It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roundup that’s what’s for dinner

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

My dad sprayed DDT on fields when I was a kid. Roundup and other pesticides smell similar, it is probably the organophosphates that smell like that. I can smell it's presence and taste it on food, after all, I had it on my whole body when I was with him spraying it on the fields, so it was mixed with my sandwich taste.

We lived in Europe in the 70’s and in high rise apartments.
My dad got there first and said there were so many cockroaches he had to use a shovel to get them all out.
(For those wondering, this is exactly how they treat soldiers and their families!)
Of course after the shoveling, he used DDT all over. It was the bug spray provided by the government. I can never forget that scent.

I’m also like you, I can taste the stuff on my food. When you eat enough clean (organic/homegrown) food you can taste those chemicals so clearly. Strawberries and tomatoes are the worst. Probably because they have thin skin.

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I can't find the study now but organic food was tested and weed killer was in it too.

It gets in the ground water and there is not way to stop organic crops from being contaminated.

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2
I can't find the study now but organic food was tested and weed killer was in it too.

It gets in the ground water and there is not way to stop organic crops from being contaminated.

I’m sure with our air and water there is not 100% perfect food, but being sprayed on directly vs not does have an impact. I can taste it. Also growing your own at home, you have a lot more control.

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Farmers have no choice right now but to use it. It sucks.

In this area resistant weeds are a thing, and farmers using glyphosate really have to pour it on for the stuff to work.

Some are being advised to go back to pulling weeds by hand, the way farmers did long before this stuff! No idea how operators running thousands of acres are going to manage this, even with migrant labor.

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: gb540

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Farmers have no choice right now but to use it. It sucks.

In this area resistant weeds are a thing, and farmers using glyphosate really have to pour it on for the stuff to work.

Some are being advised to go back to pulling weeds by hand, the way farmers did long before this stuff! No idea how operators running thousands of acres are going to manage this, even with migrant labor.

Robots are being designed to identify and pull

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: KindraLabelle2

I always wondered why they spray water on the veggies in the supermarket. Doesn't the mist makes them get rot or moldy faster.... it's like an automated thing with fake thunder noise lol

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2

Sadly, the term "organic" is not an indication of growing process anymore but a marketing label given to growers who meet certain guidelines, one of them being able to use a certain amount of pesticides and chemicals (but not TOO much....trust us on this.....fed)

<< 1   >>

join