It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Passport Stuff Going on

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 02:52 PM
link   
While we are all focusing on UFOs, Celebrity sickness and deaths, there is news that is slipping the mainstream gaze.

I’ve read that just a passport won’t be enough to visit some European countries in 2024. You’ll have to complete a detailed “application”.
I’ve also heard that they may pause some passport renewals and that regular passports are severely delayed.
A family member signed up for one in December and received in it May, and that was with paid expedition. It is worse now.

So what’s happening that they don’t want Americans leaving?!!!!

If passports are taking so long why not HIRE people? Serious question. If demand is growing and not slowing down, why not hire more people. It’s not rocket science.

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Where did you read this?

a reply to: JAGStorm

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
Where did you read this?

www.cbsnews.com...

BOSTON - New requirements are on the horizon for travelers with a U.S. passport looking to get to Europe. The European Union continues to plan the rollout of new travel document requirements through its European Travel Information and Authorization System (ETIAS).

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

This is really weird..

www.cleveland.com...

State Department struggles to keep up with passport demand, puts online renewals on hold

Renewals should be easier than new application, but since the government is handling it, what do you expect?

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 03:04 PM
link   
It was on our news here. The report stated it would only take a few minutes to complete the required information. There is a website for it but the application section is not yet open.

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Yes, there have been delays since covid. I agree, hire more people. The visa will cost 8.00 in U.S. dollars, and will all be provided through email. I don't think it will inconvenience me too much.
edit on 26-7-2023 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
Yes, there have been delays since covid. I agree, hire more people. The visa will cost 8.00 in U.S. dollars, and will all be provided through email. I don't think it will inconvenience me too much.

Maybe not one of those things but let’s talk about everything all together.

-Passport delays
-New applications requirements
-Plane problems/cancellations etc
-Buying Euros is becoming more difficult. Many banks will not give it to you the same day. You have to make an appointment and get it the next day.

Something seems weird.

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Last time I had to renew I did it via mail. I think it took like 3 or 4 months? This was like maybe 8 years ago?

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Funny that, when I went to the US a few years ago I had to do one of them 'ESTA' forms. Then when on the plane I had to fill in another form before I was allowed in, asking about my reasons to visit and such like. This got me into a heated argument with the Department Of Homeland Security because I didn't complete the form correctly.

Paperwork can be a bummer, but it's life and sometimes you just have to suck it up to visit places.

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 03:23 PM
link   
My grandmother went to renew her passport and she wanted expedited and it we were waiting for 5 or six months. Where are all the people who have all the jobs in this wonderful economy????

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: MCurns

That’s cause you did it wrong, just go to Mexico first, then walk or swim across the border. No papers? No problem.

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 03:45 PM
link   
it's the same type of system europeans are required to get to get into the usa.. now everyone is making it hard for each other to visit when it starts impacting tourist dollars pounds euros they'll reverse ferret on it..

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I applied for my passport at the beginning of June and got it in the mail on Monday (did not pay to expedite either). Just one data point but this is my 1st-hand experience for what it's worth

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 04:04 PM
link   
In Canada, the federal civil service has increased nearly 30% under Trudeau and passport delays are still the norm. It is my feelings that travel is being made as inconveniant and difficult as possible. The powers that be dont want us to travel and the airlines are in on it.

Some countries, like Mexico, are trying to woo retirees from the US and elsewhere. Mexico wants these peoples money to be in the Mexican economy. The requirements for a Candian citizen to get a 4 yr temporary does not require proof of any financials and only requires proof you visited Mexico before between an ever growing year span. That's it. You've been to Cancun in 98 for vacation, you are good for 4.

I suspect countries like Canada and the US want to keep that money home. The rules and requirements can change several times in a year in places. It is interesting to see.

I see a graphic with advertised flights showing a carbon reduction metric. I think travel will not be generally permitted in 10 years or be cost prohibitive. We will have 15 minute cities, legal dope, and our memories.

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: frogs453

Maybe not one of those things but let’s talk about everything all together.

-Passport delays
-New applications requirements
-Plane problems/cancellations etc
-Buying Euros is becoming more difficult. Many banks will not give it to you the same day. You have to make an appointment and get it the next day.

Something seems weird.

Hmm, maybe not so weird. It's very possible that the Government and the Party along with the Europens have decided to do whatever they can to limit overseas travel by "Americans" and I can think of several reasons why that would be the case. The moves by the Europeans taken with the US seem to be inline with WEF and UN goals to reduce carbon emissions from air travel and ground transportation. I've seen numerous articles about the Europeans having become fed up with the huge volumes of tourists in many of their cities and favored tourist hot spots.

There may be a banking component as well. The US and the Europeans are careening to CBDC as fast as possible and that will, in the case of the Europeans, probably preceeded by a Digital ID to be adopted by the EU whereby they can track and trace the movements of everyone with the ultimate goal of establishing an individual carbon score for every person by tracking their purchase and commute behaviors. From reports I've seen, the US is, as usual, behind the curve on these WEF/UN goals but is pursuing "FEDNOW", a CBDC, the retail version to be a replacement for the US dollar. The digital ID issuance in the US will come AFTER that and is problematic since it isn't clear that the it's Constitutional for the US to mandate a "Federal" ID. Most ID"s are issued by the States in the form of drivers licenses.

My guess would be the Europeans are behaving they way they are because they sense that the US is behind the curve in tracing and tracking of citizens and that as well, hordes of US tourists add to the EU carbon footprint.

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I guess you haven't heard. The priority is the IRS.

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheEther

In Canada, the federal civil service has increased nearly 30% under Trudeau and passport delays are still the norm. It is my feelings that travel is being made as inconveniant and difficult as possible. The powers that be dont want us to travel and the airlines are in on it.

Very interesting to hear what is going on up there compares to the US. Something is weird.
Travel isn’t impossible, but like you said, it’s inconvenient and difficult…why?

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
While we are all focusing on UFOs, Celebrity sickness and deaths, there is news that is slipping the mainstream gaze.

I’ve read that just a passport won’t be enough to visit some European countries in 2024. You’ll have to complete a detailed “application”.
I’ve also heard that they may pause some passport renewals and that regular passports are severely delayed.
A family member signed up for one in December and received in it May, and that was with paid expedition. It is worse now.

So what’s happening that they don’t want Americans leaving?!!!!

If passports are taking so long why not HIRE people? Serious question. If demand is growing and not slowing down, why not hire more people. It’s not rocket science.

It's essentially a permit to get into European countries.

It has nothing to do with backlogs based on the article I read in the Canadian media. It's more them just changing the process, and now you will have to reveal more about yourself, including criminal history, in order to get approved.

It also is not "trying to keep Americans in." You are free to travel anywhere else in the world if you can't get a permit to enter Europe. It's the same for Canada, and for every other country.

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 04:34 PM
link   

If you look at the territories or third world as Mao called; Any where not up to human standards with humans present there? You can see that also, in the elevation of such peoples out of tribal animism; That they are also, test beds for some initiatives. If you look at how; Intra-country works in Thailand, Cambodia and Laos with passport and visa? Then you can clearly see where it is headed as a main-land policy... Only; Because it works there; As a mirror of the local countries and territories issues; Also for the time being, retains a monarchy and is sort of how church and state of the people were; With Buddhism as the sate religion.

If one looks at what were essentially, at one time... Animist cargo cults and piracy? They've come a very long way, in a short amount of time.

edit on 26-7-2023 by Crowfoot because: clarity/sp.

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Can confirm I was at Wells Fargo last week and the lady in front of me needed Euros and they told her 1 week wait time. They also only offered the exchange it the airport as the only quicker alternative.

<<   2 >>

join