating this? Bedroom behavior has no real place in public discussion, much less as a workplace qualification. It is incredibly disrespectful for everyone to see someone highlighted because they choose one form of diddling over another.

People are no longer getting rolled over with the gaslighting and it is costing companies where they can feel it. Work should be about work skills and work behavior, and work should be highlighted for its work value and not some preference for one bedroom activity or another.
edit on 30-7-2023 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

People are no longer getting rolled over with the gaslighting and it is costing companies where they can feel it. Work should be about work skills and work behavior, and work should be highlighted for its work value and not some preference for one bedroom activity or another.

yep what ever floats your boat at home is not my concern. i may not like it, but i'm not gonna stick my nose in it unless your hurting others in some way or the other.

when in public view or service leave your sh@@ at the house and show professionalism.

edit on 30-7-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I’d say it’s far more about equal rights and acceptance in a workplace and society.

What “polite society “ forced to the fringes, and legally denied rights of livelihood just for being who they are needed to be corrected and recognized.

Same with the disabled, skin color, etc.

It’s not about the bedroom. That’s a cop out.

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Being that the only difference is what a person does in the bedroom, why is there any discrimination about it at all?

People don't need to know about what goes on in anyone else's.

Its called privacy. Keep your business in your bedroom and nobody has a problem! Viola

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
I’d say it’s far more about equal rights and acceptance in a workplace and society.

What “polite society “ forced to the fringes, and legally denied rights of livelihood just for being who they are needed to be corrected and recognized.

Praytell, what right has been lost by choosing said bedroom behavior? Stop gaslighting and pretending there is any difference except bedroom behavior.

Your response is exactly the gaslighting the thread is intending to show. People's race and disabilities also don't make them lose any rights. What rights are not equal for an Asian or native American person, or disabled person? It is gaslighting that makes people FEEL like there is some connection when there isn't.
edit on 30-7-2023 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 10:14 AM
link   

When the only way that someone can come to some sort of idea as to what their identity is revolves around being gay, bi, trans, etc, then yes, they make it about the bedroom.

If you don't make it your entire personality then nobody has any problems with it. But, it's those which that is all they have done, that are making this the problem that it really is. If they just acted as a human being instead of DEMANDING to be treated different than everyone else, then nobody would give a duck and they could live their lives like the rest of us.

Nobody gives a flying duck what your sexual preference is, but if you come into anything and your whole schtick is that you're gay/trans/bi/whatever, that shows you are more focused on that than whatever it is that you are there to do.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

Well stated!

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 10:17 AM
link   

What riights are being denied?

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Everyone was already accepted and working together before this practice of having to profess your pronouns.

What polite society forces experimental treatments in order to keep employement?

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Just in case someone tries to pull the non-allowance of same sex marriage argument out:

On June 26, 2015, the U.S. Supreme Court struck down all state bans on same-sex marriage, legalized it in all fifty states, and required states to honor out-of-state same-sex marriage licenses in the case Obergefell v. Hodges.

Remember: you can’t compel a church to host or a bakery to make your cake for same sex or trans marriage. Those institutions have their rights as well. Your rights end where there’s begin.

No rights are infringed upon for any of the groups listed by others in this thread.

For whatever reason they wear their sexual orientation on their sleeve and think we all have to listen and accept their actions. You can’t compel others to follow your wishes.
edit on 30-7-2023 by wdkirk because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Manager: it’s nice to meet you. Can you tell me about your background and how you see yourself as an effective team member in our company?

Job Applicant: Well, I identify as Pixy Plus Plus.

Manager: Um Kay. I don’t care about your dingaling or lack of dingaling or preferences with or without your dingaling. I’m wondering about your qualifications for this position.

Job Applicant: Wow! I don’t think I can work for you.

Manager: You are applying for this position. Do you not want to work for this company?

Applicant: I do, but I don’t think I can work for someone as intolerant as you. But I do want to work for this company.

Manager: Well, I am this company, and this is my company. I’d really like to know what you are qualified for. We’d really like to hire someone who knows this stuff.

Applicant: I am qualified and do know this industry well, but if you don’t acknowledge that I’m a Pixy Plus Plus then I don’t know how I could work here.

Manager: Ok, that’s odd. This job doesn’t require taking off your clothes and grinding with Furries. I’m at a bit of a loss here. Any ideas how we can resolve this?

Applicant: Yes, I’m going to have your company canceled and will be suing you in court.

Manager: Cool! Good luck out there you fawking idiot.

edit on 30-7-2023 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Could not have said it better

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Most every job applicant should know that you never answer a work/job related question with a personal/intimate answer. So, no soap.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Key word SHOULD, does not mean that everyone knows this. Schools don't teach how to do a job interview anymore

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

Key word SHOULD, does not mean that everyone knows this. Schools don't teach how to do a job interview anymore

no, they teach you how to change genders.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 10:49 AM
link   

As a disabled person; the last thing I want to be "recognized" for at work is my disability. I want to be "recognized" for my hard work, talent and dedication.... not my disability.

I know I have a disability; it hinders my ability to preform my work, talent and dedication; I don't need to be reminded of it at corporate events. And I don't want to be boiled down to that guy who "does a good job even though he is disabled".

It's great that corporations and the "majority" folk are being more inclusive... but sometimes I think you all are going about it wrong. As if its more about you and your willingness to be inclusive than it is about the people you are finally accepting.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: wdkirk

They really weren't satisfied with 'equal', they NEED to be special.

So they raise the ante and move the goalposts.

Democrats also needed gay marriage to be demagogued, Whoops, gotta try something else.

edit on 7/30/2023 by CoyoteAngels because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 10:57 AM
link   

You like to mix this all up into one big bucket to suggest it is all equal, and it is not. I need to keep reminding you that LGBTQIA++ are behaviors and things like disability and race etc are not.

Behaviors are based on societal norms and so where do we see something like "legally denied rights of livelihood" as you keep on suggesting with the rainbow community?

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

My laugh for the day.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 11:03 AM
link   

You give this type of crowd way more credit than they deserve. Same ones who a couple years ago were eating tide pods and eating spoonful's of cinnamon

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join